1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Path not found

Discussion in 'German' started by FabianKrause, Jun 20, 2017.

1. FabianKrause

FabianKrause New Member

Hey leute wenn ich bei meinem Client dne pfad angeben will wo er installieren soll steht da immer path not found bitte schnelle hilfe

2. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

3. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

I can see his issue being 1 of the following:
    1. He didn't actually download the game, just trying to run the launcher
    2. His launcher is in the wrong place so he can either save it in the Aion folder (\NCSoft\Aion\ or \NCSoft\GamezAION\) or he can browse to the folder within the launcher.

The .bat launcher would work too, but it essentially means that he still has to have the game and have the launcher in the right place. It doesn't need a pc restart by the way.

Still guessing he is talking about Aion as the section doesn't say which game.

4. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

I see, I usually do that when I try to troubleshoot someones files. Thanks for the info, Walking F A Q.

5. Smartik1

There is a general problem with the way the standalone launcher is packaged. The fact that it creates a folder when extracting causes many people to end up with the path \GamezAION\GamezAION Launcher\GamezAION.exe rather than simply \GamezAION\GamezAION.exe. Basically, the launcher is looking for a bin32\Aion.bin relative from its location, so it has to be stored in the same folder where you find bin32. If it is anywhere else, you will have to browse for bin32\Aion.bin manually inside the launcher.

6. Joze

Joze Forum Legend

Hmmm, so they should just get everything in one folder, since bin32 should be in the same folder with all the files. Thank you for the info.

7. Smartik1

Think it can't hurt if they packaged an instructions screenshot in the launcher archive showing that their folder should look like this:

upload_2017-6-20_19-41-14.png

Ever since I posted visual screenshots in the Items.pak guide regarding how the folders should look, the amount of people doing it wrong decreased dramatically.