1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Valencia castle closed to tourists?_ Solved

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Deya, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Deya

Deya New Member

Both my husband and i had Valenica castle quests upon coming to castle he noted the gate was closed and he couldn't get in. Thankfully his quest was actually underneath the castle. But mine was in the actual castle itself, I tried changing channel and relogging. But it seems it's closed everywhere so i can't complete my quest. This is the quest https://bdocodex.com/us/quest/5614/4/
    How to recreate? Walk over to Valencia castle and see the gates are down.

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Yeah I remember the difficulty I had in finding some useful information on that particular problem.
    The thing is, I have seen the Valencia Castle Site with the gates open at certain times of the day, but not sure if it is due to an event perhaps, I also know a way into the castle itself however it does require some manuvering and jumping for a ledge (using jump crystal +35 and a jump potion really helped).

There is a way into the underground part of the castle that passes by a collapsed part of the castle where you can plainly see a tunnel (of sorts) continuing but above your current position, now without the helping jump buffs I could not make the jump up to the ledge, so therefore most players try and abandon the idea when it seems impossible. You do have to use the tiny bit of raised ground right next to it getting a running start and going for it until you got the rythm of the characters movements and how far they jump down.

Took me many goes but eventally I did find a right angle and jumping position, made the ledge and walked straight up into the castle's courtyard, from there I had to figure out how to use a Flagpole hanging out from the wall in order to jump into the next part of the castle.

Hope this helps and gets moved to another part of the forum since it is not a bug, the gates are closed most of the time I think.

3. Deya

Deya New Member

It's odd because when i was doing the Valencia quest line itself it was always open but i took some time off questing before I went to Arehaza and picked that quest and now it's closed. I can't help but wonder if it was an unintended effect of something else.

ETA: if anything it got my butt out of the desert because....yea i love it there so much i forgot that Grana and Drieghan even existed still need to do the main questlines there :D

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

Hehe, fair enough, also I have had the misfortune of going (on auto without waypoint) through the desert heading for the Sand Grain Bazaar and ending up in the underground Prison, Twice!
    So yeah until I get gear that can make me survive down there, I am also going to stay away - although I have to say that the Manshaums in Kamasylvia take the cake in being amongst the toughest opponents, mainly due to their long ranged attacks and movement speed. So "good luck" out there and hopefully you will be able to finish up that part of the BSQ (BlackSpiritQuestline) another time, which is a wonderful part of this game, there always seems to be more to do :)

Oh by the way can you please change the title of the post to title_name+solved

5. Deya

Deya New Member

Well i do go there on occasion usually with the help of a black spirit claw lol, fun place to challenge myself when i get tired of beating up the mobs in the sulfur mines. Once i finish the questlines in grana and dreighan i will run back to my beloved desert :D

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

Seems like an idea, to test one's skills and see if the gametime has paid off in betterment of your abilities to manuever your character around their attacks and deal damage quick enough to their shamans of course ;)

Thanks for the title change too