1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reward active players more than passive/afk players(without nerfing passive income)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zyryn, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Zyryn

Zyryn New Member

Passive players are able to make decent money for the little to no effort they make just being online ( aka selling pearl items/caphras or horse training T8s) which i am not against. However for active grinders/lifeskillers the effort doesn't seem to match the income they would have made if they afk.

But if you enchant accessories, you could make much more - Yeah if it doesn't boom, which completely eliminates your income for that grinding session. Many would default only 2acc/hr where some unlucky cases don't even see that rate happening.
    But high mastery gatherers/lifeskillers can still make decent bucks - Yeah provided you have high amts of energy and actively lifeskill, compared to ppl afk training in their wagons to come back a few days later making 1b in imperial delivery. Also most mats are just left on CM instead of being liquidated into silvers

I'm not saying to nerf income for passive players, but rather to reward players that are more active -> Permanent golden drops.
    The golden drop weekend is a great way to inject silvers into active player's grind, be it lifeskilling or grinding mobs, but being only for 3 days in 3 weeks, it is a very small window for a boost in income. Matched with majority of the server saying there is a silver drought, causing most item prices to plummet due to need of crons for orange grade upgrades, i feel this is a great way to make more silvers go around in the server without altering many variables.

My suggestion is to make golden trash drop more often to reward active players more, since passive players will not be affected by this and golden trash adds really quickly to the income/hr that people calculate.
    - This is also to offset any bad RNG at end game mob areas where people rely on the accessory drop for their income but end up not getting it for quite awhile in unfortunate events.
    -Devs could also input a mechanic that inversely scales the drop rate of these gold items with excess gear scores. This is to prevent people from farming at places they shouldn't be (e.g a 240 ap char at cresc instead of manshaums)

- For active lifeskillers, this method is also a great way to provide additional liquidity to open their options to explore/get mats for other forms of lifeskills ( i.e gatherers and hunters will have more money to start on other lifeskills like alchemy and cooking with the additional silvers.)

To retain the identity of the golden weekend, the golden event drop rates can still be boosted by 20% on a specific weekend, like all other weekends that boost certain rates by 20%.

Thank you for reading my post, please share your thoughts and comments below and have a nice day :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

This is simply not true, since actively grinding can easily make you 5-10 times more silver per hour, than an AFK player can make in the same amount of time.
    This hasn't got anything to do with Active/AFK-players, this has everything to do with how players approach the game in general. Learning to play the game for Everything it has to offer is really what this is about, also of course the server population. If GamezBD allowed ALL aspects of the game to be played equally, we would have So many more players, and most likely a much better Central Market.
    Then there are the "traitors" who leave the server everytime a "new" server pops up, completely forgetting how they keep being about grabbing money and then shutting down.
    The majority? How do you know that? Who is the majority? How did you manage to make a poll or vote about this, while no one noticed?
    Sorry, couldn't help myself, but it is not actually true that there is a "draught of silver". The problem remains the same as always: Lack of variation within the player-base. Again, if GamezBD opens up the Trading element of BDO, then a lot more players will join and play on our community.
    RNG = RANDOM number generator. It isn't as if you can predict something that is inherently random.
    There aren't ANY places players "shouldn't be". It is afterall an Open-World concept. What should be punished much harsher, is unwilling Player Killings, and the baby-idea of "My Spot!" should also be reined in.

ALL in all, I LOVE your idea about making the Golden Drops a GamezBD special thing. Having it on all the time WOULD indeed bring in more players, BUT it would also offset the silver income balance in general. So it is a difficult thing to regulate or predict the ultimate outcome of.

By the way, a simple forum search would have revealed at least two other threads presenting this as an idea. You might have started by doing that and adding your voice to those instead of making yet another thread about it. Just to reduce the overall amount of duplicated threads, nothing personal though.

Zyryn likes this.
  3. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

I hope you don't reffer to the golden daggers. That's just an embarrasement of an event.