1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bartering worth?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Ritterkreuz, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Ritterkreuz

Ritterkreuz New Member

Hello,

What's the current state of bartering? Is it a viable method of making silver or a novelty? Just wanna know if I should stark working on a boat or not :)

2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

It is worth, also you need to barter in order to upgrade some ships. But you'll need to link mostly of the nodes needed, players don't usually use those nodes here because grinding is the best source of incoming.

loboram likes this.
  3. S33k3R

S33k3R New Member

This must be a joke right? lol

4. Ritterkreuz

Ritterkreuz New Member

What is best way then?

5. Jujuba

Hunting is a good lifeskill to profit, just like gathering, but better. The thing is that hunting you do need some TET/PEN manos to hunt on best spots, like lions at Valencia, gathering you may profit a lil even on early levels/mastery.
    The market really lacks the materials to bartering, that's why you need to link the nodes in order to get it.

If you don't agree it's probably because you have a good source of incoming, so why don't you share and help our friend?

6. S33k3R

S33k3R New Member

Well where do you want me to start, eh fuck it...here we go

You say gathering is good, its not. sharps market was okish with demand/supply before this increase in drop event for sharps, now they barely sell, why? not enough demand...because we aint retail with their numbers. This increased drop event pretty much killed the sharp market for...prob atleast 6 months ( taking into consideration how long the event is active) So gathering now is useless unless you need mats for cooking/alchemy

Hunting is not something you will be making alot of money out of until you get 901 mastery ( some good hunting clothes, tri logia accesories + guru 1 should get one to over 901) So you can exclude this from begginers ( if someone has to ask how to make money, they are begginers and new to the game)

Imperial Cooking/alchemy can be done from the get go BUT you need high CP ( at 350ish CP i can deliver 178 imperial boxes, just a bit over 100mil silver with master boxes ) So you are gonna be farming CP for
    a while to actually make somethng out of this.

Bartering ... oh yes the most boring thing to be created in the universe, never done it, but had a guildy once tell me he had been in a shilp for hours just going from island to island.

Horse Training by far the best, also the only activity that makes you not play the game since you are gonna be afk all the time training horses, why even play the game in this case?

Now..Grinding.

Im still laughing btw from your earlier joke :)

lets see. I am at about 260ish ap with a kutum. Pila ku jail was decent money until its claw drop got nerfed ( its what people are telling me) but if someone is new to the game they wont be going to pila ku anyways,
    Fogans/nagas - trash loot meh, yellow drops cheap af on the marketplace and even if you were to enhance them to sell, nobody is gonna buy serap's neck. Most zones to grind when you are new are trash because on retail even if you didnt have enough ap to clear rotations fast and optimize your trash/hour you atleast got yellow drops ( not many yes but some) to compensate. Here they are 5mil..yay. must be nice to grind for an hour and learn u made less then 100mil.

Ive also gone to Manshaum forest since on retail it was ok, not bad not good but with gamez rates i thought it could be decent..yeah no..less then 25mil silver in trash per hour ( retail was like 30mil in trash per hour last time i played)

Blood wolfs are ok if you are rng carried and get alot of yellow drops ( i was rng carried onces when i got like 20 of em in a couple hours) but if you are not then its bad.
    The good zones for grinding are end game zones where pvp also happens and its fun, but getting there making shit for silver will take a metric fuck tone of time, yes its a mmo but we're also on a private server. People want to be satisfied after a couple hours of grinding, but as it is now. the only people actually enjoying grinding are the people that dont even need the damn silver anymore lol.

Improvements that could help:

IMO, a marketplace bot that could buy stuff that just doesnt sell and most people just delete, can be abused so would need some thinking about how much and when then bot would be active.
    Not herding us like sheep towards 1 activity to make silver would also be nice.

As bad as retail is, atleast you can make some money the way you want, here everything and everyone points towards grinding, even if its shit until you hit end game.

PS: NO, i dont have a good income. Thats why im laughing at you saying grinding is the best.

Best way is how the dudes with big sacks of balls do it, enhancing meta accesories to pen. Good luck with that ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2020
    desertkatze likes this.
  7. Jujuba

@S33k3R I have merged your posts, please use the edit tool to avoid double posting.

