1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suggestion for Banning voters specially those who are playing in Cafes :)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xiaoranlee, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xiaoranlee

xiaoranlee New Member

Dear Aion Masters/ Admins/ Gamez Staff,

Greetings!

I'd like to give an instance for example, I voted on my account and if for example my cousin didn't knew i voted and he tried

to vote. It would block him right? if that's the case then no need to answer my question. And if the case is he can still vote

even if he didn't clear history logs then there is the problem. I am stating this instance not because i got banned or whatever.

I am trying to help those poor creatures who got banned because of this, and yes some really deserve getting banned for

abusing but what about those people who are innocent. I on the other hand vote and donate at the same time specially when

getting VIP. Now that I've read the multiple bans I got alarmed, I thought to myself what if i voted now? then my cousin tried

to vote also and got through the vote. I'd be banned unquestionably and that's that. So I decided not to vote anymore to avoid

any misunderstanding to me and the gm in any case this would happen, but now i'm sure it won't since i am not voting

anymore to avoid any misunderstanding. I am merely trying to give you guys a point of view of the players. What if people

stop voting specially those who are in the computer shops. I guess Gamez wouldn't mind since they have high ranks

already? I hope not. If I may speak or suggest, maybe we can just WIPE their credits if such violation has done. Since

Alente stated that they don't have to give proof of ban. As long as your IP voted twice without questions you will be banned. I

hope Gamez Admins would not take this badly, we are all civilized here and I surely hope that you consider reading my post.

Believe it or not, surely some people are banned even if they are not guilty with such abuse. This again my friends is my

opinion and someone showing the point of view of the players here. More power to Gamez!

- Ian

9 people like this.
  2. xiaoranlee

xiaoranlee New Member

I am PRO when it comes to banning those who are abusing it. What I just stated above is an instance wherein you voted and someone accidentally voted on the same IP. My solution to this is i would stop voting on my account in order to avoid such. Sad.

3. xiaoranlee

xiaoranlee New Member

And sometimes whenever voting it says your account has voted and yet no credits has been given so you have to refresh the page click the server you are on and vote again. that is scary also that they might mistaken you as abusing it. Also I am speaking in behalf of those who are playing in cafe / Computer shops.

4. Ayerion

Ayerion ♥_____ VIP Member _____♥

not just you.. everyone is afraid to vote now.

1 person likes this.
  5. Patton

Patton Proficient

Just don't vote for a while and wait for further info regarding to that issue..

6. zeei

zeei lkaashl.deviantart.com

thing is.even if he cleared log history ur cousin will still not be able to vote since the IP has already voted..

same thing in internet cafe's, if someone has already used the IP and if that IP is shared by all pc's then its has to be "first come first serve" basis..

i too have questions though: like how do they define multivoting? is it like voting from 2 / more accounts but each account voting from different IPs? or is multivoting
    voting from same IP with different accounts - which is unlikely imo?

there is also the case of USB Broadbands which is common here in the PH, it somehow changes ur IP when you disconnect it and reconnect again.. chances are though that some IP have already voted so you do what i just said (dc then connect) then now you can vote.. the problem comes when 2 people are using that same USB Broadband but with different accounts.. both of them can vote
    safely right?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  7. xiaoranlee

xiaoranlee New Member

And to those who are reading this. Please take time to understand every statement and kindly bring it up so Admins can see this. I have

messaged Alente already but I don't know if he'll get it. So everyone can help by stating their opinions and suggestions. We as players have a

voice as long as we are not being biased or suggesting for our own good/greed. Voice out your concerns so they can hear/read it. And

hopefully do something good about it and take it as an advice or help from us players. It is such a great game so WE as players need to start

suggesting good things to help them admins as well.

Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  8. username101

username101 Proficient

There's no way, he can vote if you already voted using that one computer with one IP ADDRESS. If he, by any chance get into the voting system after you used the computer, then it's pretty obvious that he bypassed the voting system by means of using different browsers or clearing the cookies or used incognito or whatever. The point is, bypassing the voting system is against the rules of Gamezaion regardless of who voted first and who voted again. The fact that you guys voted twice using the same IP/PC, you are already breaking the rule re: bypassing the voting system. That's the bottom line. (considering the fact that "in all honesty", you and your cousin are two different people with two different accounts).

However, GM's should also understand that in countries where majority of Gamez players are only renting PCs from internet cafe, this RULE of 1 IP = 1 Vote is very unfair. And they must find a better solution for this. I read somewhere that 4 cousins with 4 different accounts got banned because all of them voted using one PC with 1 IP address in one of the cousin's house. If you'll think about it, they are legit voters. They just need to do something about this. I mean, seriously.

1 person likes this.
  9. zeei

zeei lkaashl.deviantart.com

this. better stated than mine XD

10. Patton

Patton Proficient

Yah 3 people here in our place got banned. thank god i'm voting on my own pc

11. s1ngl3

s1ngl3 ٠• Annoying •٠

First of all, this is not true and Gamez have removed the ability to chose on which server to vote long ago, now its account based, and the shit u were talking about is not possible simple because the system aint that stupid.
    Secondly Alente already stated that they know rly good which players use proxies in order to vote from cafe's and they are not banning them.

How so that shit story even made me vote when I wasn't for 2 months.

I started doing it 2 days ago, and I'm not even close to be afraid simply because I'm sure I haven't done anything. As for the multivoters well finally a cock for you has arrived.

Offtopic: Who the **** are these tards Meta and Yaks...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  12. Ayerion

There are some misunderstanding about the IP address for now i guess..
    just continue if you vote on your own PC.
    to those who are playing on shop, better "dont" vote for now.
    You should carefull and watch your step.

13. s1ngl3

s1ngl3 ٠• Annoying •٠

The **** are you talking about lol? There's zero misunderstanding, people who got banned are multivoters or people who PLAY / SHERE THE SAME PC WITH MULTIVOTERS on cafe's. Thats the whole story.

If the owners of cafe's want to actually keep their players they need to add some rules aka not to multivote on ANY PC, so nobody would get banned because some shittard decided to abuse.

14. Ayerion

oh well , maybe u are right.:pouty:

or maybe no.

15. username101

username101 Proficient

Considering you are right. Then what will happen to that person who didn't multi-vote but happened to use that PC which was used by a multi-voter a couple of minutes ago (for example)? That innocent player will get banned too? For what reason? because he used that PC without even knowing that the person before him is a multi-voter?

16. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Yes, now start buying pcs instead of going to random cafés

1 person likes this.
  17. s1ngl3

s1ngl3 ٠• Annoying •٠

Obviously he might have some trouble, hard to proof a shit tho, and thats why I suggested the next thing. The owners should add rules, and nobody must break them. How? No idea.

18. Ayerion

thats the real problem here.
    the population on gamez would drop 20% or more.
    wonder what the innocent people feeling coz got ban for nothing right now.

19. username101

username101 Proficient

They just need to find a better idea/solution to this problem. I guess they have to start with accounts with low level/low rank characters, not active in-game but has loads of credits. These accounts are 80% sure dummy accounts.

20. mo0nX

mo0nX Proficient

Im impressed that this thread ressisted so long unclosed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.