1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Need your advice - best/strong pvp class

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Anaconda007, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anaconda007

Anaconda007 New Member

Hey guys,

i am completly new to Aion, but i played another MMORPG for 3 years called Lineage2.

I need your advice in creating 1 best or very good pvp class (Asmodian).

So the most important thing is, i can only create 2 characters, no more and i don`t have the game yet, i have to wait a few days, so i can not test something out.

First Character: Sorceror, that`s my wish

Second Character: ???

I know it depens on so many factors and i`ve heard you can be good with every class in pvp, that it depens on your own playstyle.

So here are some informations:

My Playstyle:

- I am not good in multitasking, i like to focus myself on 1 enemy and have full control about my actions
    - I have much patience in getting gears money and all that stuff, so this is absolutly no problem
    - Weaponwise i love swords and bows more than any other weapons
    - I play only 1 or two characters, but i love to spend much time to know those characters wery vell , i also speak very often about those the 2 classes i play, i love to "perfect" them
    - When i think about a pvp class, i think it "endgame" wise, i don`t need a good character in the beginning ,but i need a very good class in the endgame at pvp.
    - Playing for fun is good and all, but i know myself and i am not satisfied with just playing for fun, i am also very thirsty for maximum power and all that shi*t , so i am heading to be very good at that game too
    - I am also a teamplayer, i work for a certain goal with other people and don`t mess around, but when it comes to my role, i think i would prefer making damage more than healing and buffing
    - making very very high damage is my priority

When i looked at the classes ( i just spend 3 times now on forums and youtube ,watching countless videos) i would go for (my personal interest):

Warriorclass: I would rather take Gladiator than Tank
    Scoutclass: Absolutly not sure, on lineage2 i played an Archer and killed many people with it, it was fun ,especially due to the "Crit Rate", but when i look at the Assassin and seeing those two handed dual swords on him it just...makes me want to play it too
    Mageclass: Like i said, i will take a Sorceror no matter what, i saw videos about the spiritmaster and many informations, i`ve heard its a very beast pvp class, i love his kind of "Necromancer" role with all those Debuffing skills...man this is awesome ,but i also saw that it requires multitasking right? So i think i would fail using this class probably...
    Priest: Sorry no interest lol

Hmm i was like: "when i have a mageclass, i should also get a fighterclass, not only for some change in playstyle and for pvp..but also for PVE (raid bosses ,things like that)

Regarding all those informations, what would you guys suggest?

Thanks and best regards!

2. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

3. Anaconda007

Anaconda007 New Member

Thank you very much ,but i have seen a lot of informations like this, i would like to hear also gamer experiences, sorry my apologies.

4. Potato

Potato Banned

if you really like sm then go for it , sm's isn't that hard to use just a little debuff and then fear then root root and boom .

5. YhiPhil

YhiPhil Getting there

well gamezaion atm is zergy so if you wanna do ALOT of kills and get more "AP" << points u earn per kill of the opposite race, i suggest you go for a ranger in scout class, and for the glad, getting the best ARMOR and stuffs for a glad is a +, and i also recommend to get the game first before deciding what class you go for, because a gladiator requires a better ping, so you can "perfect" it just like you said there.. and for the sorc class, the most easy combo for it is = sleep + delayed blast + big magma/i dont know the asmo skill of it + either u got supah fast ping and casting & attack speed you can use either nuke(glacial/flame spray/storm strike) or disable (aetherhold/thunder bolt/) + silence(soul freeze)

P.S i'm not a very good player but i know some basics =p

6. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Assassin .

1 person likes this.
  7. Anaconda007

Anaconda007 New Member

Thank you guys very very much, your opinion is important to me. I forgot about the "Ping" part. I have a new good computer, so i think ,i am ok with this. Thanks for letting me know.

Alright, besides the Sorceror class i have to choose between the following classes:

- Spirit Master
    - Gladiator
    - Assassin
    - Ranger

Damn the decision is so hard. For me the 1 VS 1 PVP Part is the most important thing. So this makes me want to ask some questions:

I have a few questions:

1) What are the most used pvp weapons for the Gladiator and for the Assassin? I mean, if you see very good/elite gladiators and assassins at level 60 ,what weapon they are going for?

I am asking this because on a lot of youtube videos i saw gladiators using some Pole Arm? man this is so ugly, but the Assassins on the other side
    are using Dual Daggers and Dual Swords right? Looks ****ing badass. For me, fighting with your favourite kind of weapon is important too. Thats why i`m asking.

2) When it comes to ping and fighting style: I have heard that the Assassin needs a strong ping and requires much know how, strategy to be beastly, is that correct? I have heard ,if you don`t have good ping the assassin is the most useless class, is that right?