Well, I have never had any problem to sell shards, tbh it's what I do most to profit since I don't like to grind or barter.
    That's why I said it needs some investment, but pays off. And he started asking exclusively about Bartering, just after that he asked "how to make money", that said, we can figure out that he's indeed new.
    Well, you never did it but yet you think you have the knowledge to state that it's not worth. lol?
    Bartering worth, however you need to invest even more than hunting... Because it's not about the equipment but more about the ship, Carrack or a simple t2 does a huge difference to barter and ofc, you will need to craft equipments for it and get some manos for your character so it will help with navigation.

Every imperial counts, indeed training is one of the easiest. You do want to have some equipments so your horse will run faster and cover more distance in less time so you'll be leveling it faster. Let's not forget that you have to make it a corcel, changing it's skills and all that.
    In resume, gathering and grinding is the first step to new members make some money because you need low investment and it will pay what you invest, time, money...

Yeah, now Grinding... You can't expect make billions of money with a early/mid game gear, because that's where 260AP is at... So I can't even discuss it with you. I don't grind, but I do have more GS than you and I play one of the easiest classes, but yet, I don't grind. But I do know that you won't make billions on Nagas and such, but when you reach a good GS and start to grind in other areas that are real end game like Sycraya, Ash Forest, O'dyllita, then you'll see the difference.

8. S33k3R

S33k3R New Member

New people wont be grinding in those zones, the zones i talked about are the ones they will most likely go to ( once you have AP for ash/scycraya or O'dyllita you wont be asking whats the best income) . Stating that grinding is best form of income isnt correct. "Grinding at end-game zones is best income" would be better not to confuse new players.

Also never said barthering wasnt worth, its just extremely boring.

sharps.png

My shards sitting in the marketplace for 2 days now without any sells.

And its simple to see why.

Server has what.. between 1300 and 1400ish players online

Sharp shards on marketplace atm 24.950
    Hard shards on marketplace atm 18.935

When in the hell are 1400 people gonna use that many shards??? and they will just increase in numbers until the end of this retarded event.

I get that you are obligated to defend your server mate but nobody is blind or stupid.

desertkatze likes this.
  9. lumoz

lumoz Proficient

No one thats new going pila ku?
    Thats why so many new players thanked me for the tip.
    Reaching the ends of the desert aint anything anymore. Ive sent enough new players there, and they are all happy.
    Sure, income broke in a bit since as you mentioned claw prices dropped, but its still viable income for a newby.
    Also you should consider, that most pen weapons are now below 1 bil (BS not included), so its eas af to get to the 269 tresshold theese days.
    The only downside is dp, you gota invest a bit to reach at leas 290dp, then you can farm SE easily.

Also, what i explained now is reachable in under a week easily (no, im not talking about non stop grind...) :D

10. S33k3R

S33k3R New Member

Also since ur explaing, why not also explain how a new player starting from 0 can make lets see...hum 3bil in a week just for the weapons.

desertkatze likes this.
  11. lumoz

lumoz Proficient

Get oasis, go pila ku, get 3 bil. No idea why you make it so hard.
    You can easily do 200mil/hr at pila ku... 3-4 hrs a day and you have it in not even a full week...

12. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

As @Chiclete stated; Bartering is Well Worth it, but as most things in this game, you need to invest a lot of time, getting the nodes connected and the Contribution Points (CP) in order to do so. CP main income is doing Quests, and I mean a Lot of them. For New players to the game -or just to the server-, I will Still recommend that you do the Main-Story-Questline.

I couldn't agree with you more on this, GamezBD have been herding players towards Grinding because it looks as if there are more Actively online players if they do so, BUT they are also responsible for lowering the population of players that would otherwise be in abundance on our community, AND adversely affecting the Central Market by doing so. IF they were to open up the other aspects of the game, on par with the x10 Rates for Grinding, such as ALL the Life-Skills especially Trade, it would attract a lot more players to our community, AND perhaps help fix the Great lack of materials on the Central Market.

Have you considered that there are MANY players on our comminuty, who have real lives besides just playing a computer game? That MANY players have jobs and families to take care of, and would much rather have an evening in their company instead of wasting their life-time on a mere computer game, from which they gain nothing they can use in real-life?

Having 3-4 hours a day to yourself is a luxury, and you should be glad that you have this much time to yourself, but you might want to consider that you could be spending it much better though.

desertkatze likes this.