1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ze Avengerz' Speshul Reeveeu

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by ghost521, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost521

ghost521 Lucent's name is Jeremy

Hulk-The-Avengers-movie-image-2.jpg

Now that I've seen The Avengers, I'd say I have some rights to bag on some of the characters, especially some.

But first, I think I know the reason why the world gets to see it first, while America belongs to the last group: It's a moneymaker weekend for Hollywood. On one end, most movies here in the states only open on Friday, when people are off work and are looking forward to a fun weekend. On the other hand, this week's Saturday is Cinco de Mayo, a festival for Hispanics (or Mexicans, bluntly put). Combined the two factors together, and you have a great opportunity to reel in money, seeing how big the built-up hype was.

Now, without further ado, let's welcome the main cast.

In chronological order (not that I can be accurate, but eh):

- Nick Fury - played by Samuel L. Jackson: Classic Samuel L. Jackson acting. Full of wits, razor-sharp responses, and an unyielding personality. Fit for a leader of S.H.I.E.L.D, can't ask for anything better.

- Agen Phil Coulson - played by Clark Gregg: The token black dude of the movie.

- Maria Hill - played by Cobie Smulders: Did she even do anything?

- Hawkeye - played by Jeremy Renner: Personally, the most bland and boring character of the bunch. It may have had something to do with the fact that Hawkeye has never had any lead-in movies prior to this one, but overall, the character is extremely bland here. No funny lines, little action or connection to the audience, boring cliched power (yeah, bull's eye arrow skills, next please).

- Loki - played by Tom Hiddleston: Typical cliched spoil brat with a vision a thousand times greater than himself. Obviously hasn't learned anything from being thumped in the face so many times by Mjolnir.

- Iron Man - played by Robert Downey Jr.: Still as witty and sharp as he ever was, playboy millionaire (billionaire?) technology genius Tony Stark returns in all his glory, featuring turbine-spinning jet power and a drastic yet classical "cellphone" ending! [No, I actually enjoy his humor more in this one.]

- Captain America - played by Chris Evans: His lead-in movie has ruined his reputation in my book. Even worse, he has become even more of a high-horse douche in this one. The only saving point for him is his pretty face. Which I might, or might not do naughty things to. Also, what the **** is in his shield? How did it withstand a smash of Mjolnir?

- Black Widow - played by Scarlett Johannson: Great actin- oh wait, it's just your butt and tits. And you're a redhead.

- Thor - played by Chris Hemsworth: I can't say anything much about him, since I'm not very familiar with Thor. But taken out of a colorful Asgard setting, I'd say Thor has lost some appeal. Although his accent is sexy and he is really buffed, I don't like the character much. A bit too pretentious I say.

- Hulk - played by Mark Ruffalo: This guy takes the cake. In his Dr. Bruce Banner persona, he is boring, but in Hulk mode (especially during the last fight sequence), he has suprised me. Great (not) subtle humor and pretty much invincible, The Hulk has redeemed himself from his previously tarnished reputation in his lead-ins. HURRAY! SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH

Storywise, pretty much typical of what you would expect from a superhero action movie. I was more than a bit surprised to see an action movie of this category to do so well in ratings. The special effects are great, there's really nothing to add to it. Music score leads you into the right mood. The 3D version has some special extras, but I'm not sure since I have not seen the 2D one yet.

Overall, a very refreshing experience. The Avengers is the shining example of something good by the sum of its parts, considering how much all the lead-ins tanked.

Score: 9/10

Also, to quote Bruce Banner: "I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him."
    Yep.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.