3) From all those 4 classes i listed, which one would you rank 1 when it comes to 1 VS 1 generally?

4) When you play as a ranger, can you run so fast, that your opponent can`t catch you? Imagine fighting against a Gladiator, i would shoot > run away > shoot , but since i don`t know the game, i am asking you guys, if you can just run so fast that nobody catches you besides the Assassin?

My heart is struggling between Gladiator and Assassin, but Spirit Master and Ranger is also very good. Since i already decided myself for a mage class, i think i should ignore Spirit Master. I never liked beeing a summoner class, and we will probably also see a lot of fixes and changes in the classes in the future, so i should follow my heart rather than taking spirit master because its very strong (for now).

So yeah. I think the battle goes between:

- Gladiator
    - Assassin
    - Ranger

Please convince me regarding my interests, this is so important to me and i am looking very forward to your experiences!

8. Cerial

Cerial Game Over

gladiator for the win (ftw)

9. Guga

Guga Master Member Forum Legend

Cleric ^_^

10. Stephen

Stephen I always chill bruh

sorcerer, beast on pvp when you handle it well

11. Oyasumi

Oyasumi Coғғee-Lσѵเɳɠ Elιтιѕт Wнore

1.)
    >Gladdys -
    DDL Spear/GS (best extendo atm) + HAC/AC fuse
    or
    HAC Spear/GS + Tiamat Guard's fuse

>for Sins
    HAC Sword and Dagger ofc

2. no, ALL CLASSES NEEDS A GOOD PING :)
    and yes you are correct, a sin who knows what to do in every given situation will always get a kill.

3. #1 in 1v1, Spiritmaster T__T

4. yes you can, Mau form + speed of the wind + tactical retreat.

for me you should probably try all those 3 classes if you want to know which one really suits your playstyle :)

12. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Gladiator is stronger in 1vs1 situations but it is hard to find 1vs1 as a gladiator or as any class as a matter of fact, you ll most likely get ganked by 10 people anywhere you go.

When i want to solo pvp i login my assassin and go to inggison, a good assassin with low ping can rape anyone as long as he has the advantage of surprise. A good computer doesnt necessarily mean good ping as well, if your ping is 20-200 then you should be able to play assassin just fine, if its any higher than that then dont eve think of playing a melee toon and go for a caster.

Best gladiator weapons are the extendable DDL polearm and greatsword, i personally am a greatsword user though you will see a lot of gladiators with polearm, each person with his own playstyle.

The best combinations for assassins are
    1: Hac dagger + Hac sword
    2: Extendable Dagger + Hac sword

Rangers are a powerful class but it is ridiculously hard to take down gladiators/chanters/templars with it, id stay away from ranger if i were you. Also it is not really a good solo class since your defense is very low and in gamezaion you wont find 1vs1 fights unless you are an assassin, expect to die a lot with ranger.

my 2 -$

1 person likes this.
  13. Guga

Guga Master Member Forum Legend

Clerics too ;D

14. Anaconda007

Anaconda007 New Member

All your opinions are so great, they help me with my decision.

I had 6 classes to choose, now thanks to you i only have to choose between Gladiator or Assassin, so you see all your effort ( in sharing your game experience here, in taking time to post here) is worth it. ;)

Ok now i have to decide between those two.... in pvp even if it would be like 5 vs 5 , i would focus myself on 1 enemy i think.

So what do you think is stronger in 1 vs 1 (maxed gear, maxed level, high skilled player), who you think would go beast mode in a 1 vs 1 pvp situation, Gladiator or Assassin (of course both at the same level, both top gear and stuff) ?

Badrobot said Gladiator is stronger in 1 vs 1 but i also want to hear more opinions and you can also tell me why it is stronger than the other class.

Because i hear so many different things like: Assassin is stronger than gladiator in the endgame, but only if you master this class well.

In a fight between a master assassin and a master gladiator , the assassin would win, thats what i heard.

I also heard that the assassin does more damage then the gladiator (but dies quicker) is that true?

Thats what i imagine playing as a Gladiator and a Assassin:

Gladiator (what i think it will be like playing him):

Playing with a nice Greatsword would be fun, and i also love Plate Armors more than leather or robe. But i think the time will come where i have
    to switch to the ugly pole arms because i will face the truth that i am not as good in pvp with the greatsword, then i will probably don`t like playing him that much. And i have heard that a gladiator fights mainly with AoE skills, but hey i would prefer playing 1 vs 1 ,do i realy have to go AoE? Is AoE very strong and useful at all?

Assassin (what i think it will be like playing him):
    Whenever i see a group of Elyos and i know i am outnumbered , i can go stealth mode and get the hell out of the fight.
    When i go grinding with some friends and see some guys who are running towards us (maybe to attack us) i can go stealth mode and kill the healers and buffers in 1 vs 1 while my other teammates fight against the other guys.

