1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stutter problem?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Rangerlookz, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Rangerlookz

Rangerlookz Proficient Forum Legend

Having stutter problem? even with good rig specs? Don't have ssd, can't buy one? But have high ram amount? This thing might help you. It's called ramdisk, using your ram as a virtual drive that is faster than any SSD.

Requirements:
    You need 16b+ ram, 9gb will be used as virtual drive. Having below 16gb ram, nevermind trying this.
    Working Brain

What is Ramdisk? :

Here is a video tutorial how it's done, just follow it step by step.

Here is a written tutorial >
    https://forum.gamer.com.tw/Co.php?bsn=09856&sn=892888 .
    Just translate this to english so you can understand.

Here is his test on ramdisk >>

Me myself tried it and I swear it really improves the performance of my aion, I can now full texture detail, object range, terrain range , shader quality @ max in aion with 30-60fps and it really lessen the stutters. Unlike before I can't max my texture detail and shader becoz it's deym lag especially in pande and battlegrounds with many people. Now i really notice performance improvement, really smoother gameplay. It's really up to you if you try it or not, I'm just sharing what I have discovered :D.

Note: When powers out or sudden shutdown on pc whatever you put on your ramdisk won't be save or will be gone because ram is a volatile memory. So make sure you put backup. Also SSD people won't benefit much with this i guess but it's worth a shot. Try this at your own risk!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Shelo likes this.