1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

When optimization like in official servers will be added to Gamez BD?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by AynSof, Jul 26, 2018.

1. AynSof

AynSof Banned

Recently kakao made a optimization of BDO so there is no longer lag in cities and on bosses. I wonder when or if it will be added here on Gamez BD.

Also not sure why trade if not fixed yet. It seems it is some technical brain teaser for admins. But optimization is much more necessary. Heidel and boss lag is huge

loboram likes this.
  2. PaiZ

PaiZ New Member

Yeah, if it got "fixed" would be very cool but... my pc can run boss at 45~50 fps, and heidel at almost the same, i dont blame the gamer or server for it, i know half of the problem is my setup, so... u may have lag for not having a better setup..
    ~ as i said, half of the problem ofc... ~

3. EddieVice

EddieVice New Member

What I did is buy a heavier duty fan for my GPU and PC Box and overclocked it (up to the safe perimeters of course).
    Things you could do is :
    1- buy a small cheap SSD for the game to be on and lessen the popin-out effect.
    2- get better cooling and OC GPU and CPU
    3- buy an additional stick of RAM maybe.

Even with that you might not get the wanted results as bottlenecks can happen anywhere be it due to CPU bottleneck or GPU bottleneck.

4. AynSof

AynSof Banned

Well i have 3000 usd custom build pc. ( i know how to build best in price pc) ssd, 8GB GPU, 6 core 3.5ghz CPU, 16GB Ram) network 100MB/s , formatting was month ago, WIN 10 PRO freshly installed, latest drivers. All games run on ultra in stable 60fps, have no problems on official servers, no lag at all there.

5. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

They can't add anymore optimization from retail because we're already running all of that. I believe the anticheat is causing a lack of a stable framerate, but I could be wrong.

Noyah likes this.
  6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I was funny enough JUST about to post a thread about this very subject as it has been going downhill rather rapidly over the last few patches, I am of course only speaking of my own setup as mentioned by @PaiZ, however it is not a dire necessity to get a state-of-the-art-super-computer just so you can play a game.

The Optimization has been up and running (or the game has gotten more "cluttered") on our server since I was able to play quite well without major issues before the last 5 or so patches (not sure exactly when things started going wrong with the graphics), but ever since then this game's graphic demands have become higher and higher (or more complicated I am by far not an expert on the subject). The post I made earlier about the game being nearly unplayable is still very much true specifically when it comes to World Bosses and of course crowded cities, but it should, sure as shaite, not be my problem and down to my wallet size whether I am able the enjoy playing the game or whether I am merely guessing at where my character is and what it is doing when I am near a crowd of other players.

I am by no means saying that @Kolka is not doing his job because as far as I am concerned he is the master problem cruncher, the issue I had with the previous quote is that the person who made it seems to think that money grows on trees and that anyone can afford a new computer or at least one that can run this game well. Not everyone in this community is a teenager living at home with their parents, not spending money on anything important like: rent, food, transport, clothes, and so on. So when you put it like that it sounds (at least to me) as if you are saying "if you cannot afford a proper computer then stop playing", and sure it is a bad interpretation I know that I am taking it much harder than it actually is.

This quote is however quite saddening, because I am all for NO bots on our server however the problem has already been in affect pretty much since this project was started for real without the resets needed to balance the world and players; since the major issues of exploits have been hunted down and fixed, BUT it is obvious that some people have abused the problems the server had to begin with and if they are still around they will have an insane benefit compared to everyone else who did not abuse the system exploits. I am NOT advocating for a server wipe since I would hate to start all over again (although I would certainly be willing to do it all over again here on this server and community) but the problems have already affected the entire community because of the exploiters, before all of you go apeshaite over this statement know that I am not saying we should do this.

Instead there might be a golden middle, some way to make sure that the game does not attract these arseholes (exploiters) by limiting the bot activity as well as making the game able to run on older computer systems so that low-income/poor people can still enjoy a very well needed escape from reality all over the world :)

Let me clarify: I am not saying wipe the server.
    I am saying that there MIGHT be a solution that is able to solve this problem; like the wonderful "HIDE other players" option that was absolutely AWESOME when it was working :D