1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Witch skill - toxic flood

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Oscar007, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Oscar007

Oscar007 New Member

Bug Name:
    Witch skill
    Bug Description:
    skill E witch no damage.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    Pls fixed it T^T .

2. Carl

Carl Administrator Admin

the skill works fine, please add more information on your report
    Skill Name:
    Full Description of issue:

3. Oscar007

Oscar007 New Member

Can I reply here?

4. Oscar007

Oscar007 New Member

Look at my Video I'll show you skill E (Toxic Flood) No damage sometime

5. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

It doesn't work as it should.

(2.28)

The skill should do damage three times per second, for 7 seconds. Here on gamez it is slow and as mentioned, sometimes it doesn't do dmg at all.

6. Lina

Lina New Member

No, it shouldn't do damage 3 x per second. You inflict damage by hitting the target. It's damage over time. 100 every 3 seconds for 36 seconds. (on good hits)
    The 7 seconds you mention is the toxic green flood you see on the ground as effect. That one lasts 7 seconds.

Noyah likes this.
  7. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

by damage I meant Ticks. It should tick 23 times over the duration. I phrased it wrong

Second, you are also wrong on what you said. Toxic flood has 2 components: DoT (that you mentioned) and Ability damage, that's why it mentions 900% x 23. If it was just the damage over time (100 each 3 seconds - read 100, not 100hp), the skill would be useless. So stop thinking that Toxic flood is just a poison DoT, because it isn't. Actually it is a high damage ability (not burst damage though). You can literally close to 1 shot normal mobs with just it.

But yea, it happens that it sometimes does nothing when it should be ticking 3 times per second. Just checked this myself on retail.

8. Lina

Lina New Member

http://bddatabase.net/us/skill/2166/
    903% X 23 <- You inflict damage by hitting the target.
    Poison Damage of 100 inflicted every 3 sec. for 36 sec. on good 1 hit(s) <- DoT. 1200 per total.
    Not sure where I was wrong and I still don't understand why it should be ticking 3 times per second :/

9. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Are you just reading skill descriptions or actually looking at what the skill does?

If you put the skill down, you'll see it apply multipliers (crit, back damage) tons of times. That isn't the DoT, it's the skill's damage, tick by tick. The 903% x23 isn't instant damage, otherwise it would be one of the strongest bursts that witch has, as this is one of the skills with the highest base multiplier.
    Can you imagine 903% x23 almost instantly like other skills? It would be insane!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...someone_explain_toxic_flood_to_me_is_the_hit/

One thing that might be misleading you is the actual skills description. I remember when Awakening came out, the skill had a different description that honestly was better to understand.

I don't know if you interpreted me saying that it should do that damage while you have the poison without standing over the flood... Obviously it only ticks if you are standing over the flood, hence the mention, over and over, of the 7 seconds (the time the flood lasts). The DoT is a different thing.

10. Lina

Lina New Member

I think I understand now what you mean. You want to see this 903% X 23 damage differently animated on targets after hitting. You want to see the ticks. The animation itself might not be displayed like on retail but I still have the feeling the damage is there because the target takes visible damage with and after the hit, while the toxic flood is on the ground - which is also aggro'ing in PvE, together with slower but longer lasting damage from DoT. Uhm.. can you make a video and show me how the ticks (903% X 23 damage) look like on retail? Would be nice to see it in PvP as well.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  11. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

I actually made a video yesterday, but have it on my main computer. Will upload later. The ticks of damage (the 23 hits) work fine here. The skill is fine here, except *move to the last line of this post*

TFlood works like any other skill, really: hits you for X, Z Times. Poison DoT aside, the skill should hit you 23 times over the duration, if you stand on it.
    The thing is, and also as any other skills, you won't see it hit all those times unless you have 0 evasion (check the video vs dummies). PA did it well on having 1 skill have the damage divided in a number of hits, each hit affected by multipliers, evasion, etc. Adds alot more dynamic to the game.

Glad we have that aside. The bug, which I also have noticed, is that sometimes the skill does close to nothing even on low lvl mobs. This could be visual, could be geodata, could be alot of things.

12. Lina

Lina New Member

Phew, it took a few tries but now we have a common ground. :)

I honestly did not experience it recently but I believe you. It would be good if DEV's still check it and find the condition that sometimes stops this skill to work as it should. At least now they know where to look at.

Looking forward for your video.

13. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Sry for the quality, didn't even change options on OBS

Retail vid - LS and boss Alt:

Gamez Vid:

On any of the videos you can clearly hear the hits. As I mentioned, the skill will not be hitting every time because each hit takes in consideration accuracy/evasion.
    I still think that it is somehow clear that the skill is doing more damage on retail (probably due to +ap, multipliers or evasion/acc calculations).

I would honestly say that the issue here on gamez, with the bug, is due to geodata, but that's just a wild guess.

Lina likes this.
  14. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

I think i'm narrowing down this issue. Went to try it on some sheep today.
    Geodata seems to be influencing it and also seems that if a mob runs out and in the flood area he stops taking damage.
    Will test a bit more