1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Siel] Templar looking for mentor help with PVP

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Dragoniss, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoniss

Dragoniss Proficient Forum Legend

So after much heated debate with myself in my brain I finally decided to ask for some help on learning the ropes on Templar PvP. I have never once in my life PvPed [unless smash bros brawl counts] and I would really like some help learning the in's and outs, do's and don't of the Templar class. I have read some guides and watched a few PvP videos but the best way for me to learn is to just do it myself. I am a person who does doubt their capabilities, so right now I really feel like i'm going to suck balls and I probably will. My current setup is a laptop so I use a track pad and number keys to fight. I mainly use w,a,s,d to run around, but I do also use my arrow keys.

I just made it to level 60 finally! Now I just mainly need to learn the basics of making a good Templar.

Oddly enough this was really hard for me to do. I normally hate asking others for help with my own problems but I feel this is something I really do need help with from a more skilled Templar.

My IGN is Atuthur, i'm mainly mainly in Theo right now grinding a bit but I can also sometimes be in sanctum at the broker or in Vert raising my ather/essencetapping skills.

-sweatdrops- thanks for the help guys.

Currently offline pm me on here
    Currently online talk to me wherever

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Suhosin

Suhosin Cafe Fairy Foreva! Forum Legend

ohai!
    i wish i could be in game right now but unfortunately i cant get in >_>

idk where to start on this topic >_>
    first of all, hows ur ping?
    low ping does help a lot
    and wat about ur gear?

but one thing in common is to use your lure well
    (i think i am repeating this to everyone rofl)

lure is basically 2 s paralize, ur enemy cant do anything for like 2 seconds and considering u hav 2 lures
    thats going to be total 4 seconds of paralize which is op!!

templar skill flows like atk skil - atk skil - lure - atk skil -atk skil - atk skil- another lure - atk skil
    something like that >_>

and yea i can tell u moar if u tell me ur gear and ping or something like that XD

1 person likes this.
  3. Dragoniss

Ping wise it's usually around 125 - 350 I've tried other things to help reduce my ping but its no good. I also do have lots of lag when i'm around crowded places, even in shift+f12 mode It's my laptop, it has always had bad lag on any game with crowded areas, hell even the sims 3 lags. If I knew of a way to get Aion on my Imac with out bootcamp I would totally put it on there seeing as how I can run anything on that smoothly. So basically i'l be doing more 1v1 than big zergy things.

Currently i'm in the level 45 mist set but that's just because i'm trying to grind to 60 and grinding up some money so I can actually afford something decent. I would like to just go ahead and buy an ABG set but I don't know how much total money it will cost. I really don't wana spend 100 bucks on another online game, I made that mistake once already, and I've already spent 25 bucks to get lifetime VIP, so I do still have 1.2K left over. I would really like to get the casual outfit but I don't know how outfits work and gear comes before outfit. [plus i'm currently running around in cinna's clothes.]
    I'm also using the level 50 mist set sword and shield. Again i'm just using those till I hit 60 and start getting my PvP gear.
    I also don't have anything [but my costume]upgraded, knowing that i'm going to need all the upgrade and manastones I can get.

I have been working with doom lure on normal enemies, trying to get the hang of it. and yah I kinda figured that using you're lure at the right time, plus buffs would really make it or break it for me. If you need screen caps of my skill and my stats I can defiantly put those up, just keep in mind though that i'm, well 53 now that I just leveled up.

Edit: oh yes I forgot to add that I am going through the Miragent armor quest currently. I don't know if i'm going to use it or sell it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  4. Suhosin

oh acd is the best set atm but
    ull do just fine in abg :3

and economy is a bit wierd in gamez, and if ur vip,
    u can sell 1.5k credit for abg accessory set
    and 2.5k for abg set
    though trading is not my profession, i am pretty sure u can do that
    so ull save money :3

but apart from set and accessory there are many things u gota worry about like
    weapon (GS: preferably one extendable one non extendable, mace: again preferably one extend one non extend, and shield: abgs fine)
    WOC (almost a must)
    consumables (a must for pvp :3)

and manastones there are varieties u can chose from
    accuracy/crit : mass amount of damage, but very squishy but good for 1 v 1ing any class
    block/crit : decent amount of damage when ur using gs, but u cant block with gs so good judgement of situation needed. and block is useless for mage classes
    mr : my all time favorite set, overall good in pvp, good against both melees and mages, but lacks a bit in dps
    hp: tanky, but not rlly recommanded

Considering ur gona get abg set, i would definately go with abg chain and make it mr but thats just me :p

1 person likes this.
  5. Dragoniss

Alright. I have been thinking going ABG chain with MR for a while, seeing as how piratically all the guides touched on it. In the future I might get an ABG plate set with attack and crit and switch them out depending on the situation.
    I might upgrade to ACD in the future. but for now I want to stick to this and see if I even stick with the game.

