1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

< The Aegis of Malevolent Guards > Official Legion Thread

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Snax, Nov 20, 2016.

1. OliverStylez

OliverStylez Legendary Box Hunter Forum Legend

Morning every one!

You know, I wake up sometimes and I just feel sad that I'm still single. SometimesI really wish that I had someone special to care about... But then I remember what I do for work and I smile because what girlfriend ever paid her boyfriend to jerk off while she watched?

"Always look on the bright side of life!"

:)

Snax likes this.
  2. Snax

Snax Wild Boar <3 Forum Legend

so envy hahaha xD

3. Nero

Nero Pioneer Member Forum Legend

omggggggggg congrats on your banner nab <3

Maleficent and Snax like this.
  4. Snax

i kidnap him for this. hahahaha

5. Nero

You have to do it the hard way don't you? lol :)

Snax likes this.
  6. Snax

hahahahaa I kidnap @OliverStylez and I ask ransom for forum legend title hahahaha

OliverStylez likes this.
  7. OliverStylez

Looks like your master evil plan worked too

Snax likes this.
  8. Snax

he grant my demand hahahaha xD

OliverStylez likes this.
  9. OliverStylez

I just thought I'd post a little bit of a helpful intro for our new SM's who seem to be struggling with how to start duels...

The first thing you have to realize is that as a SM, you aren't a DPS class. You can't run into a fight and use only Vacuum Choke and Weaken Spirit and expect to win. You have to use the class as it was meant to be played, or you're going to lose almost every time. The best way to do this is to start out the duel correctly so that you can keep a lock down on your opponent from the start of the fight, to the end.

To begin, you have to understand the class you're opposing. Some classes like Assassin and ranger have a skill called focus evade. This allows them to avoid a skill or a spell. Assassins have two skills like this and they can continuously resist or dodge spells that you need, like fears. To avoid having your fears resisted or evaded you need to watch out for their buffs.

Most of the time, an inexperienced sin or ranger will use it at the beginning of the fight. You can get rid of this skill by using Erosion [​IMG]

Once their focused evade is gone, you can immediately start your rolls and CC your opponent. Because sins can stun lock you, you want to CC them before they get a chance to. In order to do this, you have to stun THEM. You'll want to do this by casting Chain of Earth / Stone Shock. [​IMG] / [​IMG] This will stun your opponent for a short time allowing you to eat their buffs, stack a couple of effects on them, and then Body Root. [​IMG]

Another fun skill to stack on top of Body Root is Root of Enervation [​IMG] The reason for this is simple. Body root lasts a mere 5 - 8 seconds while root of enervation lasts over 30s. This means that even if your opponent manages to heal past body root, they're still slowed and unable to properly lock you down with stuns or altered stats like knock down.

Once you manage to CC your opponent you can either go straight into using your fears, or you can stack a few DOT (Damage over Time) skills on them. This allows you to kite once they are released from their altered state, as well as fast cast skills like erosion and chain of earth without letting your opponent catch up to you and lock you down with stuns.

Choose your timing wisely.
    You don't want to be caught trying to cast fear with a gladiator rushing you while your shields are down. Take a moment to slow him down while you kite him. Disable him and while he's body rooted, or just plain rooted, THEN cast your fears or get your shields up. Once he's feared you can feel free to use those cast time skills. Don't use them while he's DPS'ing you though. That's a BAD idea... Get the heck outta there and let him try to chase you while you eat his buffs and slow him with chain of earth. Once you have some distance between you and him, go ahead and fear him.

Clerics are annoying. No matter how many dots you put on them, they can almost always heal their altered states. The best thing to do is to just fear them and DPS them until they come out of it. Hopefully you've hurt them enough to make them scrabble to heal their selves. IF they're spamming heal skills you can have an easier time stacking dots and getting ready for that next fear. Once you have all of your dots stacked on them you can fear them again and use Stone Scour to eat through their HP really quickly and finish them off before they can heal. If you like, before the fear effect ends you can silence them so that they can't heal at all. Just make sure you have enough DOT's on them so that it stays. Most of the time it doesn't matter. Somehow they're going to dispell your silence and start healing anyway and that 1.5s cast time would be better used on vacuum choke.

Spiritmaster is a complicated class. You're supposed to rely on CC's and DOT's more than outright DPS using vacuum choke and weaken spirit, but for the most part your duels will either be easy wins, or total nightmares. There is very little in-between where a duel drags out for a long time. If it does, you usually run out of MP faster than you can treat it, so try not to let that happen.

Also, don't forget to use your defensive abilities that your spirit provides. Sure, sometimes your shields seem a little OP and sometimes people make fun of you for using them, but the rule is... It's a skill... Use it. If people laugh at you for using the skill, that's fine. But is a spiritmaster REALLY a spiritmaster if they don't use their spirit? Wouldn't that make them more like a sorcerer? (albeit a shitty one)

Just use what you have and practice your rolls. If you keep losing, try to change what you're doing and see if something else helps. Don't get discouraged!

