1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Moderators

Discussion in 'Contact Us' started by loboram, Nov 8, 2019.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

It can no longer be ignored to outright damnation of GamezBD in particular, not sure how things are going on AION. The amount of server chat toxicity has surpassed what I thought possible, and I have a -somewhat- complete transcript of an exchange on the server-chat on GamezBD-EU, which will absolutely show exactly what is going on and how awfully it is affecting EVERYONE who has the server-chat active while trying to enjoy a computer game.

This is no longer a matter of my "sensitivity" but it is damaging the entire community, because if that is allowed on the server-chat then there is really nothing barred from being poured out against each other, as hateful and bullying as possible on GamezBD.

We NEED in-game moderators; it should not be THAT difficult to give a few players the ability to MUTE players in-game when they surpass the server-rules in toxicity. ALL moderations MUST have a record showing why the player was muted, that way the "power abuse" of the moderators is kept to the minimum. Also that is ALL the moderators can do, MUTE for a certain amount of time depeding on severity and number of warnings.

I IMPLORE YOU! GamezBD PLEASE! Listen to me, this is the best way to combat toxicity and bullying as well as keep the population of GamezBD growing instead of bleeding out new players who for the first time look at the server-chat to find it in complete shambles, and with enough toxicity to make most players just leave. They join this server is the hopes that it is NOT like "retail-BDO" in that respect, but are met with harsh language and insults filling up the entire server-chat, of course they are not going to stay here then.

Kirnick likes this.
  2. Kirnick

Kirnick ❤℘℧ℛℇ J☯✓3❤ Forum Legend

No mod, just staff presence to punish ppl who still continue with their bad behavior after they've been warned. That's a fact and a topic already discussed about Aion as well.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    loboram likes this.
  3. loboram

Problem is being online all the time, not something the few staff members should be subjected to, so making loyal players into moderators is a good way to get some oversight on the problem while allowing everyone to still have a personal life.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

Every race here in Aion has it's own damnation, including bullying.

5. Kirnick

2-3 officers can't monitorize a whole city properly (surely you will get the point). Giving some power to "loyal" = "willing to help" person in order to calm down the boiled heads is like training them in the officer carrer...and IMO once you are engaged, you have the must to do your job aside you have a private life as somebody else has. If things are supposed to work like they have been working for the last few years (talking about Aion, but i'm quite sure has been the same for BDO) where in order to punish a person who did something wrong, it was/is the player who had-to/must take the proofs (100% clear/evident and here we talk about the whole THREAD camp otherwise most of the times it will be just rejected) and report to the officers (who may get long to check) while that person continued/s to disturb other people (talking about everything in general as hacking, abusing bugs, harassing, etc). Not mentioning lots of people just ignore those situations because they don't want to waste their time and patience (which can be few hours because they logged after a long stressful working day) in reporting a dumb player. It should be the right staff members' task to do such things (in big part and obviously with the help of normal players' reports too) as it was for years ago.
    Obviously you can't blame a staff member for choosing private life over "working" (hoping is for good valid reasons and not just because they are careless of the trash things may happen or just because they have something better to do) but "you" should blame the whole system or simply the fact there aren't enough "officers". Dumb people will always exist, nothing to do about that...
    I'm sure you've heared/seen cases of people who signed their ticket/pass to work and then they left it to do something else (without informing) and i'm sure you know what the consequences have been, instead of asking for the permission to be absent for a while and then your colleague should know he/she has to replace you for that period of time. So how this way is supposed to work if there are no colleagues? Or even worse, in case there are no enough officers, is it right the only (1 or even 2 "for god miracle") available have to work double in order to obtain satisfactory results? Most of the times, this would obiously lead to expire that person patience until he/she becames careless as well...can't even blame him/her/them in this case.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    loboram and Snowinkle like this.
  6. loboram

@Kirnick I get it...I really do, but you have to remember that this is a Private server, not a well esteblished workplace for permanent employment.

The limited Staff -more importantly- the stress and responsibility these people have to take upon their shoulders is immense, there are no one they can turn to if they are having problems other than the one or two Top people who own the actual rights and server. So not much room for customer service if you know what I mean, they have enough on their plate with living their lives as well as this project.

I mean none of us know what they do during their days, if they study and work, or work as well as have a family with kids and so on...So for us to assume anything about how they are handling their "jobs" in this project is mere speculation at best.

I would always excuse their lack of "job"-performance for the facts of real-life, life just gets in the way sometimes, nothing can be done about that, so it is not actually the staff's fault that there are stupid-arsehole-pricks online who actually get-off on harming other people for no reason at all.

