1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Guild Items - permission

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ShadoweCZ, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ShadoweCZ

ShadoweCZ Loner by choice

Hello,
    im here with suggestion to create feature thats mising in the game and people (both here and in retail) complain about it ...

Problem:
    regular guild members are able to STEAL guild items
    so if someone gets upset, he just takes all items and delete them/leaves
    if you have a hostile guild, they can get some random guy to join inside your guild and he can sabotage your items
    ret***ed members of guild sell items that are needed for crafting because of "reasons"

Solution:
    make withdrawal of guild items only possible to officers/GM/Quatemasters

also it would be nice to have some way to increase the guild storage capacity, so maybe changing the guild passives to give more slots ?

loboram likes this.
  2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I'm not here to teach you how to lead, but... A simple process of recruitment should filter those malicious players. And you get to know a little of your crew.

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

While I completely agree with you that taking the time to get to know your guildmembers is indeed important, you are forgetting how easily players change guilds and their minds about what they want or are interested in.
    So while your suggestion makes sense it is not a useful thing to do in this game, since it would then take several days to investigate the person that just wants to join a guild in a computer game, removing the fun and ease of what gaming is. ALSO anyone can act all nice and as someone else for as long as they have to in Real-Life so how would it be any harder to do that in a game where you cannot see a persons facial-expressions or body-language?

So all in all it is not really a useful suggestion at all, I fully agree with the Original Post, there SHOULD be a way to stop this abuse instantly. It is unthinkable to me that this was a thing...but then again when it comes to humans I am never really surprised at their horrifying behavior in general.

4. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Look, there are a few items that regular members can withdraw from guild's stash. However, I don't think important itens like afuaru map, old moon seals etc should be left there. The leader should always keep it with yourself. Guild stash should only be used to trade ocean itens and for those SMH players deliver their incoming.

5. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

@Jujuba that is your opinion and is valid as such. BUT this thread is about making it game-core-coded impossible to frag with a guild, which it REALLY should have been since day one. It shouldn't be that a guild stash shouldn't be used at all, simply because it is of absolutely NO use to the guild at all if ANYone can take things out of it.
    You can agree with the Original Post or you can disagree with it, I just happen to think that guild-storage is completely useless without the restrictions the Original Post suggests, and you do not.

6. ShadoweCZ

ShadoweCZ Loner by choice

To the whole "know your people" and "propper recruitment"

im new GM to ouer guild, im trying to manage EU (EN speaking) PVE/PVX guild, its extreamly hard to find anyone willing to join guild and if,
    those are usualy new players that only want the guild buffs

because we are mainly PvE/have fun guild, how im suposed to properly recruit people ? its not like in PvP guild where you need to do duels
    and show gear and have gearscore and such ****, i dont care about those, i just want active ppl that want to participate in guild quests,
    grind, have conversations about the game etc ... and if the ONLY ppl replying are newbies, how im suposed to screen them to know if
    they wil lstay with the game and with the guild ???

AND iits not only about getting the right people ....
    when ouer GM went silent some ppl got upset and while leaving just taken as many guild items and just deleted them to HURT the whole guild
    just because inactive GM (inactive as loging in but not playing/communicating, so the 15 days to takever was not avalibe for months)...

the idea of NOT USING GUILD STORAGE TO STORE GUILD ITEMS is bullshit in my opinion, then why guild storage exists in the 1st place ??
    and BTW i dont want to just delete 15 inventory slots just because i have a guild, that kind of kills my efficiency when grinding etc, and im not
    even speaking about LT usage (we were building the blue upgrades for galley because it was fun and good guild goal)
    RL devs (retail or here) should at least try to fix this, because its a real problem and hiding items in personal storage out of fear is not a valid
    solution.

loboram likes this.