1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion]Class Tournaments

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Stark, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo77

neo77 Proficient

oh no man you got me wrong, fuck the dp lol. i understand what you say when its fine and dandy whoever lands the first spell/ best rotation wins is just what is to be expected regardless there are restrictions or not.
    (AT=Aethertwist)

2. vesiinabox

vesiinabox Death be chillin bitches. Forum Legend

Finding enough participants for each class would seem to be a large issue...seeing as there are rarely sms online same with clerics, chanters, and AT. Perhaps larger events for the more populated classes and smaller for the less populated.

3. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

I didn't include Aethertwisting to skill restriction, that would be absurd :p

There are 7 days to get enough participants to register through forums.

And yea, like I previously said, it doesn't have to always start with 16 people. You can still do it with 8 people. That's still going to be 1 elimination round, semi finals and finals.

If there are not enough participants then you simply have to cancel the tournament for this class and move on to another class tournament and hope that next time you get enough participants.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    vesiinabox likes this.
  4. neo77

neo77 Proficient

but here's a fact , theres plenty of staff to actually make it happen and make it official IMO. now if its an overtatement i take it back but i can assure you im not the only one interested in something like this.

my bad b, i thought i saw aethertwist somewhere

5. Bordy

Bordy i am chilleriest Forum Legend

I find this really interesting and doable. We just have to think of ways on how to make it work like a charm, a lot of planning and testing is required. But in general, I for one likes this.

6. Stark

It's fine. I appreciate the that you're trying to contribute something on this suggestion.

It might be a little hard to do this at the beginning but once it becomes something regular and constant, players are bound to get used to it later on and things will start running smoother compared to when it was just starting.

I've suggested this once before to a staff member but I haven't had the chance to bring it up in the open forum to be discussed by other players until now so I only got opinion of a single person unlike this time.

Bordy likes this.
  7. zeei

zeei lkaashl.deviantart.com

come at me rangers ;)

• bm sets for participants
    • put a cd removal npc
    • bm weapons with no gs

w/ the skill restrictionz how r ya gonna manage that on siel qq

8. Stark

The suggestion is for Lumiel tho. The rule about no changing of stigma build should have hinted that out for you guys that this is only for Lumiel.

9. stratic

stratic Expert

same class, same gear. like chronal stuffs and the likes. it wiuld be unfair if same class but not same in gear.

10. Kyle

Kyle Banned Forum Legend

lol I am sorry but I am just imagining 16 Clerics fighting each other >.< That would be one long fight. And 16 SMs would be funny to watch if Fear spamming was allowed. Everyone using AOE Fear and by the time someone able to use a skill due to 15 SMs fear spamming, they use AOE fear and the cycle of fears just keep going XD

11. Stark

Not using PvP gears will be too much. There are people who suggested to allow only starter's gear which I think isn't a bad idea but I don't know what exactly this gear includes. The idea of using Blood Marks gear is good too since it's easy to get and is a good set of gear on it's own.

First off, this is a class tournament which is to be fought by the same class in 1v1 battles, it's not a goddamn FFA. FFS read...
    There are a lot of ways to deal with long fights on classes like clerics and chanters if you actually think.
    Did you read the skill restrictions rule that I suggested? I'm pretty sure I included not allowing any types of Fear there.

I seriously doubt you even read everything before posting this. If you did then I'm sure that you didn't read it carefully.

12. stratic

stratic Expert

not using pvp gear is more fun i guess. also i suggest not to use the titles and the wings.

13. Kyle

Kyle Banned Forum Legend

Ops my bad, did read it fully. >.< Kindof tired when I saw 16 in one area, to be honest I just assumed at that point and skimmed read the rest.

14. Stark

That's going to be way too slow-paced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.