1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBD in-game Moderators?

Discussion in 'Contact Us' started by loboram, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello I am a relatively new player to this community and I am extremely happy about your projects especially GamezBD where I am trying my best to be a productive and helpful part of the community.
    Unfortuantely I ask this question because I have already experienced Server Rule breaking behavior on the Server Chat channel in GamezBD server #2, I was really hoping that since this is a private server and these quotes are part of the rule set:
    "While playing GamezAion you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass or threaten other players." (I believe this is a rule that applies to all GamezXX servers)
    "You may not organize nor be a member of any pledges or groups within Gamez that are based on or encourage any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate mongering philosophies." (a rule that should be enforced as spoiled brats all too often get to say such things and get away with it)
    I have always in the past "muted"/"blocked" World/Server chat channels due to the seriously wrong kind of behavior not being dealt with in pretty much all games on the market nowadays and I think it is because since people are paying for a service they get a lot more leeway due to the capitalistic ideology that rules most industries. However since this is a Private Server and the staff have made it a point to make two rules governing this sort of behavior and problems that arise form having to deal with humans online I think that the least you could do would be to have an online Moderator team with absolute guidelines where the limit for "jokes and farting around" go on this otherwise wonderful community and site.
    I was actually surprised when I found out that there were no Roleplaying Chat channel in GamezBD nor a World Chat cross-servers-channel which is how to deal with some of the harassment otherwise experienced in the Server Chat channel since (I can only assume) the Server Chat channel is isolated and it is therefore easier to hide your bad online behavior in general.
    I grew up in the late 70's and through the 80's so I have had enough of ignorant-intolerant-sexist-homophobic-nationalistic-disabledphobia and general spoiled brat attitude which has corroded the online behavior of game players worldwide, the weird thing is that games were invented to learn, be sociable, and mainly to have fun so it is so extreme to me that people are still able to act as some do while online due to the lack of instant consequences.
    I am not proposing a complete "word-nazi" policy but the fact that there are no in-game Moderators to step in and put an immediate stop to the people who want to behave in a poluting-game-experience-for-others way will eventually lead to the trend just spreading further and further until almost all chat on the GamezXX site is filled with abusive attitudes.
    So please I beseech you Staff of GamezXX take this post as a warning if nothing else is done things will degrade and new players will leave due to the lack of enforcement of the very server rules they want upheld, repect others and let people play their game as they see fit without having to be mean towards them or harass them because you do not like it (all within the given server rules of conduct).
    If you are looking for in-game Mods then I would very much like to throw my name into the hat but I am an oldschool Roleplayer and as such I will try to take special care of Roleplaying players giving them the space and opportunity to play a game they can fall in love with as well as enjoy free from prejudice and persecution.
    Hope you are all doing well and not too overburdened by your work on this site, rememeber to have some quality time in the Real-World with loved ones by your side GamezXX Staffmembers, so have a great day and hope to hear from you soon :)

2. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

We can't ban/mute every player that uses toxic language. If there is real racism going on, then we can ban. For general toxicity, the block function is what is recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.