1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thon's Update Remedy for MODIFIED AION INSTALL LOCATIONS

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Rubyah, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

Good day everyone.

I am so happy to share this simple yet effective update guide of mine. Hoping it will be blessed by the good citizens of this realm.

Thanks!

Hint: If your AION Client was installed on its default location, it will be easy as a click to update it. However, if you modified the location of your AION installation folder (I mean, on a different local disk drive, partition or folder name) this guide will much help you guys.

Note: To start the UPDATE PROCESS , you'll need to uninstall your previous AION and NCSOFT Game Launcher program. (Make sure to MOVE or COPY your existing AION Client Folder on a different File Folder/File Location before UNINSTALLING Aion and NCSoft Game Launcher).

Follow the uninstall steps below:

Go to Start Button > Control Panel. Select your view type into Small Icons for you to be able to see all the Control Panel features. Open Programs and Features.
    [​IMG]

On the Program and Features window, find the Aion Program on the list and select it. Click Uninstall. An uninstall setup wizard will appear. Just select Uninstall on the setup wizard if prompted.
    [​IMG]

Next, find the NCSOFT Game Launcher and select it. Click Uninstall. An uninstall setup wizard will appear. Just select Uninstall on the setup wizard if prompted.

[​IMG]

THE UPDATE PROCEDURES

1. Set your folder options to see the common file extensions. Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types". Click Apply and click Ok.

2. Go to your Modified Aion Folder Directory. Rename your Old Aion Folder to; Aionxxx, Me111, You222, etc. of your choice. Now create a new folder within that Directory that name Aion (this will be the location where your "AionInstaller.exe" will be installed).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download and install "AionInstaller.exe" to the NEW Aion Folder that you have created (here we have D:\Games\Online Games\NCSoft\Aion).
    [​IMG]

After the installation, it will automatically download and install NCSoft Game Launcher to its default location (C:\Program Files\NCWest\NCLauncher). Make sure to know the exact install location of this launcher. Wait it to finish updating itself.

Now, it will prompt you to update or install AION and you must skip it. Close or Exit NCSoft Launcher and the helper on your system tray (located at the lower right side of the desktop near the time and date or usually called the notifications area).

3. Locate the installation folder of your current (NEW) NCSoft Launcher (usually: C:\Program Files\NCWest\NCLauncher) and find the file "NCLauncher.ini".
    [​IMG]
    Open it with notepad, you will see its “InstallFilePath” command was set on the default location (C:\Program Files\NCWest\NCLauncher\Download). You must overwrite it with your NEW AION File Location (the folder location that you have created lately).

4. Go to your NEW AION file location. Mine was D:\Games\Online Games\NCSoft\Aion. Replace the default file path of your current NCLauncher settings with that of your NEW AION File Location. Use copy and paste ( I know you have idea about it :p ).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    5. Save the changes you made on that “NCLauncher.ini” via Notepad. And close everyting (Waaahh! Except this GUIDE LOWWWLLL!!!!). :D:D:D

6. Open the Aion icon on your desktop that appeared after you have installed “AionInstaller.exe”. It is a shortcut by the way.

7. Now try to confirm the location of the filepath by clicking SETTINGS on the launcher.

[​IMG]
    And yes, it was changed to your NEW AION File Location. Click Confirm and close/exit the Launcher. Kindly add this next step for us to complete the update process without a problem.

8. Open your Old Aion Folder (mine was D:\Games\Online Games\NCSoft\Aion11 since we renamed it). Next, open your New Aion Folder (here we have D:\Games\Online Games\NCSoft\Aion) with a different explorer window.
    [​IMG]

9. I know, you guys knew already the process of moving files from one folder to another with a same directory. Select all contents of your Old Aion Folder (mine was D:\Games\Online Games\NCSoft\Aion11) and move it (drag and drop) to your New Aion Folder (here we have D:\Games\Online Games\NCSoft\Aion). If an action prompt window will appear, just select keep both files. Or, you can use COPY and PASTE.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, all the files are successfully moved from your OLD Aion Folder (mine was D:\Games\Online Games\NCSoft\Aion11) to your NEW Aion Folder (here we have D:\Games\Online Games\NCSoft\Aion).

Now, close everything and launch the Aion shortcut on you desktop and the NCLauncher will appear. Click update and your ready to wait.

After the update is done, you can now delete your Old Aion Folder since there are no more contents on that folder.

Make sure to repair your files using NCLauncher. Download and install GamezAion Launcher to connect.

Happy UPDATING everyone. I am glad to share these thoughts of mine to every AION Gamer. ^_^

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Cycles, Renaro, Dalila and 21 others like this.
  2. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

this deserves a sticky.
    i did the same thing way way back, and it worked.

Zipporah likes this.
  3. Rubyah

thanks a lot bro.....! :)o_O

4. Sougo

Sougo Katte ni my soul . . .

myrubywafa for gm! 3x..

5. Markmyword

Markmyword What are you looking at?!

no tnx

6. Saraph

Saraph New Member

Excellent, Thon0687 u "Rulez" ;):D

7. skyphantom8

skyphantom8 New Member

for what is this??

8. Rubyah

thanks ppls! BTW, I dun want to be a GM LOWLLLLLL! For God's sake.... nuuuuuuuuhhh! I had hard time with my work nowadays..... It will be really awful for that side of your dreamsssssss (no mine LOL! :p )

shuhada likes this.
  9. battlegrounds

battlegrounds New Member

thanks for the guide!!

Rubyah likes this.
  10. seantex

seantex Proficient

lol 1 guy here Askin what is this? Fajhar!! rocks! :D

Rubyah likes this.
  11. Rubyah

Thanks a lot bro!!!! ^_^

12. devilgauntz

devilgauntz New Member

its helped alot to others

13. Dominus1

Dominus1 New Member

Can i ask? When i'm saving new setting on .ini file.. Some will pop up and said access denied.. what should i do??

14. Rubyah

Can you add a screenshot of that POP-POP-UP of yours sir??? So that I can assess things clearly and for us to find solutions.....

15. Dominus1

Dominus1 New Member

This one sir.. Please help me how to fix it :(

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      206.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      158.2 KB
      Views:
  16. Googres

Googres GOOGRES & AIGIS Forum Legend

Nice guide, finally I can update my aion. Thank you...

17. Dominus1

Dominus1 New Member

How can i fix these please.... anyone can help????

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      206.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      158.2 KB
      Views:
  18. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

omg, u fail. good thing this was posted.
    hi btw sexiest sm with very-short shorts...

were the following open/running when u tried to edit and save/overwrite the .ini file?
    1.) Aion Launcher
    2.) NC Launcher
    if yes, make sure all of these are closed (not running) when u edit the .ini and save it. (when it is time for you save it after editing the path of the ini file, just close it directly, and a pop up will ask you if u want to save any changes and just click Yes. (simplest way)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  19. Rubyah

I sort this out.... Hmmnnn you don't have the administrator privilege to change this file using the your current windows account I think...... Make sure that your windows user account has the administration rights for the changes of that specific file......

20. Dominus1

Dominus1 New Member

Can u help me how please??