1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The New Shop Items and their cost

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrueSeph, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Okay, I understand you Carl are running the server, and you need money with keeping the cost of it. I know a few friends who run private servers as well. Although it did cost them money to do so, and they of course used donations as a way to help maintain their servers. However they were able to do so with less emphasis on large quantities of money cost.

I myself was actually looking into getting the new items, but when I saw the 2.5 credits needed to get just one piece, I started laughing then shook my head and said "No Thanks". Now, ABG armor just for the entire set is already $100 US dollars, so if you get 10 people to get full sets, then it totals $1000 dollars already. With the new sets its now $25 dollars, so it would cost someone $125 dollars if they were to plan and buy it.

If you just got one set+one weapon, that's already $150 dollars and with the new wings? $175 dollars, not even including jewels, and helm. If say you were to buy the jewel sets+helm+the new 2.5k credit wing too that's a total of $270 dollars! So are we saying that in order to get the new sets it will cost more then what you would have to pay for a PS3? Considering that a PS3 now a days runs at $230-250 dollars, and with $270 dollars, you could also buy a great graphics card from newegg. No offense, but I find this absolutely ridiculous.

What I suggest is that the Tac Sets should be the new $20/2k credits per piece as much as the ABG sets. You can even keep the ABG sets at $20 dollars if you like, while dropping the price of Masta sets because with the new Taloc set, the Masta sets are absolutely inferior to them, I would suggest $15 or 1.5k credits for them.

Because to me, this almost feels like an exploit of your community players rather then to try and give something modest. Even the 2k credits per piece is already a heavy payment, however now $25 now? Some people may make the claim that I'm saying all of this in order to simply make things super cheap, however that's far from it.

The #1 reason why you want to make the prices modest and attainable is that #1 More People will be willing to donate, and on the long run, you'll have more consistent donators, in which will allow you to generate money more consistently to the private server owner. I've seen this done before with incredible success, so it would come as no surprise if it worked here in Gamez too.

I'm curious what other peoples thoughts are about this, because talking in-game I'm not the only one who feels the prices for the new Tac sets are incredibly steep.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
    18 people like this.
  2. pTd

pTd Proficient

i was interested in new set and those fancy weps and plan to donate and get me some , but after i saw those's price . i hit cancel button . god demn , even cost more than abg ? oh common :/ !!!!!!!!

3. kyraamin21

kyraamin21 8=======================D Forum Legend

So true.....

4. Aegis

Aegis Guest

You think Carl isn't trying to make a profit from this server? My dear friend... o.o;

The donations ARE NOT going to support the server, rather his lifestyle instead.

Clear all notions of donations out of your mind, its merely a convenient "politically correct" term/avoidance of legal prospect term.

I actually think the price of ABG / the rest may go up if you want honesty.

9 people like this.
  5. Swampfreak225

Swampfreak225 Proficient

..i think it is not taloc It is TACs officer for you information!!but yep i agree to OP!!

6. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Of course I know that, but I'm just trying to put things into perspective and say that you can still make good bread even if you put it at a modest price, and most cases, you'll make even more so overall with greater consistency then if you were to blow them up to astronomical prices.

$25 for one piece is :sick:. It should be $20 just like the ABG sets, because with the fix of p.def to be more retail like (basically p.def is nearly useless in retail and in here now) I don't see how the new Taloc sets are going to be "better" then the ABG sets either considering ABG will have PvP def + the one extra slot.

You're right, my apologizes for the misspelling but I'm too tired to re-edit it atm.

7. Tankster

Tankster Expert

I'd pay 2k for a tac officer item but not 2.5k, agreed way too high.

8. therealpersonic

therealpersonic Proficient

On a good note: Athanas is priced at a decent price 8)

On topic though, bumping the prices over abg is stupid, only remo enthusiasts and collectors would bother.

9. izzabelle

izzabelle New Member

q.q's pff ..... well dont buy it if you dont want.-_- ask the president of the USA to do something about it

10. daax

daax - Forum Legend

Way too expensive. I'll stick with ABG lulz.

3 people like this.
  11. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Indeed.... but I ain't Carl. o.o

1 person likes this.
  12. therealpersonic

therealpersonic Proficient

I don't think you get it, OP's point was that, the pricing was silly.

Drop it down to 2k = more people would buy it, more profit for Carl. And to boot, people would be happy that they aren't paying more for something that's worse (in pvp) than ABG.

Call it a q.q thread, Imo, the OP has an idea of how a market works.

3 people like this.
  13. Swampfreak225

Swampfreak225 Proficient

..and if you dont want the price dont buy it Easy dont anymore scream and say " make the TaCs 2k" it useless it is a new item and it commonly we say rare that we can use it for the first time... Trololol!!

14. Uehara

Uehara イシ-サマ。(´ε` ) Forum Legend

You pretty much said it all.

When I saw Carl's post from someone's thread asking for a Summer Shop, promising people that he'll open a Summer Shop for all to make the waiting a little less, I really felt excited and really wishing to see TAC (which I think you mean when saying Taloc) items, Surama, etc.. I expected the items to be 2k VIP just like Forgotten Abyssal before yet in the end I was surprised seeing the OMFG price at 2500 Credits per piece. I was planning to donate yet had second thoughts at the very last moment. Now I can just send it and get credits but still not doing it since I'm clouded and can't see the point of having this item, much weaker than ABG items which is the superior type item in the server, and they said even weaker than E.Mastarius' items (except with conditioning system working, for sure it's much stronger but as of this moment, it's not and pretty much unpredictable when it will work) a lot expensive than the said items. D:

I know that they don't beg/push people to donate for this server. It's their own decision and will if they do so. It doesn't also mean they owe people the money they are giving because in the end they are giving items as an exchange. But as what you said, they should know how to take care of their donors. These people are the ones who put their trust on the server. Not all of these people are donating to help the server, most of the time it's their own desire for having all the awesome items in-game, even the black, bold tag. But to the point that they are staying, entrusted their money, gave money to this server - it's something. And this server can have it, continuous donors (same people, new people) if they know how to at least care for them.

They said VIP is just a recognition to donors who donated with this amount, and will not get any special attentions, they'll be treated same, etc., then why is it even called VIP (Very Important Person/People)?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
    5 people like this.
  15. izzabelle

izzabelle New Member

yah.. its OP.... im not gonna argue about this. Well for me its ok. Im not doing all the work on this server, No pressures and stuffs. Talking about the profit... Its all going to Carl? correct me if im wrong O_O

16. Plobmaster

Plobmaster New Member

I wanted to buy the TAC set , but when i saw the price i just said WTF HELL NO and hit cancel button. No way in hell that im paying that much for it.

17. nonoplow

nonoplow You Just Got Muffinized ! Forum Legend

Yehh it's really good price lol, it shocked me to see it costs barely, back then it costs way more xd

18. AlexTech

AlexTech New Member

Lol, do you think he cares about your pocket? He knows there will always be kid who ask daddy for money and daddy says yes. Selling a set makes his living already and to be honest i dont think mantaining a server is cost $10000 a month, so of course Carl is doing business here, with some donations for this shitty server he is already making money to buy donuts, sit on the sofa and do nothing but thinking about new updates to ruin the server even more. But that is just me...

3 people like this.
  19. Zee

Zee Banned

Imo, everyone who'd spend whether $20 or $25 on Tac parts is just plain retarded.

3 people like this.
  20. janico27

janico27 New Member

why instead of lowering the prize of TAC why dont he add more attributes on it like the ABG -.- lol im just new on aion i dont know if gm can change effects of items..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.