But ALL I wanted to do was make their customer-service part easier on them :)
    It would not be that difficult (I think) to make some players -the most loyal and kind ones- into moderators who can ONLY mute players in-game. Making sure that they keep a record (screenshots) of why they did as they did, so for first offense they would warn the player, then they would say last warning, and after that 15 minutes mute of all chat in-game. Then if they continue after that even when the moderator warns again, then 30 minutes mute, if it still doesn't work then 1 hour mute. After that it should be like 3 hours, or 6 hours until it finally becomes 12 hours mute, THEN it is time for an actual report for the staff to make a decision about a temporary ban.

How does that sound?

7. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

IMO, they don't wanna any help... And it's sad. Once I tried to help them with a new design for their patcher and I got nothing. Kolka liked it but that's all. Im always trying to help new players from Brazil, but this is not my function and I already do this leading a guild. But I feel sad everytime a new player come with a lot of questions, often questions about erros with patcher and such, and we can't help other than tag Kolka. Lareldal e Noyah seems to be only in EN chat on Telegram, wich is wrong.
    I think Carl decides who joins their staff but we never see him around... And the staff applications in forum is full of dead players that one day wanted to help. To be honest, it shouldn't be like this. Public. Should be like the report section.
    Retail launched a title in-game given for those who always helping others, they could use it here and create a simple team of supporters with no power, but again nothing is happening... Im tired of seeing new players quit just because we don't have a simple support.
    Sure, we will always have Lareldal, Noyah and Kolka, but it's not enough... And it's rlly hard to contact them. In a server like gamez that is played by the whole world, we should at least have a supporter for each language.
    edit: coming back to say that I didn't mentioned the fact that, sometimes, it's hard to understand Kolka. xD
    JOOOKE! Люблю тебя

loboram likes this.
  8. Kirnick

I've been here for 10 years, seen how things went day by day (have been absent only for 1 year and half but staff was almost the same aside for few new trainees) and i confirm what i stated without a way to change my idea. Won't say more but I can assure you i know stuffs (and if you will notice, by what I said, I don't agree with you at all although we both got 1 or 2 same points)...my BEST advice is just let it go until they will change things and refrain from trusting here.
    Welcome to Gamez! Should have a night digging in old threads with similar topics, you're not the first one bring in them*.

loboram likes this.
  9. loboram

Just wanted to thank you for your input and experience added to this post...I forgot that you can be quite nice and helpful :D

So thanks for this, I do agree with you about this, and I am sorry to hear @Kirnick that your experience has been so terrible so far, me personally I have not had That high hopes since it is not in my hands at all, I am just one player among a few thousand others, also not part of the staff or development team. So all in all I will suggest things and ask questions, but I do not Really expect an answer, much less a truly honest answer for that matter...learned LONG time ago that humans lie pretty much all the time, even when they do not have to and even when doing so makes things much worse :p

10. Kirnick

Not only mine, it seems...haven't read nice things about both servers for LONG time aside some silly/baseless/untrue comments from "dogs" ( :wtf: )
    https://giphy.com/gifs/o5HKScC1PflLO/fullscreen
    Then keep your eyes open, mind full of thoughts, active and follow your common (6th) sense and heart...https://giphy.com/gifs/rip-alan-rickman-perselus-piton-11xGIOJ4ffe9vW/fullscreen

11. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Let me say something... English isn't my first language (you can tell right?). Although it seems that I speak fluently, I always have to double check if nothing is wrong because it's hard enough to make ppl interpret correctly what you write in your own language, imagine in other languages? You have to double check every sentence to see if you're making yourself clear enough, and because of that doesn't rest much time/space to make the words more kind or polited, you know? So I think that's why you always get this toxic vibe from me. But it's not my intention... Portuguese is one of the hardest languages, we have tones of rules etc. So I always get myself overthinking on how to translate something so I won't seem to be anger or hurtful or whatever. It's not my intention to hurt or troll anyone.

That said, I'm not gonna lie, sometimes it seems that you don't even try to get the information that you need... Most of your questions wouldn't exist if you had googled it. The question about Shai is something to remember... If you had read the patch notes, or just tried to mount with her, you would know.
    But at the end of the day, I know you want a better private server, just like everyone else. And I would never complain about ppl creating content on this forum, no matter what. lol

And speaking about what I said above..:
    [​IMG]

loboram likes this.
  12. Kirnick

That's right...nobody could ever blame a person on that. I think there is no sense to feel offended/attacked by such comments and I don't even think that were his intentions. In case i'm wrong...well, i'm out (wave)