1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rejected Sorceress's Near Unplayable State

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by voxelx, Apr 9, 2018.

1. voxelx

voxelx New Member

Bug Name:
    Sorceress's Near Unplayable State
    Bug Description:
    The prewake for sorceress seems fine, but the awakening and rabam skills are awful right now.

Cartians Nightmare, one of the awakening skills only applies the burn, but none of the damage.

Violation misses most of the time, despite having a lot of accuracy (People have tested with pen helrick (sorc accuracy offhand) and there's no difference, it appears that the skill is just broken) it either misses or just does almost no damage the vast majority of the time.

Grim Reapers Judgment misses a lot of the time as well (seems to be effected by the accuracy problem that sorc awakening has) When I say it misses I mean that it literally will do 0 damage.

Shift X (Shadow Ignition) is broken and launches people out of range which makes this skill basically useless and more of a hindrance (5-20 feet away) The skill was fine before the most recent patch where air attacks were "fixed"

With the way accuracy and evasion seem to work here, when you miss or someone evades, you don't just miss a single hit of the skill, you miss the entire skill. On retail if you missed or were evaded you would miss say, 1-3 hits of a skill that has a multiplier similar to 5 x 500% so you would still do damage. The difference here is that when you miss, you miss all 5 hits, making the entire skill do 0 damage. The accuracy rates for sorceress are generally very low because her multipliers are high, but here the multipliers don't matter because if you miss, you do 0 damage. This means that the majority of the time when you use a skill as a sorceress in awakening it will miss and do 0 damage. Which is a large problem for obvious reasons, but also because when sorceress attacks we're very vulnerable. If I'm putting myself in danger for a dice roll I'd rather not put myself in danger in the first place.

In general awakening (Scythe) seems to have large accuracy problems and is almost not worth using at the moment. I figured I would put the effort into typing this out, so that you guys could possibly fix some or all of these issues. I would really, really appreciate it. I know you have a small team and you have a lot of work on your plate, so I apologize for adding to that. Anyway, thank you for your time and I appreciate the work you guys put into this.

Edit #1
    Another large issue, which is an issue I believe several classes suffer from, examples being ranger, and striker, as well as sorc to name a few. Is the issue of being cced in super armors and iframes. This could simply be a dsync issue, which is a whole other problem. I'm not as familiar with ranger and striker as I am with sorc, so I ultimately cannot speak for them, if anyone in the comments would like to describe the issues that these classes suffer feel free to do so, though I would like to mainly keep this thread focused on sorceress. Generally when this happens as a sorceress, it happens either in my blink, (which honestly feels closer to dsync than any of these, mainly because I will generally teleport/rubberband from one location to another) my shadow leap, (Awakening W+F) and Grim Reapers Judgment (Awakening LMB + RMB.) I also will often be cced out of Nightmare (Awakening F/S+F) this generally happens with a grab, which is usually during the initial animation of the skill (which is a problem that has plagued sorcs on retail as well, so I don't expect a fix.) The reason I bring up this skill specifically is because I will (relatively) often get pulled out of stealth when the skill has already went off and I will be cced. As I mentioned above this does generally happen with grabs, but it has also happened with knock downs as well.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    With Cartians Nightmare, use it at any rank and you'll see that it just doesn't do the accurate damage.

With Grim Reapers Judgement if you use it enough you'll see that it will miss completely a lot of the time and will do 0 damage.

Shift X (Shadow Ignition) launches people in the middle of a combo or outside of a combo, you can recreate this by just using the skill a few times. It will often dsync and your opponent will teleport roughly 2-3 times making it hard to even use the knockdown.

With Violation, the spin will generally do 0 or much less damage than it is supposed to, but the chop at the end will normally do decent damage though. The spin, however seems to do very little damage or no damage at all in pvp.

P.S Aside from Cartians Nightmare which has issues in both pvp and pve, most of these issues are PvP related. Also if you would like me to show you any of these send me a message either here or on discord @Voxel#5275 I can attempt to recreate any one of these bugs for you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Aboxoftrolls likes this.
  2. Lorskie

Lorskie WTB>"QQ Section" in the forum

I thought it was just a gearscore mismatch before but no, sorc's accuracy on most awakening skills is too low.

voxelx likes this.
  3. voxelx

voxelx New Member

Initially this is also what I thought, but after several hours of playing and testing on several different people, improving gear and talking with sorcs that have almost full pen, I can undoubtedly say that the accuracy for awakening is currently broken. Scythe honestly isn't even that worth using at this point for damage. Not only because the damage is lacking, but also because of how sorc plays. Like I mentioned above, we have amazing defensive mobility, but the issue is that when we use our defensive mobility we're not able to attack. When we attack we give up nearly all of our defense for damage. When we're taking a large risk to do damage and putting ourselves in an extremely vulnerable situation and the damage is incredibly lackluster... or just none at all this is a huge problem. I honestly believe that if it were not for absolutes sorc would currently be completely unplayable and worthless on the private server.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  4. evo

evo New Member

Grim Reaper's Judgement is a lot like a few other classes awakened skills. Big damage on low hit count. Warrior's Reckless Blow is an example of a similar skill that more often than not produces no damage or very low damage in PvP and PvE.

