1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion] Sorcerer Buff Balancing Remade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by vRisen, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Since the last post had too many spells added to the list, and too many misunderstanding and confused posts, here's an updated thread. Keep in mind that not all three spells would receive counter-effects.

I was looking at class buffs, and I noticed that some classes have side-effects to some their buffs, but sorcerers have none! Berserking takes -200 accuracy and 50% physical defense, Shadow Rage takes 500MR and 50% evasion, etc.

[​IMG]

Here are some suggestions that I could think of that would add a counter to certain buffs. This counter would force sorcerers (skilled ones anyway) to think of their situation before popping all buffs.

[​IMG] Magic Assist

"This Buff obviously intends for its user to land all attacks, harder, faster, with a chance to crit. All this with no bad side-effect? I don't think so!"

New effects:

- Reduces magic casting time by 10%

- Increases Magic Boost by 300

- Increases Magical Acc by 300

- Increases Crit Spell by 100

- Decreases Magic Resist by XXX

- Decreases Physical Defense by 50%

Why: This would make sorcerers abandon some defenses in return for all of those good bonuses.

Note: If we were to compare these effects to a melee class equivalent buff, the buff would give almost 600 accuracy, 10% attack speed, 25% PvP attack, and 100 crit. Seem a little OP? What if we were to give Gladiators this buff? Don't you think that there *should* be some sort of downside to this spell?

- OR -
    - Decreases Magic Resist by 50%

- -200 Elemental Defenses.

Why: This spell looks like it's the equivalent of Berserking or Shadow Rage. If we were to plug in the same data, this is what it *should* have as counter-effects if NCSoft paid attention to things.

[​IMG] Supplication of Focus

"This bad boy makes ALL of your attacks hit. All of this firepower with no hindrances?! This is madness!"

New effects:

- Increases Magical Acc by 1000

- Decreases Magic Boost by XXX

- Magic skill cast times increased by XX%

[​IMG] Wintry Armor
    "A shield that annihilates any melee attacker and as an added bonus, it slows them."

New effects:

- If an enemy within a 2m radius attacks you, you reflect 1000 damage to the enemy

- Decrease its movement and attack speed for 2s.

Reminder, not all of these side-effects should be implemented, these are just what some of them *could* have.

Also, please keep useless posts out. If you have any questions feel free to ask, but don't end your post with "Oh BTW LOL TIS THRED IS A QQ POST U LOSR LOL U CANT KIL SORCER SO U QQ ON FORUM LOL NOOB." I kill plenty of sorcerers, but it just gets annoying to see all 6 OP buffs popped with godly haste when sorcerers want to kill me.

If you feel that sorcerers do not need a counter-effect to their buff, I highly suggest trying out another class to see how the rest of us deal with sorcerers.

1 person likes this.
  2. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

Already did. I sucked with some and made it with other classes.

Plate has counter-effect also cause its plate. U sacrifice defense for dmg.
    Cloth what can sacrifice if its a glass cannon class? DMG to get more DMG?

I may agree with Wintry but not with others.

And as a glass cannon u depend on your CC and cd, buff helps u againts 2vs1/3vs1.

[video=youtube;X6Zbim1tq4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Zbim1tq4E[/video]

[video=youtube;mvsSDYpUrCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsSDYpUrCY[/video]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.