1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Siege ogres are horrible for the siege scene

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Slogenn, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Slogenn

Slogenn New Member

i don't get the point of even implementing this, last siege was actually the worst siege i've ever experienced. implementing this caused siege to become ogre wars, a single ogre can literally delete a gate and do alot of damage to forts, and let's not even get started on how tanky that thing is. now that literally every guild is grinding these ogres it's gonna get even worse, i ASSUME there is a limit on how many ogres you can spawn but 1 already is game changing, imagine 3-4 of those. they can single handedly take down the gates and fort itself.

just please do us a favor and don't kill what's left of the siege scene.

if anyone is not aware of what this item is: https://bddatabase.net/us/item/56171/

2. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

We had few tests on last week, and what we got:
    In original game samage to gate/fort from ogre is same.
    Damage from ogre to players - same.
    Damage from players to ogre - same.
    Only 2 difference we have now:
    1) On gamez players can spawn ogres and cannon just after spy inside castle - that will be fixed on next maintance and players will able to spawn it only outside the castle.
    2) On gamez x10 drop chance of all items in drop so people can get this summon items x10 faster every week. But we never edit drop so we cant nerf any drop even it need for balance.

So what is our current plan:
    Tonight we will install patch with not allow players spawn Ogres inside castles. And will investigate how castle wars will going. To be honest - Enhanced Flametower do good damage to ogre - its near 150-200k damage per hit so i recommend use few of them to protect castle. Sure if we will see that players really do all against ogres and still no chances, we will implement restrictions of amount ogres per guild customly, but not is too early for that. Cuz from what i saw last siege, players just saw ogres and not known what to do with it.

loboram likes this.
  3. DNTK

DNTK Getting there

https://streamable.com/rfpbwb
    That was +/- 8th ogre going to our fort without any protection from guilds. U kill this one, and another one will come in sec.

I honestly think tho it can be good content if there is limit for 1 ogre per siege, that would force guilds to protect their ogre instead of just spamming it all the time.

4. VelvetCrow3

VelvetCrow3 New Member

I agree ogres are very OP on seiges. Please look into it.

5. VerseExtremis

VerseExtremis New Member

Coming from a break and playing endgame sieges on another similar korean mmo with limited available trebuchets and items that could turn the battle, seems like these ogres atm are farmed cause of the x10 drop rate @Kolka . I would suggest since you clearly said that you wont alter the drop rate that you at least make it 1 maybe 2 per guild per siege. That way guilds will have to coordinate and protect their ogres and not just infinite spawn. If you dont wanna limit the amount since people might complain that they have too many scrolls, then maybe you can put a cooldown on the ogres after one dies you can like spawn another in 5minutes or something or have certain requirements . Imho best option tho would be to limit them.