voxelx likes this.
  5. Lorskie

Yeah I don't really rely on GRJ too much, even in RBF. I pop it for buffs and that's it. If it kills someone, good. If not, then gg. You know your class needs help when a killer skill is only used for buffs and hope to god it kills someone. Even dead hunt is missing like crazy no matter how many accuracy buffs or addons you use.

voxelx likes this.
  6. voxelx

voxelx New Member

Yeah, I have had people test pen helricks and there is absolutely no difference. I know they have a different evasion/acc formula, but it seems to be only causing issues. I honestly think they should move back to the original formula that retail is using. Instead of changing accuracy and evasion, they could simply buff the accuracy of every class, as opposed to changing the values altogether. If everyone had a base level of 100-150 acc and we were using the retail formula for acc and evasion I honestly think the system would work just fine. I assume they did what they did to accuracy and evasion for balance reasons, at least that is what I have heard time and time again, however this only seems to be causing imbalance. How about, for example adding an accuracy buff to the value pack or even an entirely different buff at the top of the screen, so that they would not have to change the individual classes separately. Just a thought or suggestion on how they would possibly go about it.

Concerning Grim Reapers Judgment, I've played retail for a while and the differences are like night and day. At "soft cap/standard gear" or whatever else you would like to call it (example: Full IV Boss armor, Full III Accessories) judgment does anywhere from 50%-90% generally. These statistics are coming from testing damage on retail versus 260-300+ DP with 250-270ap. Whereas on here if you ran the same test you would notice that (especially in extended tests) Grim Reapers Judgment does far less damage and will often miss entirely causing the ability to do 0 damage. This is another case of being vulnerable (despite the super armor on Grim Reapers Judgment) to grabs and pure damage while trying to output damage and it's honestly not worth using for damage most of the time considering the fact that if you use Grim Reapers Judgment on 5-10 people it will likely do 0 damage to about half of those people. Of course this is an RNG related system, so you will likely have different results to a certain extent, but I can guarantee that you will notice these issues with even a short session of tests. I honestly will use it for super armor most of the time, which is sad because this ability is the single hardest hitting ability in our awakening kit... or it was supposed to be.

7. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Man, its not bugreport. Its just big tale about we need find some bug and fix it.
    Here u need post if u found reason and have way of reporduce. This must be short description which show what need change. If u cant do it, just wait for other people, every update we improve skill engine and its related to all classes, we cant change damage of this class or any other class, bdo pvp system uses one formula for all classes.

[​IMG]

8. voxelx

voxelx New Member

From my tests and just general playtime I'm fairly certain that this issue, that not only sorc suffers from is an issue with how accuracy and evasion work on this server. The fact that you're saying that you've had extremely similar issues on an entirely different class with completely unrelated skills means that this is not only a class related issue. Which is why I believe that this is simply an issue revolving around their accuracy and evasion formula.

9. voxelx

voxelx New Member

I apologize if this seems like I'm simply complaining, but I'm not. I'm trying to explain the issues that not only plague sorceress, but also other classes like warrior as stated above, striker, and ranger to name a few. I also would not be surprised if other classes were suffering from this issue as it is clearly not isolated to sorceress. I notice that very often, in RBF I will be knocked down and I will take no damage at all when skills are clearly hitting me. Other times I will be blown up in a matter of seconds. I don't mean for it to sound like I'm complaining about an issue and telling you to fix it, I'm giving you my accurate feedback on how your accuracy and evasion formula has effected how skills work here. I understand that this change was likely for balance, but it seems to cause more imbalance than balance. I know that you are doing all that you can to keep the server running and working properly and I'm sure it's a lot of work, so I'm trying to help by reporting bugs and inconsistencies.

I also have tried to give my feedback on how you would possibly go about fixing these issues, I apologize that I cannot give a perfectly clear and concise explanation or method on how you would go about fixing these issues as I am not familiar with Black Deserts coding. I could say 1, 2, or 3 things that I think could help solve the issue, but at the end of the day I don't know all of the specifics, so I am not entirely sure how you would fix these issues or bugs. I can only give you my feedback and the feedback from others on top of my suggestions about how you would fix this. My main suggestion would be to change the accuracy and evasion formula, possibly even back to retail. That suggestion is for the skills doing inaccurate damage or no damage at all. Another suggestion would be to possibly revert some of the most recent changes in the large patch you released that changed air attacks drastically, and negatively.

I believe I have given an accurate description of how you would reproduce these issues and I'm even willing to fire up a stream (or screenshare, or maybe even put time into making videos. Whichever way you prefer) to display them if you need me to.
    "How to reproduce/proof:
    With Cartians Nightmare, use it at any rank and you'll see that it just doesn't do the accurate damage.

With Grim Reapers Judgement if you use it enough you'll see that it will miss completely a lot of the time and will do 0 damage.