But..who is the better killer in 1 vs 1 pvp?

Assassins, Gladiators...convince me please! ;)

15. SYNKRO

SYNKRO Old Member

Gladiator:
    If you like spamming AoE's then go with this class. Using polearm or greatsword is definitely up to you. Although, Male Gladiators have faster animations with greatsword and Female Gladiators with spear. Greatsword has high accuracy but low crit. Poelarm has high crit but low accuracy. But, if you've reached cap attack speed, then go for polearm. Extra damage. AoE's are great when fighting multiple people at once or spamming them in the middle of a zerg. And yes, AoE's are pretty useful imo.

Assassins:
    Meh, don't really know much about em. Although they do deal ultra high damage instantly. They're also very squishy, not as squishy as a ranger tbh.
    But it all makes up for the high burst damage. :3

Both classes must be played with low ping.
    Who's the better killer in 1v1?
    Definitely Assassin(If you're well geared with low ping) imo.
    But since the majority of people here on Gamez zerg, then I'd go for gladiator. AoE spamming ftw.

Well, it's your choice anyways.

16. vesiinabox

vesiinabox Death be chillin bitches. Forum Legend

The best class 1 v 1 is definitely Spiritmaster hands down. Assasins can be good for the whole cloak and dagger but when it becomes more than one person they like to fall apart (most of them). If you can get good on Sm you can usually kill 1-3 people groups pretty easily. You can also tank insane amounts of damage when you have spirit substitution (around 120k when done properly). Other than that I also enjoy solo as a templar they can take on many opponents and can out-tank almost any class only problem is sm kinda rapes them if they know what they are doing. SM isn't really about multitasking at all cus Im probably the least multitasking person I know and I play Sm lol. My Sm guide is in my siggy if your interested. Also if your on siel asmo side i can show you around personally if I have he time :3.

17. Whitefalcon

Whitefalcon Proficient

Assassin: hit one target really fast and really hard. However, the longer that target stays alive the harder they will be to kill. Assassins don't have the burst of sorcs or rangers, but they attach much faster and are typically viewed as the highest sustained dps class in the game. Sounds like you really enjoy focusing on one target, and this is exactly what an assassin does - and well. Assassins have MUCH lower defense than glads though. Also, sins are one of the hardest classes to play well. They will take more practice, and you will die much easier when things go bad (and they will from time to time). Most assassin buffs focus on raising your damage (damage, attack speed, accuracy, magical accuracy, etc.). Probably the best solo class.
    Glad: strong on the front line of a team. AoE class in Aion. Very difficult to kill, and can seem nearly invincible if you have a good healer (and aren't outnumbered 5 to 1). Self buffs are a mix of offensive and defensive. Great in groups, great against groups.

Both classes are very gear dependent (compared to a SM which isn't as much). The other advantage of SM for you would be you could use the same armor as your sorc.

Whatever you choose: welcome and enjoy!

18. Anaconda007

Anaconda007 New Member

I love you guys so much and thanks for your post.

I just have one last question regarding the character selecting screen: if you create your first character, will it be/stand on the very left side of the screen? Let`s say your first character is your main character and it is on the left side on the screen, now you are creating another character and you are log in with your second character in to the game. After a while you are re-logining and going back to the character selecting screen, where will your main/first character stand on the screen? Still on the very left side, or will be the second character in the very left side of the screen?

I know this seems like a strange thing , but i would like to know it.

Thanks and have a nice day for gaming!

19. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Character selection panel puts your characters in a chronological order, the character that u used last will always be more left on your screen. Say you logged in your sin and then switched, you ll see your sin standing at the very left of your screen while right next to him you ll see the char that you used before your sin.

20. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

Spirit Master no doubt. Take away the Fears and they still have everything be it against melee or caster class. Only play this class if you want to win BADLY. No offense to people who like the class but I've played it myself and it's absolutely boring. Whatever class you go against, it's just no fun at all winning without any chanellnge. Not even vs Assassin or Ranger which is suppose to be it's counter classes.

Sorcerer comes second to Spirit Master for the same exact reasons.

If you want to have fun while still having a good chance to win then play either Assassin, Gladiator or Templar. Personally, Assassin is the most fun class to play and this is coming from someone who played the class with 250ms - 300ms ping. Hardest class to learn in my opinion. If only I had at least 150ms or below then I'd probably have Assassin as my main class. Gladiator is the second most fun to play class for me. Sure it's easy to learn how to play Gladiator but it's not easy to WIN against equally skilled players. Templar comes third. Harder to learn compared to Gladiator and has really long cool-downs (root remover with no other effect being a 10 minute ****ing cool down).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.