1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Devilian, maybe become a Private server under Gamez?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wraithhunter, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Wraithhunter

Wraithhunter A Sloth who loves Lore

Hello all of the community! (I apologize in advance, this is long..I guess I got carried away a bit hehe.) I know there has already been a thread about ArcheAge the great game that was destroyed by its previous caretakers lol, but there was also another great game that was under the care of those same caretakers, Devilian. Now, I know Devilian wasn't as popular like ArcheAge however, I know for a fact many enjoyed Devilian just as much. Of course cosmetics were locked behind paywalls and such, but that comes with a lot of MMO's out there. And unlike ArcheAge with Regrade charms to enhance gear, Devilian's equipment within the game was basically for free, just a long grind to obtain it.

For those who don't know, Devilian was almost like Diablo-style game with lots of dungeons, different equipment, complex story plot, 5 classes and even a bunch of different PVP arenas. Even the ability to transform into a powerful demon-like self. Now being honest, classes weren't really balanced in the game, especially that of Evoker, being a Healer and a Mage. In PVE, all 5 were balanced, but in PVP not so much lol. One being weaker then others, or one being the strongest then others. Granted, gear did factor into the balancing since there was gear sets stronger and weaker to each other, but even then still.

As said there is 5 classes, and each have 3 "trees" I guess you could call it? I am not going to go into the 3 trees, I feel that would take even longer to type out, if you are curious about it I could try linking a video, because sadly I do not remember all 5 classes separate trees. But here is just basic info on the classes to give an idea.

Evoker being Healer and Mage. Dealing massive amounts of Magic damage but also giving off heals to party members and her-self. Wielding a Staff as the main weapon and can be like crowd-control. However not the tankiest. Can also teleport to make easier travel. Awaken form deals mostly Magic attacks which some can stun enemies for a long periods of time and of course can heal party members for huge amounts of health. Great-staff being main weapon.

Berserker being the 2nd damage-dealer with duel-wielding swords, dealing physical and even certain magic attacks stunning and damaging enemies. Can tank a lot of hits, pretty straight-forward. Awaken form has a Greatsword as main weapon, dealing devastating blows to targets including stunning them. Has the most Health as I remember in Devilian form, and again can take a lot of hits better then in normal form.

Shadowhunter: Stealthy, kind of like Ninja or some of the other classes like Kuno in BDO, his main weapon is like a crescent blade actually. More like a supporting DPS class, dealing short/long-range Melee attacks as well as AOE. Very "squishy" can't take a lot of hits like Evoker. (Because Evoker can heal while Shadowhutner can't at all excluding HP potions). Awakened form having duel-wielding daggers as main weapons dealing damage and bleed damage over time. Uses a lot of "shadow" moves to teleport and stealth while in this form to targets.

Cannoneer: Being the most strongest DPS in the game, heavy-cannon being her main weapon. Dealing long-range magic attacks (aka the cannon counts as magic attack rather then physical) kind of slow, but too slow when moving. A little bit more tankier then Shadowhunter and Evoker, but not as much as Berserker. Awakened form has an arm-cannon as main weapon that of course deals magic damage to targets. Being Cannoneer at the time one of the strongest DPS classes you can imagine the amount of damage her awaken form would do lol.

Tempest: Another support DPS using a long-spear as main weapon (I don't remember the actual name of the weapon, been too long). Deals physical and magic attacks to targets, she can take some hits but not too much either. I sadly can't really say if there is anything else in particular about the class, I wasn't able to fully experience the Tempest, since all the problems Devilian was experiencing at the time kind of prevented gameplay. But her Awaken form (for when I was able to play it) wields a Great-scythe or "Death-Scythe" as main weapon, deals magic and physical damage. I think she has a teleport in the Awaken form but not 100% sure. But yea, Tempest on Devilian was a "purchase class bundle" but I think before Devilian closed the released her fully. But still.

Think of it like how in BDO when your character awakens you get a powerful awakening weapon, this was basically the same in Devilian, but not only Powerful equipment only for your awakened self but your "Devilian" as well and just like BDO's awakening, you had to get stronger once you've unlocked awakening. Now sadly on March 5th of last year Devilian closed, and as I remember for a terrible excuse that Trion Worlds of AA and Devilian stated that it was too difficult to fix the problem, which was at the time Windows 10 not letting the game launch, however instead of trying to find a solution, Trion Worlds just decided to close it.

I personally feel that they didn't even "try" to find a solution just seeing how fast they wanted to just end the game. (Which of course months later found out that the company was going Bankrupt, which makes all the sense now as to why they wanted to just shut it down rather then try to fix it, but still, it left a lot of salt and more hatred on Devilian Forums towards Trion Worlds lol.

But after reading some comments from those who posted on this forum about a possibility of Gamez creating their own version of ArcheAge if they want too, it started to make me wonder, granted, I wouldn't want Gamez to be burden with so many games to be re-created lol, but I thought, it would of been so cool to have a company like Gamez resurrect Devilian. Ever since Devilian's closer, no one has actually created a Private server of the game as far as I know. But its just a game that holds dearly to my heart, and its sad that there isn't a Private server of this..

What do you guys and gals think? Let me know! I would like to hear ye guys opinions both negative and positive on this idea.

Saphy and SessionZ like this.
  2. SessionZ

SessionZ New Member

Hey! i would be hyped too for a Devilian privat server! :) also,
    Im 100% sure a lot of ppl want to play it too ! :3

3. Wraithhunter

Wraithhunter A Sloth who loves Lore

Oh hey, a fellow Devilian player haha. Well as I said, I personally felt it was a bs reason of the company Trion to close the game..I understand it was a big problem to where no one could play it, but I was annoyed of their reasons and excuses of to why they didn't even want try to fix it. Even players of the community offered assistance, but were just ignored.

I mean, its kind of funny that I don't really get super upset or sad over a game that's shutdown, but I guess for me Devilian is different, there hasn't been many Fantasy MMO's out there (besides Diablo) that has that same style, granted Lost Ark KR/RU reminds me heavily of Devilian, the classes (or jobs) top-down camera, everything in Lost Ark is almost exactly the same like Devilian, so I am looking forward to it coming to the west/EU. But yea, other then that, there isn't many out there like Devilian. Its good to see I am not the only one who wants the game to be back haha. I'm kind of surprised there isn't a Private server of it, but as I said, if someone does it, either Gamez or another group, I will defiantly be there 100% lol.

4. rustedsoul

rustedsoul New Member

I just saw this thread and open a account for this thread.Today i realise how much i loved this game again.I spent 1643 hours on steam.I can spend another 1643+.Please make it happend.Just look at this raid :D

Saphy likes this.
  5. Saphy

Saphy New Member

The good old days, I really miss the devilian time aswell. It was really fun and I am really sad that Trion worlds was such a bad publisher for this. Another big problem I guess was that Fortnite is from the same developers and that game unfortunatly had huge success (never even touched that shit game haha). Rustedsoul you gonna play Lost Ark aswell won't you? 4.-11. November Beta, TeamRocket or Infamous revival? ;)