1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aion requirements

Discussion in 'Questions' started by DarkWish, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshan

Joshan Proficient

Aion is a lag-fest those recomended nsoft system reqs only apply b4 the 2.5 update i think .. more graphics features have been added over time so u need higer end stuff, i have 3ghz x2 procesor 4gb ram ssd drive and 1gb 550 core clock video card and all graphics in minimum when asmo zerg suprises me .. game freezes for 1-5 seconds, its also bad for pvp cuz u cant see how many ppl u'll be fighting with low graphx and even fighting 3 rangers lag me when they come out of hidding near me.. theres pretty decent stuff out there to buy a new pc.. i use tigerdirect for parts; Amd 3.60 ghz 8 core procesor for just 280$ .. i mean come on ! i7 of same specs cost 700$ why u ppl always go for i7s...in my expecience intel's and amd's always performed equally, then get some ssd for faster speeds and throw out of the windows ur HD, get 2 cards on SLi or crossfire X.. tho Sli brings more FPS however they cost more and have more version limitations, some cool 4gb rams of 2 ghz speed.

2. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

Lag due of all the network from the emulator and all those trillions of leaked objects in the code which is eating the whole memory. POSSIBLY

I don't know anything about Aion anymore, concerning this anyway. Last time I did/cared to research shit like this was back in 2.0. Stuff probably changed a lot, but it could still be a possible problem.

3. ghost521

ghost521 Lucent's name is Jeremy

Aha, memory leak, now that's something I've forgotten.

Rift beta was such an ass.

1 person likes this.
  4. Elianne

Elianne ♡ Lumiel Slave ♡ Forum Legend

Yes, and I'm missing the point you're trying to make..?

5. ghost521

Answered above, yo.

Yoyos.

6. Elianne

Oh, missed that page. My bad.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that you do need more than a standard laptop to enjoy "smooth" gameplay. My point was that the issue of "aion lag" isn't just the server, a large part of it comes with what rig you're playing on. All the memory leaks/source code (I don't really know about any of that) may play a part in it, but the reality is if you have a decent enough PC it isn't really a problem.

7. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

Here's my "standard" computer that I got like 1-2 years ago, only thing that's changed is the graphics card. Retail runs like a charm on maxed out settings with shadows off, but here on Gamez I have to run it on medium-ish.

[​IMG]

A server sided problem cannot be fixed by the consumers hardware, it's literally IMPOSSIBLE.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  8. Elianne

How is it "impossible" if I can run the game perfectly fine with my previously mentioned upgraded "consumers hardware"? I think you're missing the point that the OP said "money is not the problem". Hence, all he needs to run the game smoothly is a decently built computer with the right components.

[​IMG]

9. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

Just.. never mind..

[​IMG]

10. ghost521

What Genocide is trying to say is: due to coding inefficiencies/errors, Aion on gamez eats up performance a lot more than on retail, hence her comparison between the two.

It's bound to happen, when on one hand is an elite group of developers and coders that get paid heftily by NCsoft, and on the other is a group of self-funded developers.

1 person likes this.
  11. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

I commemorate you for having A LOT more patience/tolerance than me.

12. ghost521

It's too cold outside for me to be mad at anything. Except for that SexOrDie guy.

Gosh, I hate him. FUS.

13. Elianne

Thank you, Ghost, however I did understand the point Genocide was trying to make.

Unfortunately it seems that she refuses to recognize that I understand what she is arguing, and is continuing to ignore the fact that I'm also trying to make a point. She chooses to reply in a condescending manner, giving the impression that I don't. Oh well.

14. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

It's hard not to sound condescending when the person you're trying to explain something to keeps acting like they understand, when they don't.

Also, I'm a guy. ._.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  15. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

i run aion in an old sony vaio atm ;p with intel graphic card lol

16. DarkWish

DarkWish New Member

Yep money is not the problem,and about the lag ! When i play on Siel i lag so much that i even cant play,but when i am on Lumiel i dont lag much...I will be buying computer this week..so i will tell you guys what i bought ^^

17. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Latency has nothing to do with game lag and game lag has nothing to do with latency. In short,nevermind what the requirements say,we have played aion and what we know is that you need a good pc in order to play smoothly without game lag. The OP is talking about game lag (graphic lag) and not about latency. So stop confusing him.

1 person likes this.
  18. Elianne

Sorry, Ghost referred to you as "she" so I assumed you were a girl.

I did understand the differences between retail and private server that you were trying to illustrate. I assumed you didn't really need me to explicitly state "yes I understand _____, however..." -- because the whole reason this thread exists is because the OP wants to know what he needs for "smooth" gameplay.

Hence I continued in his direction, not yours.

19. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

I understand what you're trying to say, but that has nothing to do with private server emulators. You're smarter than most women I've met when it comes to hardware, but you're only going to have the same processor as the computer that the server is being hosted off of.

20. Elianne

Fair enough, there's only so much I can guess when it comes to the actual breakdown of how the game runs, and you're much more knowledgeable in this area than I am xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.