1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why NOT to get Worldboss-Armour

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, Jan 1, 2019.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I found this interesting article made by feebleone (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/135629-you-should-not-be-using-boss-armor/):
    " * This applies mostly to the casual/average player base who is struggling with Duo/Tri Boss armor.
    Even at 61+ I have never bothered with Boss Equipment.
    Lets examine why:
    Since this is Armor Specifically it mainly applies to DP. So which grants more DP, common sets or Boss Armor? For nearly every player in the game COMMON ARMOR's will be completely superior in DP which also gives you the ability to stack a lot more AP. The reason for this is how the enchanting process works. In order to get Duo/Tri Boss Gear many players are struggling through months and spending a fortune on it.
    Instead they could have already been in full PEN/TET by using common armors. I have purchased PEN equipment on the market for FAR CHEAPER than getting a Boss Armor to TRI. Unless your one of the wealthiest players in the game mostly likely your not going to get TET/PEN Boss gear.
    What about all the extra bonuses boss armor grants?
    All that extra HP!!! That HP is completely useless unless you have full TET/PEN Boss gear. The amount of additional DP you will get from +19, +20 is completely superior to any bonus HP.
    I need that stamina! When fully decked you won't even be able to notice it! Your stamina will come from breathing, earrings, etc.
    What about that attack speed! You can max run speed, atk or cast speed, and crit rate WITHOUT ANY BOSS ARMOR.
    The ONLY way for Boss Gear to truely be viable is to get it to TET or higher.
    Remember all those GEAR > ALL statements? It means AP/DP
    EVEN if you can a few extra resistances none of that will matter for PVP either if your running around with measly Duo/Tri gear. In fact once a players AP tops out even TET/PEN really won't do much.
    Instead of wasting billions trying to TRI/TET your boss armor you could have been maxing Earings, Belts, Rings, Trying to TRI/TET your weapons, etc."

acqustic91, Boop, Mycca and 2 others like this.
  2. ShadoweCZ

ShadoweCZ Loner by choice

agree

the only boss items that are necesary for ME are weapons and thats only main and offhand ...
    main because accuarcy and offhand for more damage (kutum PvE, nouver PvP)

i dont realy see reason to go full boss when im just grinding and not realy focusing on PvP at all ..
    also with the new updates (that will surely come to us too) renow will be removed, DP buffed and green gear will become even more viable cause
    gearscore will not be the only think deciding the winner in PvP ..

also there are classes that i only play with green items like musa with XX/Taritas cause mana and stuff ... and when the blue akum set comes (with Drieghan) then to me there will be no reason to go boss at all

loboram likes this.