1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where do I start ?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Streakhaven, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Streakhaven

Streakhaven New Member

Hello everyone ! I'm totally new to BDO, but did not want to spend the money to purchase the game, hence was searching for a private server and found this one. I'm totally new, so I'm still very much confused about how the combat works, because I understand it's a lot of memory-based to actually remember what hotkey + hotkey to use whichever combos and skills, but the combat nonetheless seems very fluent and smooth.

I'm still downloading the game as I type this thread, not sure how my ping would be like as I'm from Malaysia. Definitely like to have kind souls out there willing to guide me through the game as I would definitely need friends as well. I've read through some of the new players guides, but seems quite overwhelm to me with so many information and details that there is out there. I'd love to have someone just roughly simplify what would I first need to do and so on, or even better help me out in-game as I go.

Anyhow, appreciate any help that I could get from all of you !

loboram likes this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello there @Streakhaven, and welcome to our community, I do hope your stay with us will be a pleasant one.

So...yeah the thing is the game is immense, so many different aspects and things to do. It is really difficult to give a rough draft of what to do, especially since everyone plays the game differently.

But what I Can suggest that you do, is find a guild, possibly in the guild ssection of the forum, or by having some chats with various guilds in-game (once you get there). I am sure that there are some guilds that would welcome new players, helping them out and "showing them the ropes". If you fail to find a guild that is able to do that for you, you are most welcome in mine: Bloodhawks (you can find us in the Guild Section).

I have one easy piece of advice to give though; Do NOT let others tell you how to play the game, since it is for you to enjoy and play whenever/however you want to.

One last thing; try doing the main-questline, the quests that the Black Spirit keeps offering you.
    They will take you around in the game world and show you many different aspects of the game, so play along while getting to know the basics of the game, afterwards you can always make another character and try another approach. It pays off to have many characters, but you will figure this out eventually :)

3. Streakhaven

Streakhaven New Member

Hello ! Thanks so much for the helpful info and advice. As for the guild, I'd join your guild, save me the hassle of finding another one, I'll check it out soon !

4. Qubiubi96

Qubiubi96 New Member

Jemand deutsches hier der mit bisschen helfen kann über Discord? @Punchi#1049 Wäre super cool. Danke euch

5. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Once again...think it is much easier for you to find a guild, which is kind and helpful to new players.