1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion] New Fishing Event?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Kthulupwns, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Kthulupwns

Kthulupwns New Member

Hey there guys,

I'm fairly new to the server, played over a month now. When I joined the Valentine days events were still active. As I'm sure most of you are aware, fishing during this event was profitable, but hard to really get value on if it's a purely afk lifeskill. There have been some people who I've seen since I started who complained about the inventory management of the event, which by nature it's handing u CP/money/Memory fragments so inventory was an issue even at 192/192. It was still a good event if you fish at night for your afk lifeskill but honestly it deterred people from the lifeskill all together.

My proposal and what I'd like to discuss is simple.

Adding a 500k gold fish event, like Koi, Silver horn fish or something to that affect.
    I personally feel it would be a great way to get new players, returning players and people who've played GameZ for a while that aren't really into lifeskilling or don't know much about it a way to earn some passive income to help with progression. More silver in circulations means more movement on the marketplace, putting money back into lifeskiller/enhancers to create more equity on the marketplace. I feel like it would be really good for growing/retaining current players and future players.

Economically, Silver on GameZ is not hard to make, it just requires game knowledge/time management and understanding progression in each respective field. I'm not disputing that, but if you compare fishing @ base rates without event compared to any other afk lifeskill, and the profit margins just aren't there. I can't imagine outside of 2k+ mastery hotspot fishing, that there is any real money in fishing at all.

in conclusion, these are just my opinions. And if you disagree with my proposal or have a different opinion or suggestion, that's why I'm creating this post. I've really enjoyed starting here on gamez, and am having a blast. I know that Closed mouths don't get fed, so this is me trying to do something about what I perceive as an area we can improve as a way to Put some more money in everyones pocket. Have a great day and thank you for your time.

Be well you guys,
    Kthulu

s06827012 likes this.
  2. sandman9

sandman9 New Member

I agree, ask fishing is trash, you get like 50-70mil per night(8-10 hours), its not even worth doing it. And i have a really high fishing mastery. Something needs to be done, i want to be able to do any afk life skill that i want and be rewarded properly for it. I don't want to be forced to do the same that everybody do. It's lame, just BUFF AFK FISHING PLEASE! it's so bad compared to any other afk life skilling and i really enjoy doing it.

3. Kota

Kota New Member

I joined the game while the event was still in progress and thought that's how it is on the gamez version of bdo, I was getting 50 to like 80 million for the whole night of afk fishing it felt fair and much better than retail.
    I fished much longer both times now while afk and my max was 15million silver, for a whole night of fishing I remember on retail I got much more money than that. So I thought something broke and boosted rates bugged but no apparently it was an event.
    Please don't keep afk fishing for the whole night worth less than quite literally 12-15 minutes of grinding in most locations, I can make much more money processing/cooking over night but I like coming back looking at what I hauled, using relics and farming some bosses (well used to now, since I only get 8-12~ relic shards a night now it seems)

4. Kthulupwns

Kthulupwns New Member

I think you somehow lost the point of the entire post.

5. Actkqk

Actkqk New Member

So, you want better rewars for doing NOTHING?... Ok
    Do another "nothing" thing if is better but more rewars for doing absolutely nothing is just bad, and sad...

6. Kota

Kota New Member

I did? "
    Adding a 500k gold fish event, like Koi, Silver horn fish or something to that affect.
    I personally feel it would be a great way to get new players, returning players and people who've played GameZ for a while that aren't really into lifeskilling or don't know much about it a way to earn some passive income to help with progression. More silver in circulations means more movement on the marketplace, putting money back into lifeskiller/enhancers to create more equity on the marketplace. I feel like it would be really good for growing/retaining current players and future players."
    is making fishing more worthwhile doing, which is what I want too

7. Kota

Kota New Member

I don't want rewards for doing nothing, I'll be afk fishing :)
    Otherwise I can spend my time doing 'nothing' like cooking through the whole night, or processing or even levelling a horse to breed and sell. In these you can get money by letting the game run and sleep/do something else.
    The event that was on helped fishing be on par with the other methods of getting silver while not doing too much (you turn the fish in, do the relics for frags etc.) I simply want to see fishing give the same rewards as other choices if you want to do it

8. Kthulupwns

Kthulupwns New Member

Idk what you call lifeskilling but I'm pretty sure its not doing "nothing"