Shift X (Shadow Ignition) launches people in the middle of a combo or outside of a combo, you can recreate this by just using the skill a few times. It will often dsync and your opponent will teleport roughly 2-3 times making it hard to even use the knockdown.

With Violation, the spin will generally do 0 or much less damage than it is supposed to, but the chop at the end will normally do decent damage though. The spin, however seems to do very little damage or no damage at all in pvp.

P.S Aside from Cartians Nightmare which has issues in both pvp and pve, most of these issues are PvP related. Also if you would like me to show you any of these send me a message either here or on discord @Voxel#5275 I can attempt to recreate any one of these bugs for you.
    "

Aboxoftrolls likes this.
  10. Lorskie

@voxelx kudos to you brother for this awesome report about Sorc. I honestly gave up on telling them what's wrong with our class because they always just put it at the bottom of the pile. I still play the class. Actually, been playing this class since 2016. Like you, i've noticed every single thing that's wrong with her awakening skills. This is probably the first report/feedback that I really read from top to bottom. I'm just really sad that this got moved to the "Rejected" section.

11. voxelx

voxelx New Member

Oh, they moved it to the rejected section? That's unfortunate. That honestly makes me want to stop supporting this server. I've already tossed in a few hundred dollars. I don't mind supporting the server and the devs if they actually care. Funny how tons of people have talked about this and a few have posted on this forum, and even replied here like you did, but they just want to ignore it. At least that's what it seems like. In his reply above he seemed not only passive aggressive, but it was very clear that he either did not read or he did not understand the contents of the post.

"Man, its not bugreport. Its just big tale about we need find some bug and fix it.
    Here u need post if u found reason and have way of reporduce. This must be short description which show what need change. If u cant do it, just wait for other people"

I don't understand how this is not a bug report. I listed clear, obvious, and detailed issues that have been effecting not only sorc, but several other classes.
    I also listed a way clear way for every single one of the bugs to be reproduced.
    Though this was not a short description of the issues like he would have preferred, this was a list of issues caused by what is likely to be their current formula for how accuracy and evasion work. It simply could not be short because there are too many problems.
    "If u cant do it, just wait for other people" What exactly do you want @Kolka ? I'm fairly certain that this was not only valid, but also very clear. I told you about the issues, you seemed angry and told me to post a bug report about it. After I post a bug report about it you sweep it under the rug and not only do you question the validity of what I have said, you dismiss it entirely. Many players suffer and ultimately have to deal with this issue, but very few speak up about it, and when someone finally does speak up, you dismiss it. I don't have to take time out of my day to put effort into trying to help not only you @Kolka but to help every player that chooses to play here and support you.

12. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Go on https://bdocodex.com/us/ find the ID of base skill. List skill with exactly what the bug is. By that I mean exactly whats wrong with it. In most cases its not just straight dmg.

Example:

Berserker Rock Smash - "Bound" Bug
    Skill : Rock Smash - 290
    CC Effect : Bound CC
    Duration : 30 seconds <-- Bug
    Reproduce :

As Berserker, Use Rock Smash. When you hold people over your head , they can start using skill while they are in it. Examples are in the video above.

https://i.gyazo.com/e75701a4f225befd73f0b5b6f9e46e40.mp4

^ This is usually How I do my reports. And usually things are getting fixed. Keep in mind that Kolka and the rest of the dev team needs to exactly reproduce it to find out what exactly the issue is in order to fix it. With many bugs reported, this can be a very time intensive process. Need to get it detailed as possible.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  13. heroicfish

heroicfish New Member

@voxelx please make videos reproducing it, love this class and hope they'll fix it if you can show them :hungover:

14. Aboxoftrolls

Aboxoftrolls New Member

Replying to a dead thread i know i know. But sorc still has these problems. It sucks that OP got treated like this because even months after his post it still holds very true to this day. Idk why it even got rejected in the first place just because he didn't provide video proof. After all it's the dev's job or what ever to investigate these problems in game.

15. voxelx

voxelx New Member

Just saw the notification for your comment in my email. Yeah, I'm honestly not surprised whatsoever that sorc hasn't changed. I also doubt the issues that other classes have suffered from are fixed either. As for the lack of video evidence, my friend and I decided to spend hours trying to reproduce these bugs provided video proof for every bug. I'll just link it here if you're interested in reading it http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threa...rly-being-unplayable-sorc-mega-thread.218895/ Kolka actually personally messaged Kouno (the friend I mentioned who posted it) and said that they were now aware and will work on fixing the issues, but they had other issues that they needed to prioritize beforehand. Though I'd say it's pretty clear that they just don't really care considering the fact that it's been this long and it's still not fixed. I actually quit GamezBD a while ago simply because their server has many issues (that no other server, including other private servers suffer from) and honestly I just didn't (and still don't) think they know what they're doing. They've made several large mistakes that have predominantly contributed to the decline in their player-base and said player-base will likely continue to decline unless they fix the issues that currently plague the server. Which honestly at this point I doubt will ever happen. I'd just stick with another private server or the retail server if I were you.