1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Newb Needs templar advice.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Grogg, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Grogg

Grogg New Member

Alright, need some help. I'm practically new to Aion and new to this private server thing. I leveled a templar to 55 and the legion I joined was nice enough to give me like 5 Bil kinah. Which I used to get me some pretty decent gear. Some of it anuhart and a mix of grand chieftan. But for being a "tank" class, I feel pretty squishy. Run across a elyos and its boom boom and I'm down for the count all in less than 6 seconds. I understand I dont have the uber donation gear, but doesnt it really make that much of a difference? Are templars pretty useless on a private server? should I be focusing on a Damage dealing class to get PVP's??? Any templar advice would be appreciated for I am feeling class remorse at the moment.​

2. demonblood

demonblood New Member

i played a top geared templar on retail aion as well as private server here.

templars are VERY gear dependent to be really effective in PVP compared to other classes. Yes, pvp gear makes a big difference. Also enhancing the gear to +15 makes a big difference as well.

if you wana dish out good damage, youll need to have a decent weapon +'d up and PVP accessories which increase your dmg against other players

templars are definitely not useless here. they just take more hard work than button mashing to be effective. a skilled templar 1v1 is one of the best. however, this server is mostly group pvp (often large groups). your job is to pull people for your group to kill and to bodyguard and assist your group with AOE root and AOE buff skills.

give me a whisper when im online on Trublood or Coldxblood and id be glad to answer your questions