1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[VOTE] Resource Nodes (Wood)

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, Nov 8, 2023.

Tags:
?

Remove extra Resources, to get more players back to our server?

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

62.5%
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Remove extra Resources, to get more players back to our server?
    If we remove the "bonus resources" the life-skillers would have a source of income once again (IF the Trade system is changed as well), this might be a really good option for other types of players.

More players = Greater chances of a bigger and more semi-permanent population. Also more PvP and Group content will happen once there are more players.

I recommend that we remove all those pesky "extra" resources currently added to all "Wood Resources";
    https://bdocodex.com/us/item/5005/
    https://bdocodex.com/us/item/5011/
    https://bdocodex.com/us/item/5006/
    https://bdocodex.com/us/item/5007/
    https://bdocodex.com/us/item/5008/

It is 5 slots of space being taken up by these "extra bonus resources", and they just sit there getting bigger and bigger...because there are FAR too many of them now, they have little to no value on the market either.

2. Luren

Luren New Member

Hm... Not for me. Keep extra ressources.

Edit : I just checked on the European market... It is precisely in this server that we have nothing on the market.

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

So you aren't interested in having a big population on a MMO-server? The insane amounts of extra stuff we've gotten here is now Much More than needed.

My idea is Extremely simple; Add more reasons for Life-skilling players to join and enjoy the game on GamezBD, and there Will be more players in general joining and playing actively. IF GamezBD Keeps giving away stuff, and making the game more and more easy, less and less challenging, you Should really understand the end of that trend. If you are unable to think that far into the future, then let me give you a quick run-down:

Game is made so simple and easy that there is no longer any real reason to play, except for "bragging right" (which is really sad to be proud of computer game accomplishments) that players can show off what they have in-game.

Amount of players interested in playing the official game doesn't vary that much, because they haven't destroyed their own game...yet. BUT when players leave the Pearl Abyss servers to join a Pserver, it is because they aren't young people with no responsibilities, they are indeed real people with real lives to live. So they join a Pserver so that they might progress faster and get the most of out the game, in the Very small amount of time that they can dedicate to gaming.

So it is because of the insane yankeeland-ideology of capitalistic competition that has taken over the development of Pservers, in which the Pservers are now competing among themselves, to create a version of the original game, that "the most can enjoy". BUT the reality is that you can only make the game so easy as to attract players, but as soon as they get the top stuff, and have gotten that out of their system, they have little to no reason to go back and keep playing.

*** So in summation the way Pservers are competing is RUINING the concept of the game, and therefore making all this effort worthless. I rallied behind this project in particular, because it Really seemed (back then) that they knew, the extremely delicate balance between making the game accessible to players, while NOT destroying the main concept and game flow.

I don't understand how removing a mechanism, that was put in place ONLY to fill the Central Market, could mean the end of this server project?
    Especially when you see that the items I am referring to, were Only available to life-skilling players, and therefore they had a real purpose and means to make silver in-game. Now the administration and development here on GamezBD, have made some really questionable decisions, regarding how much easier to make the game, and they have NEVER endorsed the life-skilling players on this server project. Which is the reason for the first three exoduses of players from this server project.

Not speculation, but I've actually been around to see and hear it for myself, from a whole lot of players.

VERY EASY for non-english; More players = Good