1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Quest Reproduced bout slab

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by syders, May 13, 2019.

1. syders

syders New Member

Bug Name:
    Quest: Reproduce Bautt's Lithography
    Bug Description:
    Cannot finish the quest in question: https://imgur.com/a/YijzLtp
    How to reproduce/proof:
    Follow the quest

2. Frosted

Frosted New Member

Bug Name:
    Quest Reproduced bout slab
    Bug Description:
    won't let you turn the mission in to the NPC/Black spirit
    How to reproduce/proof:

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Sorry to say this but please in the future make a link to the Quest in the Bdo database so we can more easily help you out.

This is part of the main quest, I believe that the BlackSpirit will also interfere here with a quest, but if I am not mistaken this is the part of the quest? (https://bddatabase.net/us/quest/4050/38/)

4. loboram

5. Trill

Trill New Member

Can confirm the mediah main questline when you reach the quest "Reproduced Bout Slate" you are suppose to talk to your black spirit and then talk to Ain Greid "twice"

The first time you talk to him it completes the quest.

The second time you attempt to talk to him to finish the quest nothing happens and it just says talk to him to finish.

I am stuck on this quest as well, the npc in question is located in the ancient fissure near helms.

6. syders

syders New Member

This is this quest, i am talking about and sorry i forgot to put the link of the quest, i will remember for later.

7. loboram

That is good but the problem still remains that you have not actually posted a bug or problem, your post is much too general saying the quest does not work is not that helpful.
    Which part of the quest is not working? Is there an item missing? Does the NPC not offer you the end reward?

8. loboram

Oh no, I think the problem is that the BlackSpirit is interferring in this quest, by giving the adventurer the option to NOT use the stone to protect the Bautt Slate behind the Dwarf. Well in my opinion it is quite easy, you simply refuse to take the quest from the BlackSpirit (press the cancel/refuse/deny/turndown button instead of accept), which leads to the full completion of the quest. It is true that if you are not reading the quest texts and just accepting left and right then finishing the quests you will not notice that some quests have only ONE quest reward and cannot be undone once you have chosen "wrongly".

I know it is confusing when so far the BlackSpirit has been helpful but when you are about to cast it out of your being and challenge it then it turns against you and tries to stop you.

9. loboram

10. Trill

Trill New Member

It does not matter which option you choose the quest should be completed either way, it is still a bug which leaves the player with no way to finish the quest.

11. GODBaoS

GODBaoS New Member

have the same problem, no way to play around it, its just bugged.

12. syders

syders New Member

13. Inn0

Inn0 New Member

The quest in question is this https://bdocodex.com/kr/quest/21408/11/ and not the english outdate version linked above. It starts at the Black Spirit that tell you to talk to Ain to finish the quest. The problem is Ain complets the quest, but doesnt give you the option to take the reward. The solution would be adding the reward option to Ain. Also the same NPC starts the quest right after this one is complete witch is https://bdocodex.com/kr/quest/21408/12/.

P.S. Dont look for an english versions of these quests cause they dont exist not on bdocodex or bddatabase.

14. loboram

Once again for the ones hard of reading, this is not a bug...This is a choice you made by completing the BlackSpirit quest instead of the Dwarf's quest you have lost the item that would complete this quest. Now there Might be a way to regain the Bautt Stone, if you go back to the Helms and see if the NPC wants to give you another one...not even sure if that is possible but it is worth a try.

15. loboram

I do know that the databases need updating but those links are completely useless to me, sorry I cannot understand that language, so it could say pretty much anything really.

I do get that they have changed the storylines and quests, now I might be wrong in my assumption that it was due to completing the BlackSpirit part of this quest, which leads to this quest actually being bugged but then you are the first and only one to describe exactly what the problem is and how it should work, so thanks.

16. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Last NPC of this quest not present in current game version, we unblocked it to hve possibility to run first quests but line cant finish untill we go to next newer version of client.

loboram likes this.
  17. Trill

Trill New Member

If you're not even sure if your solution works, don't start by insulting people in the bug section of the forums that sort of entitlement is disgusting.

Thank you Kolka for the response.

18. loboram

Funny way to put it then, I mean you are advocating for people NOT insulting others in here and you do so by insulting :p

Look @Trill if you check my answers you will clearly see that I am answering the questions to the best of my knowledge which is based on how the game used to function, now it is true that they changed the fundamentals of the entire questline as well as the storyline AND added even more options.

At the time I wrote my answers I had NO idea that this had happened and I therefore thought I was doing the right thing, I know this because I had done the same mistake on the NA-server once that left me without the nice reward of defeating the BlackSpirit.

I do want to apologize to the players that felt like I was being mean towards them, but as I have pointed out if you read the answers again the only part which could be taken as a direct insult is: "...hard of reading..."

So I am not entirely sure what to make of your insulting answer @Trill ?

19. OMajor

OMajor New Member

So... as I've read until here...
    Everyone will get stuck in this quest and end of the road for now, there is no workaround at all.
    Let's hope it would be fixed on next (or another next) update.