1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bookshelf does not provide knowledge while offline like it does on retail

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by 4tek, Mar 28, 2018.

1. 4tek

4tek New Member

Bug Name:
    Bookshelf does not provide knowledge while offline like it does on retail
    Bug Description:
    1) Interacting with a Bookshelf (reading a book) then logging off does not reflect the proper status as "Reading a book" under the Change Character window within the offline characters' portrait. See screenshot of how it looks on retail.

2) The offline characters who were reading before logged off are not gaining knowledge and increasing the Family's energy cap - which they do on retail.

3) The durability of the bookshelf does not deplete. I suspect the reading action is cancelled when we change characters.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    I've attempted this with 12 of my characters - logged onto each character, interacted with a bookshelf, confirm the reading timer is now displayed, then I change to another character by pressing escape key, selecting disconnect, then "Change" under the character I want to switch to.

When I press escape and disconnect to see my other characters' portrait, it does not show them as "Reading a book". In addition, there are no notifications of new knowledge being gained which occurs on retail when all offline characters are reading a book.

I submitted a thread under the "Black Desert Help" "Problems" section titled "Bookshelf Not Working Properly - No knowledge Gain While Offline Like Retail"

Within that post I included a screenshot of how the portrait status is displayed on retail.

2. Pheoxin

Pheoxin New Member

Same problem. Just leaving myself here.

3. Pheoxin

Pheoxin New Member

Still nothing huh ?

4. Kris

Kris New Member

Would like to bump this problem. I know trivial is the word to describe it but if it's not going to be implemented perhaps a refund on the book shelf purchases. I bought 2 for my alts to be reading non stop while I grind/lifeskill.

5. Pheoxin

Pheoxin New Member

Pearls are free, thats not a problem. One of main and easy ways to get knowledge that should be working is not, thats a problem. WE would like it to work as it supposed to, hope we will get response one day.

6. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Fixed