1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Discussion on rates

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Saltybeernut, Oct 3, 2017.

?

Drop rates

1. Same as Beta

40 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. As they are now.

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Cirilla

Cirilla New Member

Look, point is, BDO is extremely grindy and that is the reason why the rates need to be high for those who actually are not 14-15 years old kids and rather have jobs/families and lack the time to commit to a video game as a secondary full time job hence we chose this server whilst it was in beta because it offered the highest rates from all the servers available, believe me if a server came out tomorrow with 100x rates this server would be left with a population of 50 people max because at the end of the day we ARE the majority of this server and fact is YOU with your justifications for the low rates are the minority and at the end of the day you should probably move to retail if you are fine with low rates and endless grind.

/Ciri Out

2. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Here are my 2 cents on the matter:
    From a person who managed retail, I see alot of people applying the "the customer is always right" in this case. I don't understand what made those people (NOT THE ONES ON THIS THREAD) think that THEY have the "power" to open a discussion about this. This isn't their server. They could, however, suggest a change a back up their claim. And with this, I'm 100% with Lina: you either adapt or move on.

Now from my ingame experience, I don't know how people can state so clearly that rates were lowered. It's the first day. I, for one, didn't notice it much, in case that it happened.
    Here are a few things that people are completely forgetting:
    -Most run around with 1 pet and don't even pickup - This happened to 2 pt members of mine talking about this in party when they had one pet and were clearing fast. Most of the loot was going to waste.
    -Tons of under geared players don't clear mobs as fast as they think they do
    -On beta we had permanent Kamasilve's blessing.
    As an example, there was a guy ingame that swore that since server launched he didn't drop a single black stone. This is pure bullsht or he simply don't know how to play the game.

Now my personal opinion on this is that the rates are fine and that pearls are good as they are too. People should not be given everything for free. Players were too spoiled during beta and I can't understand how some expected for live to be exactly as beta... I just can't. It took months of time for retail players to achieve what we can get here in 1 week. I don't understand why people complain so much.

3. Saltybeernut

Saltybeernut New Member

To address telespapeles, I do indeed have to power to open a discussion about this as it says so in the rules and as far as I am aware I have posted this in the appropriate forum category. So here are a few issues I have with your statements of absolutes. First I do have the power, as do you and everyone else unless the management states otherwise. Secondly, this is my server as it is everyone else's who puts the time in, that also includes the staff and the community. I am getting annoyed with the community telling people that they do not have the right to complain? It is ridiculous. As the point about actual rates. I see a lack of respect towards other peoples lives is at play here, I do not intend to assume peoples lives, that being the case I will try to avoid it, though some thought must be given to those who literally cannot play retail due to RL responsibilities. I have invested time into this server and don't overlook this point as time is something none of us is getting back. Along with this, a massive gamble with that time is placed with Carl as this platform could disappear in the next 1 month and just vanish like other servers have in the past one famously BDOTO. So understandably people are annoyed, they and I have fallen in love with a game that Carl has worked tirelessly on, when something changes that does actually effect players like myself greatly we rightly complain. Then you add the community responses like "Accept or leave" it literally kills motivation from playing and somewhat pissed off when people are saying you're just spoilt, selfish, retarded. I just hope a member of the staff take a look at this and really consider those who don't have time, this is the reasoning behind me noting the fact I donate. I don't have much time to give to bug reports etc so I throw money at Carl as to do my bit for the community as not everyone donates and understandably so.

Anyways I'm back to grinding as I only have an hour tonight. Thank you, everyone, for the less friendly as well as some constructive replies.

4. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

For a person with responsibilities, you should know already that you can't have it all. You do have all the power to open a voting in a forum: it is just pointless. No member of staff told you that it was up for discussion so yes, you have no power there, and that was my point. You could, however, suggest it and get the community to back you up.

About complaining: The community has all the right to complain but it comes to no point without backup. So far the complaints were mostly from people crying about rates when they run around with 1 pet and don't pickup. Another was the bosses drops. People crying about kzarka, for example, when it literally dropped 10 boxes!

Respect for other people's lives? I'm sry, what? A server is now tailored around certain individuals personal lives? I'm sorry but... what? Also, in that regard, server is quite easy already when compared to retail.

Also, I'm not spoiled or selfish. You are the one being selfish here. You are the one wanting the server to fit your needs. You are acting as everyone on the server wants the game experience the same as you. Now that is being selfish in every sense of the word.

Now to tackle your last point: "so I throw money at Carl". You are under the impression that a donation is a paid service? It's called "donation" for a reason. I bet that Carl is more than thinking about the actual longevity of the server hence the lower rates. I've seen high rate server in a lot of games: the majority of people get bored quickly and leave leaving the casual players, such as yourself, playing alone. BDO was made for longevity and we are given a super easy life here.

So yes, I maintain my "accept it or leave". If you actually want to enjoy the server you will need to accept it as it is, adapt and progress. If not, leave, otherwise it's basically like beating a dead horse. You will never feel accomplishment and will be always complaining about something.

This huge wall of text to show you my point but don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration because I have been in the same position as you are. The difference is that I adapted to it. It's like everything in live, essentially.

Noyah likes this.
  5. Cirilla

Cirilla New Member

Wrong longevity wise bdo has nothing whatsoever to worry about as BDO is updated on retail frequently and with quite a bit of content so every bigger update you will have people coming back to try the new content as such your point of view on this matter is completely warped.

