1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Be 2 Digit - that's how i get 76 ms from 200-300 ms

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Masinto, Oct 17, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masinto

Masinto Getting there

Low 3 digits isn't too bad.. I'm talking 100 to 130.
    When you start getting into the 200 to 300 range things are getting out of hand...
    I like to see pings from 70 on down, my ACTUALLY ping that i have right now it's around 55-75 in Europe.

It may be helpful for some of you to improve you're PING!

Playing on a server out of you're country it will bring you some increased PING (or, more specifically, far away from home) will dramatically decrease your ping if you're used to playing on other countries' servers. While you may have to sit in a lobby for a few minutes before you can join a game, the higher performance is worth the wait.
    Many games allow you to sort game servers by location or country. This can be helpfully but for example i don't want to move to Lumiel from personal reasons.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

Establish a direct connection through your location to the most appropriate server.

Stop the proxy
    If you use a VPN or some other from of anonymous proxy software to filter your connection, then consider turning it off prior to playing the game.

Although it’ll keep you invisible while online, a proxy or VPN is often slower than your actual connection speed.

Contact your ISP
    There’s probably very little an ISP can do to improve your ping while playing a particular game. However, you can call them up to do a line check for you to make sure that your connection to the internet is running without any signs of a problem.

It may not solve the issue of a high ping, but it’s worth a try.

Always check you have the latest client, as any patches will generally improve the connection to the game server.

2. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I'm sorry but your post doesn't make much sense.
    Unfortunately, with the current technologies you don't get below 100ms ping from EU to NA at all.
    Using some specific VPN solutions can improve your routing to the server, and therefore result in lower pings.
    You can always run a traceroute (or tracert, depending on your operating system) to see what handicaps your connection to the server. Realistically, to the NA servers, you need to physically live somewhere NA to get a good connection to the servers.
    Although issues with your ISP might be a cause of high packet loss%, higher pings or even slower download/upload speeds; it's very unlikely that your ISP can get you routed from a European country to Michigan (that's where we host the game server) so quickly.
    Also, Lumiel was recently discontinued: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/lumiel-discontinuation.204655/

3. Rahy

Rahy Proficient

Hello ,
    I play from France and my ping is around 150-250.
    If you guys have some helps, i am ready to heard.
    But i am mostly thinking to play on french server since i have difficulty to fight.
    I changed my FAI who's specified for gamer, config my connexion but not really bettter ...

4. Iraddr

Iraddr ❤Pure Heart❤

i got that ms too...both EU and in EU servers we would ping 40-50 (cry)

5. publinext

publinext Proficient

idk guys, im from Mexico and nowadays im playing with 130++ MS usually i play with 80/100 but now im kinda lag and spikes everytime, i try WTfast, BattlePing, Pinzzaper and seems to no work at all, maybe is my Internet Company im still trying to fix my conecction so back my old Ping plus i play with woc l1 makes me so slow.
    well if someone know wich server i should try with those ping reducers will be si helpful or another recomendation idk

:(

6. Rahy

Rahy Proficient

What VPN should i use ?

7. wolfik332

wolfik332 Expert

WTFast(I am not sure if it still works with aion) or any other :) . Rahy I play from slovakia andping is 150-200...

8. Rahy

Rahy Proficient

ok ty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.