1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion] ABG & TAC Officer

Discussion in 'Contact Us' started by Ephaelion, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephaelion

Ephaelion Proficient

Hello everyone,

I perfectly know that what I’m going to say will be accepted by like.. 101% of the players and rejected by like.. 101% of the staff, mostly server admins.

What I’d like to suggest is, to be clear and concise, to make top stuff purchasable in game, as in both ABG items for pvp and TAC Officer items for pve.

On a fair play it’s disappointing that someone who can’t donate to get that stuff will never be able to be at his best due to his gear. You can be as good as you want in pvp, but as long as you’re worn in full EGT or full GPP you won’t get far vs. full ABG players. I think it’s just a matter of having fair things. That will surely lower donations, that’s why admins will most likely never do this.

However, I’m not here to whine or complain so don't get me wrong, cause I’m having fun even without ABG items, it's just a matter of fairness.

So basically what I suggest, in order to find a good compromise between players and admins, is:
    • Make both ABG and TAC Officer purchasable in game, BUT: set their price at like an insane amount (like for example 4~5 Mil Abyss Points and like 500 platinum medals for each ABG/GBG piece and 200~250k Crucible Insignias for TAC Officer).
    I’m not saying to take them off from donation list, what I mean is just: “You’re lazy? Then you’re free to spend 100 bucks on that, otherwise you can just take up the challenge and farm your ass out to get the best equipment in game”.

That’s how it usually is on every private server, and probably how every player would like it to be.

Is it far from feasibility or could it be arranged somehow?

If you guys have other suggestions feel free to discuss.

Thanks for your time.

2. Rizenz

Rizenz Anniel Lien Enna Forum Legend

I agree and I do not on the part I marked ( bold ) It's not that people are lazy some maybe sure but Players like myself have a job and works pretty much every day for 12 hours if not more ( military here ) And so I dont really have the time to farm and all that like I used to. So donation is one of my best options.

As for your suggestion its just like you said players would agree but reality wise they probably wont due to the fact that most private servers needs donation to keep running.

3. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

This is a suggestion which has been voiced countless times in the past and rejected an equal amount.

The simple fact of the matter is that Gamez, like all private servers, lacks a subscription-based payment model to sustain our costs. Due to this we turn to donations and make certain items obtainable via a donation system - gear like ABG and Tac Officer's exclusively so.

This isn't done out of greed, it's done to ensure our balance sheets come out with a number that means the servers stay open. Making ABG and Tac available ingame, even at a high level of difficulty, proposes a significant risk to our server sustainability. I would be inclined to agree with you if either set had world-shattering stats that outstripped everything else by a mile but that simply isn't true. You can quite easily PvP with APP gear and be competitive.

Another prominent issue with making ABG/Tac obtainable ingame is largely centered around the fact that it only takes one small bug, one itsy bitsy little developer oversight in a patch, to completely and utterly turn things sunnyside down. This was seen back in 1.9 days when gold medal duping forced us to take a harsh stand and again more recently when a bug allowed for Crucible Insignias to be duped (Thankfully we had recently disabled Tac Officer being purchasable ingame) It's a sad and unfortunate fact that people quite happily throw sand at us whenever we extend trust to them, over 100 people abusing that Insignia bug and not a one filed a report until after we fixed it and began a ban-spree. Many of our rules exist because people continue to abuse the trust we put into them - that's just an unfortunate part of human nature.

Your idea is a nice one but it simply isn't realistic, both from a financial perspective and a trust one.

If you want ABG you don't have to pay money for it, you can either farm vote points (which will take awhile) or you can be clever and make the right trades ingame to speed things up. I know plenty of people on Siel/Lumiel who have several ABG sets and yet have never donated a dime.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.