1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Its been a while

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OsirisWasHere, Jul 20, 2018.

1. OsirisWasHere

OsirisWasHere New Member

Its been a while since I've been apart of any private server, and over 8 years since i retired from co administrating Gamer District for World of Warcraft, so i'm very familiar with Private servers, how the staffs work, and generally how the communities usually work. and since i quit back then, I've been playing the retail versions of wow, and am currently in the retail version of black desert.

and more recently, i just found out there are private servers for black desert, and the thing i'm extra curious about, is why? i'd actually like to know more, lol.
    Back in the day (which was a tuesday, according to Dane Cook) most people played on private servers for a multitude of reasons. usually, because they were banned off retail, or didnt want to pay the monthly subs, or because their friends played on them. but unless the rates are just way higher in general than the retail version of the game, i think i'm missing the appeal.

of course, i've also done the most minimal amount of research on this tonight, lol, so if that annoys anyone, sorry.

if anyone can enlighten me, be it through a pm, or a reply hopefully tonight in this thread, that'd be great. that'd be awsome.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018