1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cron meals fix and Hunting changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hotdaawwwg, Sep 15, 2020.

?

What should change?

1. Nerf Elk's HP

40.0%
  2. Don't nerf Elk's HP

40.0%
  3. Remove Oasis Cron Meal

20.0%
  4. Don't Remove Oasis cron meal

60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Hello Everyone ive already talked to kolka about this but as hes said he's not paid to think on what should be done IG so i decided to make this thread in hope for changes and seing people opinions on things.

I'd like to discuss with you a few things concerning Hunting and then after that the current state of Cooking.

So first things first there was always some anoying bug in hunting but they werent that much of an issues until the patch of August 28 were elk's had recieved an increase in their HP.

Now that and the annoying bugs on top make sniping a real struggle making it worthless and here is whats hapenning:

-Elk's have more than tenfold their previous HP you used to be able to onehsot them in the head with a practice sniper rifle not enhanced. (it's the same as on retail but it's what make it worthless now) https://i.imgur.com/obEqfY0.jpg
    -Elk's have on top of that weird head hitboxes were sometime you deal 95% of their healt or 85% (probably due to the hitbox "fix" they introduced).
    -They still have weird hitboxes when on top of a clif were the actual hitbox isnt represented by what you see (see image below)
    https://i.imgur.com/0RFR2Jn.jpg
    -Having a tiny mob like a weasel or a elk corpse in front of your line of sight between you and the elk prevent you from being able to hit them.

Now for cooking, unlike most lifeskiller who spent their time afk training horse i prefer to be active when i can and cooking is one of the few lifeskill that put bread on the table with farming and hunting.
    Since the new event and update there has been quite big change concerning cooking first with the removal of the energized cron meal (wich was the best meal to sell when simple cron meal price were low) now being in simple cron meal wich had a negative impact on the market on top of removing a significant part of cooking possibilities but thats just a minor issue.

The biggest issue is the new Oasis vendor that sells all the cron meal you need for only 1 silver(https://i.imgur.com/u6dVmOF.png) on top of that i was told that the event would last for a long time and in the meantime all the Cron meal prices have dropped to ridiculous price (https://i.imgur.com/CL2BzoU.png) wich make selling all the product needed to craft it yourself more profitable than just selling that meal in the first place after all the work required to make it. Even after the removal of those meals i think the damage it did will last for a long period of time since people had the time to stock up on those ridiculous cheap meals.

Conclusion:
    Elk's Hp should be nerfed to like it used to be before Aug 28 Patch.
    Cron meals should be removed from the Oasis Vendor.

2. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

removing cron meals from the oasis vendor so that you can have profit? kinda stupid.
    you can easily craft something else.
    as for people stockpilling the meals from oasis, just make the itens expire after the event ends, that way even if someone has 4k meals in his inventory they will be useless and they will have to buy from MP

but changing the vendor just because the prices of the items YOU sell dropped is something really weird.

3. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

"removing cron meals from the oasis vendor so that you can have profit? kinda stupid."
    If tommorrow star's end would close and people would complain about that idk how saying its stupid without a reason is gonna help.
    Explain to me exactly why is it stupid? Is it cause many people benefit from it? Cause then we might as well add Draughts and tons of other things to it and just kill a market.
    As you said i can easily craft something else, and thats what i do atm, i just dislike the fact that cooking won't be something worth doing for a while that's just it.
    (and no imperial cooking isn't worth doing it's just a scam even with 2k mastery).

When i talked about stockpilling i meant the one from the marketplace not the vendors.
    A smarter argument you could have provided would be: Why aren't you stockpilling yourself for selling them in the future?
    But thats something that require a lot more tought, risk and effort that im not willing to put in.

"but changing the vendor just because the prices of the items YOU sell dropped is something really weird."
    I don't like how you imply that this change is only for me sure a lot of people enjoy those free meal but there is already 2 given everyday for free and on top of that its killing a lifeskill i enjoy.
    if tommorrow cron stone would cost 1Silver at a vendor i would still request for a change cause thats just the stupidest thing ever and it's gonna kill the economy.

Anyway i hope you can see the bigger picture than just "i get free stuff it's their problem if they have to do something else now."

4. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Being honest, hunting is really profitable, so first we have to understand if it was nerfed or if it's a bug.
    About Oasis Event... Yeah, it has an impact, but the same happened on retail. Sure, we can see how much it affected us due to our economy and the fact that the event will last longer here, let's not forget how people manipulate the market. So... Would you rather have no event at all?

5. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Yeah hunting used to be nice as i was told its the same as on retail now i don't realy know if it was a mistake or not but now sniping is just nerve wracking, i still hunt bear but with a matchlock despite the profit
    being bad i still do it cause it's realy relaxing for those interested here is a little screenshot:
    bear hunting with matchlock at 950 Hunting mastery https://i.imgur.com/39PsY5G.png

For the second part the event is nice and even with people manipulating market having 1 lifeskill totaly destroyed in many ways like like the removal of a cron meal wich increase competitivity on the market
    and then having 1$ meal on top of your daily free meal is something that would have required more tought before being put there.
    I'm sure a lot of people are happy about it cause there is obviously less cook than anything else but is it realy a good thing?

6. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Well, it's just an event and it's not new that an event can break the market for a while. The same happens when we get accessorie events and such... We just have to wait it pass so the market can breath and raise it's price again.

Puffery likes this.