1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Major Update - Stability and Mechanics

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Alente, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

just a correction, infinite has 2 servers, 1 is retail rates, other is boosted every 10 lvls so its 2x, 5x, 10x, 15x, 20x, but yeah still kinda low :p never laggs though coz they at least have decent hardware (carl will never upgrade >.>)

2. Killz

Killz Proficient

it isnt carl's fault..he tries and upgrades the server but at the same time u guys dont notice that there are 10-50 new people daily joining the server..as far as i know carl is not rich..and he is not sleeping 24/7..u guys say that because when he is sleeping u guys are awake and when u guys are sleeping he is awake....most people that say that carl is always sleeping live on the other side of the world and they dont realize that we dont live in the same time zone..hate to break it to u guys but this is how the world is.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. ThuyDez

ThuyDez Getting there

:pouty:Donations donations donations donations donations donations donation donations donations...did i mention donations?

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Getting there

Hmmm...Damn he is not rich? so many donators every day!!!how can you say carl is not rich he is becoming rich...

5. Killz

Killz Proficient

carl has upgraded his hardware 3 times already since i've been here.
    ill just say this..go try to make your own private server.

if u guys dont like it just leave..the more that leave the less lag we will have..and the server wont die because after some people leave there wont be alot of lag..and thats exactly why people are complaining.

1 person likes this.
  6. TheFallen

TheFallen Getting there

Sorry i wont cause i love gamez!!! ahahaha

7. Asmodaus

Asmodaus Proficient

you do know running a private server, can cost quiet a bit to keep it online right? depending what the psecs are, and everything else, some of them do not come cheap. Plus like the other poster said, ppl keep joining the game, so its putting more stress on the server, so it does crash, and also carl doesnt live in the same time zone as everyone, so some ppl are unlucky, and when it crashes they have to wait hours, and others only 1 hour or less. Its something called real life, sometimes it deals you shit card,s but all you can do is accept it. Cant change that life isnt fair.

And for all you know, maybe carl is looking to get an upgrade, but some servers you have to have been running for a certain period of time before upgrading, and the same goes for between upgrades, some places do tel lyou to wait x number of days/months before an upgrade can be or will be done

8. ThuyDez

ThuyDez Getting there

AFAIK we keep getting updates alot nowadays, but it's just adding to the lag and bugs

9. Smartik1

heres a question, could some1 post the hardware this server runs on? if people see that (and if u post it whenever carl upgrades to show progress instead of "carl is sleeping again" comments) people might be motivated to donate more, coz they can see what the server needs and where their money is going

10. Killz

Killz Proficient

i think this was the last one:

• Dual Quad Xeon - 16 Cores
    • 32GB RAM
    • 10,000GB Bandwidth
    where i got it from?
    here:http://forum.gameznetwork.com/showthread.php?t=10438

11. Smartik1

sorry :p and thx, yeah it doesnt look so bad tbh, any1 have a clue as to how many people u have online at 1 time? like a daily average)

12. Killz

Killz Proficient

hmm i think 2k+

13. Smartik1

hmm any chance u could check the cpu usage or free RAM when u have lots of people on? kinda to find out what the server needs next. i know u mentioned memory leaks, i found a nice app called Smart RAM that frees wasted RAM for u, could help prevent all the RAM from getting used up and possible crashes

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

i know when the server was down and i tried to login, every time i closed the game and tried again the ram didnt get freed up xD i checked after 3 logins and all that crap stacked as used ram :p dont have ram issues anymore

14. Killz

Killz Proficient

the problem is that this game is aion..because on other games like cabal,l2,rf etc..with 30gb of ram u can smoothly run servers with 5k people+..but since aion seems to be a bad ass game it requires more "LOVE" lol

15. Smartik1

did i mention the app has ram compression? xD btw isnt ram quite cheap these days? could shove in another 16gb stick if u have a slot for it ^^

16. Killz

Killz Proficient

u cant have alot of ram and leave the processor behind..they have to "love" each other^^.

17. Smartik1

yeah thats why i asked for processor usage xD u could make a thread saying this is what we need and list things, people might donate cash for that or just send u the hardware :p (i know some people like that)

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

btw a random question but....whos kikyo? o_O i know the other naruto chars xD

18. Killz

Killz Proficient

rich people do.
    anyways its fking 6:30 am and i havent sleep..im out, im almost gonna pass out.

she is from inuyasha anime..she is an archer and the main girl character on inuyasha.

19. Smartik1

oh sorry xD good night ^^

20. chin

chin haters be hatin'

how long til the server is up? :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.