6. Saltybeernut

Saltybeernut New Member

Please re-read the entire post telespapeles, seems your ego stopped you from reading my post and understanding my points as you have gone off track and attempted to debunk a point however you missed it bud. Get it together mate.

7. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

I read it again. Has nothing to do with my ego, as this has nothing to do with ego. If you have points to make make them clear, it's as simple as that. I have answered you point by point, up to debunk them BUT I need to re read the entire post because I have gonne off track. wut? Nice comeback btw. Can't discuss more without calling people selfish and ego-monkeys and retards and now this. Cool talking with you.

So, to see if I understood correctly, you are saying that BDO has nothing to worry about in terms of longevity as it get's updated regularly? Which means, that it has longevity, therefore being built for longevity (months of gameplay)? If I understand correctly, you are agreeing with me while telling me that I'm wrong. I'm confused.

8. Antok

Antok New Member

so right now 84,2% of the votes want it back to how it was

9. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

And that is supposed to mean something? At no point, any GM said that this matter was up for discussion.

10. Antok

Antok New Member

wow you always get salty like we are saying anything to you, but you dont notice that all the people complaining dont care of what you have to say. We want admin to listen to us, so keep commenting everytime if you want

11. Saltybeernut

Saltybeernut New Member

You're right he does, the thing is he changes his tune when it comes to something that affected him. Look at the Asula drop topic

12. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Actually, unlike you crybabies, I reported it on the bug section as a bug.
    And no, changing the rates doesn't affect me at all. If they get buffed, great for me, lol. That wasn't the point of what I wrote. As I mentioned before, this isn't the way of getting things changed, you just fail to accept it.
    Lastly, learn what salty is and what salty means. That has nothing to do with being salty, but k

13. Antok

Antok New Member

well, then explains us, godlike player, what is the way to change the things?

14. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Can you stop with the "godlike player" thing? I never said or mentioned anything of the like, so stop being an ass.

If you want the staff to change something, first, discover if they would be willing to (player base needs, amount of time and work it would take) to change it.
    If yes, then you can make a SUGGESTION, with explanation and reasoning and not a cry-baby post. Most Devs don't play the game like we do so when they see a post with people crying, without context, they kinda ignore it. After that, ask the community to back you up: use ingame chat and discord.

Keep in mind that the staff are not on payroll here, lol. Also consider the time they put in dealing with hardware, community, etc, for us to play.That said, making demands doesn't get things fixed. In the end of the day, we are all people.

15. szuszak

szuszak New Member

When the beta ended i played this server for 2 days than i gave up , why would i even bother doing anything here when i can do it on retail(which i wont ,i rather not play bdo at all if that's the choice i am left with)
    The drops were on the lvl of retail (i have 60 berserker there - and i will never play it again , because i dont want to farm for couple hours to get 1-2 of them than just get them destroyed when upgrading , i will never ever do it again neither here or on retail) maybe slightly higher ,of course that's with the updated bdo that has better drop chances.
    The gear upgrades are the same IF NOT WORSE than current retail (with already upgraded chances) - sorry but again not going to deal with this garbage rates for fs.
    The life skills are exactly the same as retail - your workers are getting same number of stuff as on retail - and they stop work even when they have full stamina , and when you gather items yourself you get everything x1 - why even bother with this (and i got both skilled cooking and alch here lol what a waste of time)
    And last your coin shop - i was going to donate but than i saw how scammy the donation is set - where you can only get uneven amount that will always leave you with leftover coins - Trion , nexxon and my.com would be proud if they saw that - and 30% bonus on exp to everything on top of that for donating makes it more p2w than all the retail pearl purchases combined

After that i decided to take a look at ogre server - they basically went with similar ideology of low rates trying to imitate retail - when i first logged i was pleasantly surprised - you get all character slots at the start , the mobs seemed to work slightly better .After couple minutes of killing mobs i saw harpie boss spawn , so i decided to check it out - i found SINGLE witch trying to kill karanda - from what i gathered the ACTIVE population on that server is around 10+ ppl - LOL -the rates for life skill were basically the same as here - claiming to be x5 but than giving you same number of stuff from workers/gathering as retail - so i uninstalled.

This server is going to end up exactly like ogre if you wont realize one simple truth. You can buy retail copy of bdo on steam for 6$ on sale , sure that doesn't include extra weight/inv/costumes etc , but if you already know what you are doing you can get enough silver from life skills in a week or two to actually buy all stuff from market.
    Bdo private servers cater to certain % of the population that is tired of the grind , tired of fail stacks in 100s , tired of losing your 20th mark on the tri(or getting it downgraded if orbed) they want high rates where all they need to focus on is combat or crafting with high rates that make it fun , so you can just go to witches get 15 earrings in 2 hours and smash them together with decent chance to get upgrades.
    You need to realize who the ppl that play on your server are ,and why are they here(just look at the votes in this thread alone and not at the discussion itself).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  16. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Rates are fine. Bugs are being worked on constantly. The devs do not do this as their main thing. They have jobs they also need to attend to and do this in their free time. Gamez doesnt have 50 devs to work on things. There are less than 10 people involved in fixing things. They are doing what they can.

17. Lina

Lina New Member

What on earth are you talking about? lol
    I see people with TET already, this is happening just one week after release.
    If you can't accept that Beta is over and can't adapt to a fresh start, then I agree with you to better move on.
    Take care and have fun szuszak (peace)