Also WOC? [sorry if i'm acting like a total hub here. D:]
    And what kinds of consumables,just potions and MP pots and stuffs.

My only other question is with weapons, So greatsword I can understand, but truly how much of a difference it it between sword and mace, I'm probably going to get one in the long run but most templars I see use sword sheild, it's usually chanters I see with mace sheild.

I also might make a whole hp block to be trolly and or for PvE, I do like doing boss runs,and I was a tank in an old pve mmo and loved it.

I also don't know how to trade credits but I'll look it up somewhere. Thanks for the help :)

6. masturbator

masturbator Proficient

just post ur real girl pic here and you'll be a pro in no time...o(^▽^)o

7. GraveXD

GraveXD Shhhhhh♪ (*'-^)- v(^_^ Forum Legend

Any temp with Sword and Shield should just shoot themselves xD

Templars have so many skills that are magic skills and they gain a huge advantage when they use M/S.
    As for your MR build on abg chain that is what youll be mostly using IMO its really good for tanking and spanking.
    For the best damage output ofcourse you want to go with ACC/CRIT plate you will notice a huge diff.
    But really its like all classes just learn to adapt to every situation and you will dominate.
    PvP with the same pattern on every class and you will get face rolled by Glads and sorcs...well every other class too.

8. Suhosin

actually, not quite
    ever since 3.0, there are different crit formula for sword/shield, and if it crits, ur gona see some serious damage
    however, it is true that u sacrifice so many advantages in magical atks, but sword is another choice now,
    though i still consider mace a better option xD

but anywayz
    woc stands for wing of the circle, with lv 1 conditioning on it.
    it gives u atk speed, and its a HUGE difference :p

and consumables, the basic ones you will need is
    running scroll, atk speed scroll, crit scroll, a type of food (can be mr, or acc/crit food) serums (gives u 1.9k hp and 1.6k mp) and abyss potions, gives u like 3.5k hp i think
    and getting these things is pain in the ass for me, since i never ever crafted before >_>
    but u can google how to craft or something, and u can do it urself
    i just didnt bother :3

9. Dragoniss

Yah I was going to say I notice that I get a lot of crits with my sword.
    plus I always get an e-boner for high attack speed but I probably will switch to mace just because of the power.

And i'll get to working on those consumables, I'm just about to hit 55 once I finish this quest, so yay.

Also I found I can't fight sin's. All he did was hide and run away from me, actually got annoying after a while and I left cause all he did was laugh and call me bad :/

10. lordgodz

lordgodz New Member

I wanted to help But cant Log-in the Game >.<

11. Dragoniss

Its ok. I think there's a server restart or something going on. Its probably over with by now but i'm still offline, and I gotta take a shower besides. I'll probably be back on later.
    Thank you for the offer though :)

12. Dragoniss

But i'm ugly D: [and no i'm not posting to be pro, i'm posting this for lulz]
    Does this count.
    The cosplay ain't done but...and yes, the upper portion is my boobs and the shirt was a little bit fluffed out so it made me look fat...
    http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae271/bendoverdrek/Snapbucket/35b2e230-orig.jpg

Also bump i'm online.

Edit: just made it to level 60 so now the real fun can begin!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  13. jasper1884

jasper1884 JASZIK

Ping is a must even you have your good gear and if you encounter people with very low ping or descent ping 200ms or less ping you will get a big prob i experienced this when i duel suhosin, asianz, najr my skills reaction and movement is very slow against them.in your ping matter i think your 180-300 ms is good enough,btw im 97% clickers and using WSAD when in my movement, i had spike lag here always since im playing in cafe my average ping here is 435 ms average and it really sucks when too many zergers at your back.

I recommend watch pvp templar videos to get some important points but you must create your own playstyle that you could be proud of.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.