1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

To Carl~ A Simple Question.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Esprit, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esprit

Esprit New Member

Hello, everyone.

I'm not here to flame any staff.
    I'm not here to indulge in idle gossip, to make immature jokes, or to insult anybody concerned.
    I'm definitely not here to blow off any steam, pointlessly raging at everyone and everything.
    I'm also not here to type out a lengthy discourse on the current situation in Crystal in general, with walls of text, links, images and statistics, goodness no.

No, I'm here to ask a question.

If we would stop for a moment and have a look around, it'd be quite evident that we haven't handled this situation with much maturity. Take a look at this section of the forums - Of all the topics that discuss the current issues, there is not a single one not full of rage, filled to the brim with pointless hate. What does anyone even hope to accomplish when simple suggestions blow up into full flame wars between players and the staff?

Nothing, that's what. Maybe we can change that.

I'd like to request something from everyone reading this; everyone who still cares even the tiniest bit about Crystal. From the silent majority watching from the sidelines, to the vocal minority who have woven themselves deep into the huge web of hate currently plaguing the forums: take five, relax and please think before you speak. Please - let's keep this discussion constructive.

The purpose of this topic is to ask a simple question to address a simple problem. We aren't asking for much from the staff; merely a little transparency - clear reasoning and rationales for the staff's decisions.

The situation is simple: a broken server, overrun with bugs. The solution is also simple: Chlora can and is perfectly willing to invest his time to fix them.
    However, what is not simple is the problem: he has been repeatedly denied authority to access files and implement his fixes.

I'd like to apologize to the entire staff on behalf of the community for the blatant flaming and disrespect we've shown, however trust is a two-way road. I do find one thing lacking from the staff, and I'd like to ask for it in return: transparency. I firmly believe that if the staff would finally give us clear reasoning for not giving Chlora authority, this hate can stop, and we might be able to hold a meaningful discussion to resolve this issue.

Hence, I would like to implore the staff to answer this one question. No more flames, no more bullshit; right here and right now, answer this question once and for all for everyone to see.

Why?

10 people like this.
  2. ciufpuf

ciufpuf Attention Whore! Forum Legend

a few days ago there was a suggestion like this..and it turned into a war..

3. RoyaleBK

RoyaleBK Well-Known Member

well i think Carl has a secretary which is Krissa i dont know if Krissa has the Authority to the files...bu ti dont really know..thats what i believe in...

4. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

To avoid any worthless, useless, pointless flaming. Don't post here, unless you have facts that you can back up, please. Don't come with "I think." or any other invalid reply.

This is serious, so let's just let this be, bump it from time to time, until Carl or Karissa responds. Though, some of you may already know, but it's up to either one of those two to announce it, no one else.

Also, please don't ragelock this. Just ragedelete the post. >.> The OP has good intentions and I believe those should be respected.

1 person likes this.
  5. antoha

antoha Proficient

i can tell u why, its pretty simple(i was a server owner aswell back in the days *not aion tho* and i had the same dilema).
    giving access means the person gets full control of the server and all its files, it means he can delete everythin or steal the files or w/e he wants.
    now obviusly, if carl didnt trust the files to Chrola it means he's afraid.
    and belive that Chrola dosent have... hm how to say that.... "pure intentions"
    so the rlly good thing u (but "u" i mean all Crystal-Aion-Playing-Dudes) an do, is make them talk and let the time go by, till carl can trust chrola enough to give him access.
    u dont need any of the staff or any flame wars to determin that, its extreamly simple.

6. Omega

Omega New Member

Agreed with everything Esprit said. May I also ask that if someone does flame in this thread, can that persons POST be deleted, not the whole thread.

7. kecimis

kecimis Proficient Forum Legend

I think its only a matter of time till Carl will have to give Chlora access, because now when AU is over, Chlora is only dev for this server. No more updates without Chlora, so he gets kind of important. Also I wonder how longer will he stay, because the presure on him, will be much higher in future.

8. sundried

sundried Getting there

I do hope these issues resolve themselves. I'm one of the "silent guys watching from the sidelines" and frankly, I'm tired of server hoping from one to another in the hopes of finding a decent one where me and my friends can play.

I'm not pro-community. Some of them really do NEED serious therapy. Heck, I'm not pro-staff either. Yes, I have my own opinions as well, but the topic starter already said the gist of it so I'll leave it at that. What I am is pro-SERVER. I like Crystal Aion as a whole, but I think both Staff and Community should really fix the obvious communication problem here.

Let's all face it: the staff needs a good community as a player/donation base, while the community needs a staff that can support and address their needs. Seems simple, right? Why can't we all just get along? :sad:

2 people like this.
  9. TriangleMan

TriangleMan New Member

10. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

BUMP for carl and karisisa to answer

11. TriangleMan

TriangleMan New Member

12. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

Could have just linked them to it on their profile rather then bumping.

N> exciting topics ;P

13. brainpower

brainpower Banned

and we want treadable items again , imo you just switch paypal with credit cards = no more problems + fun for everyone ...

14. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

... He's replying to the topic, and please.. stop asking that! He answered it once, and said there is a chance it will be back by the next patch! Unless, people like you continue to QQ about it. Use the search button or go to his profile and review his post.

Be patient, ffs.

15. TriangleMan

TriangleMan New Member

No, not the point of the thread. Stay on topic.

BUMP FOR REAL QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED.

[​IMG]

16. Wangarang

Wangarang Banned

Why would anyone stick around on these servers knowing how awfully they're run? Nerds are a mystery.

17. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

^ the above post has nothing to do with the discussion. All we care to know now is the why...but I think it is too late either way. If you know what I am talking about, like a few of you do, its time to give up IMO. Unless carl who read this thread can explicate his next steps.

Understand AU has been discontinued also

18. TriangleMan

TriangleMan New Member

I already left with no intention of signing on again, I just find the horribly mismanaged PR hilarious and want to see how it turns out.

Answer the question: BUMP

[​IMG]

19. Carl

Carl Administrator Admin

The solution maybe simple for you but for me it isn't. What do you want? A secure long term server which gets updated every 1-2 days depending on the bug priority or an unsecured server which gets updated every 30 mins with the latest fixes?

There is a reason why we have a "Test Server" for developers, its a simple matter of applying and testing the fixes on the test server first then moving them to the live servers. Chlora just needs to create a change log with the fixes on the test server so I can apply them to the live servers everyday or two depending on the bug priority. This is the safest method and the road I plan to take which I know wouldn't ruin the server.

I say no to giving him access to the crystal servers, its not necessary when I can update the servers myself like I have been always doing and its also putting the server at risk by giving him access to the database with everyone's passwords, paypal emails, transactions etc I have my own reasons for not trusting Chlora and Chlora knows why I can't trust him. What if one day Chlora decides he doesn't like the server and deletes the database or something? Who is going to get the blame?

Right now nothing is stopping Chlora from applying his fixes / updates.

Everyone doesn't have to depend on Chlora, you might see a few Devs popping in soon. Im trying to fix our biggest problem right now with a memory leak which keeps crashing gamezaion.

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.