1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Server crashed

Discussion in 'Problems' started by jasontoritama, Jan 9, 2018.

1. jasontoritama

jasontoritama New Member

Last Saturday, server crashed for a few hours. Sunday, he fought, it did not take long and he came back. Now he was playing and locked up again. When I logged back on, server channels were closed. Questions:

1. Server crashed again?
    2. Is it a serious problem that is rendering the server's longevity unfeasible?
    3. When there were unscheduled maintenance (at least you can complete them because they came without warning, only 180 seconds for maintenance), we received excuses from the GM or some compensation. In case of server raid, would not the situation be worse for the players' communities? Because when the server hangs, the situation is not worse?

From now on, thank you for your attention and look forward to your response.

Updating When I tried to re-enter the server, the channels were actually closed. But now they are ok.
    3 minutes in this process.

2. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

1. Yes, the server has crashed 20 minutes ago.
    2. I wouldn't say serious but most likely caused by ddos attack.
    3. The shutdown announcement usually comes with a timer. It says exactly how much time left before the server goes down.

3. jasontoritama

jasontoritama New Member

I came to imagine the question of the ddos attack. I'll try to be clearer. When there is need for maintenance, I know you are advised in advance of 3 minutes. What I question is the compensation that occurred through the maintenance (which I can conclude because several compensations came after maintenance). When the server crashes, is not it worse? Because we can not prepare ourselves and, fatally, does someone end up having a loss? And, in that case, would not a compensation be more coherent than in the case of maintenance, which is programmed?