Maleficent and Snax like this.
  10. Snax

i hope some of them have forum account.. to see this :)

11. blockers1997

blockers1997 New Member

In-game Name: Zinbun
    Main Class: Cleric
    Sub-Class: None
    Forum Name: Blockers1997

i want to join your Legion :) Elyos

justnick001 likes this.
  12. OliverStylez

Thank you for your application.

I'll log in and we can chat if Teddy isn't on to accept your application.

Thyroid and blockers1997 like this.
  13. blockers1997

blockers1997 New Member

True Woman hahahahaha Don't me Kharmela

14. blockers1997

blockers1997 New Member

Thank you sir.. i'll wait for him :)

15. OliverStylez

https://www.facebook.com/jonluke.pless

Add my facebook if you want. I just found it again... Don't expect me to be on much... Crazy facebook people don't be sad if I don't re-post your stuff. I'm just not on a lot

Thyroid likes this.
  16. Nero

Can i add my own sentiments? lol, just another tip if you're dueling rangers and clerics, never ever ever lead the fight with bind or silence, always get 2 dots in front of it and the fastest way to that is with Magic implosion, Aegis breaker, Chain of earth + stun , then bind/ silence. Focused Evasion will only resist the Magic Implosion damage over time, but you will still have the Aegis breaker debuff and the chain of earth debuff on them so they wont be able to pot off bind.
    and Use Contract of resistance it will resist one magical attack whether it be their sleep arrow, silence arrow, their first stun, etc.
    And with clerics its the same way except you have to be able to kill them in 1 silence or (6-8 seconds)...If you are having problems getting a silence lock a good trick is to wait for them to start casting a longer cast time skill like Radiant cure then go for the lock , (Magic implosion , chain of earth, sigil of silence, or even just chain of earth, erosion sigil of silence will work) But you need to kill them fast which means using direct damage skills, start with, Vacuum choke, weaken spirit, summonin alacrity + summon cyclone servant, then soul torrent..and if that dont work try using infernal pain, cylone of wrath before it. :)

Maleficent likes this.
  17. OliverStylez

With clerics, the best way to handle them is by using fears so they can't kite while you DPS because they'll just run out of your range and wait for that 8s silence to finish.

You can use your AOE fear and lead with your hard hitting DoTs and then silence at the end. While they're figuring out that they're silenced, cast your normal fear. It has the longest cast time but you'll have plenty of time to get it off... Once they're feared again, just repeat the process. (Keep in mind they won't be silenced after this is over, so shackles will help you here. It increases their cast time by 50% so those big heals will take a LONG time to cast.) Once fear wears off, they'll be RUSHING to cast shields and insta heals. insta fear them before they get a chance to do this and hit them with stone scour and your other big skills, and pile on the dots again. If they aren't near death, just cast silence at the end of this again and let them freak out while your first AOE fear CD finishes... Then repeat until they're dead.

18. Nero

I'm still practicing my sm skills without using fears especially on duels. But with clerics, nah. Perhaps my rules are meant to be broken.

19. OliverStylez

You're given skills for a reason. That reason being balance. For the most part, the initial classes that were introduced into Aion are completely and totally balanced out. Each class has a specific counter class, and each class has its own set of skills that set it apart from the other classes.

Rangers have lots of stuns and sleeps and silences and blinds.

Assassins have the ability to stun lock and become completely invisible to all but their own class.

Sorcerors have incredibly high damage nukes that can kill most players in a few hits (If they're on equal terms equipment wise)

Spiritmasters have fears that lock down their opponents, and a spirit that they can use to absorb damage since they can't kill things as quickly as a sorceror. They need the extra durability.

The counter class of the spiritmaster is the assassin. They have stuns and silences and binds that can ruin a spiritmasters ability to react and get a fear off. The only way we can get around an assassins stun lock is by using our insta fear that we get from BEING stunned, and most of the time we can't use that because of aethertwisting and focus evade that sins have. Even if we used our insta fear, they'd just evade it and keep stun locking us. That, and the altered effects they apply to us stack, and keep us from potting their silence. It's just a nightmare if the sin is good.

There are currently two assassins that can kill me almost every time. One is Ragnark. (I still think he has a damage hack, but I can't prove it) and the other is DeeCee who is a fair to good assassin even though they're a total coward. I don't know why they run away so much when they actually make me have to use all of my skills to take them out when we engage. I think it's just because they're used to zerg combat and they rely on others to make up for their mistakes when they mess up a skill roll or lag. I'm not sure, but I wish they wouldn't run. I wish people in general wouldn't run from a 1v1. It's really lame.

Regardless, that's the basic layout for those two classes. Some people say that rangers are sorcs counter class and I agree, but it seems like a close fight in this server. Most of the time I see sorcs winning against rangers and not the other way around, and I'm not really sure why.

20. Zannova

Zannova Helwa Hayati <3 Forum Legend

Would you like to have group picture taking?