1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Error Code: 14001 on Launch

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Eloh1m, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eloh1m

Eloh1m New Member

Okay,
    so after quiet a while I decided to start playing Aion again. Downloaded the game via the Launcher from NCSOFT, started the game once and got to the log-in screen with no probs.
    DL the GamezLauncher, installed it into the \Aion path and ran it. Showed me a few seconds of install-download then it was ready to go.
    I hit the start button and it started loading the first screen, the one where you still see most of your desktop. Right after it that, before it showed me the NCSOFT Logo I heard this windows-error sound and it froze. Alt-tab to the error-message containing mainly:
    CryEngine Error
    Critical Error: Error loading DLL: Game.dll
    Error Code: 14001

My Specs:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

If you need more info on my system, just ask& I'll copy&paste the whole DxDiag file.

Regards,

Edit1 - I tried removing all GamezAion files from the Aion directory, repairing aion and reinstalling the Gamez Launcher - no effect.
    Edit 2 and Bump - I already had the special items.pak
    Edit 3 - I installed all kinds of C++ redist packages and made it to character selection.

NEW ERROR: When I hit "play" it shows me the loading screen for the usual time, then the "Aion-Online" banner for a sec, then it just closes without an error message. Help again please?

FINALLY I got this ting working. After much trial and error and repairing this thing a bazillion times, it works. Idk how but it does^^

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.