1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Idea about leveling

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gram, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gram

Gram New Member

Hello,
    I have this idea, that after creating a character and logging in there could be a survey asking players if they want to lvl up by themself or go instantly to lvl 60 like it used to be. Well leveling (eventhough its super fast here) is boring mostly for everyone I have spoken with. And I don't see any point in staying at low lvls since everything is happening only for lvl 65 players.

Or at least we could get some equip as we are leveling (like its on retail).
    Example : you hit lvl 25, here is your weapon http://aiondatabase.net/en/item/100900852/
    you hit lvl 40 here is your 40e set
    ^ Something like that would be nice for new players

Eupp, eamro and pajkec2031 like this.
  2. pajkec2031

pajkec2031 Proficient

I agree with this guy :D for a newbie is hard to lvl up atm... at least spawn lvl 1 chars equipped with lvl 60 gears like it was some time ago...

Titan likes this.
  3. Titan

Titan Chillax

i stuck at lvl 55 , dunno how to hit 65
    help me tomorrow Tino :p

Robina likes this.
  4. pajkec2031

pajkec2031 Proficient

Sure :D Just /w me and i'll get u to 65 xD

5. Bambieundies

Bambieundies ╥▌Funeral Director▌╥

Is it hard or boring? Which is which? anyways, we had to level up before by questing but there was free fly. hehe xD

6. Eupp

Eupp New Member

I think there's no purpose to start at level 10. When you're leveling your are most likely playing alone. But I'll say that it is very easy to level, just don't think it's necessary.

solarjung likes this.
  7. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

There is. Instant level 60 took features away from the game, making us unable to obtain certain items that we could only obtain by being on a lower level, tokens being the number one example.

I personally hate leveling since I can't be bothered questing even for 30 minutes after 5 years of playing the same game and going on the same questline to level, but I support the idea of starting normally from zero and leveling your way through 60 because if you weigh the complaints we have with starting from zero and starting from L60, the latter generates way more. Think of it like this: If the server takes you from the beginning and asks you to level up yourself, there will be players who will complain that they can't bother leveling, but if they spend one single hour on it then ta-da, they'll hit max level and stop complaining. But if the server makes you L60 instantly, there will be players who will complain that they can't access features or items in the game that they can only access from a lower level. And how will these complaints go away? They won't, as long as the server makes new players L60 instantly, cause they cannot overcome that feature.

It's better to have complaints about people who are lazy to spend an hour leveling, than people who want to access certain features in the game or acquire certain items and they cannot, just because instant L60 does not permit them to do so.

solarjung, Hiatus, Eupp and 1 other person like this.
  8. Eupp

Eupp New Member

I had no idea there were this items that could only be obtained by a low level o_O

9. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Well, let's say that there are organizations that give tokens, that you cannot join after you pass a certain level. Or instances you cannot join after you pass a certain level.
    So yeah, we were missing quite a few things by having it instant L60, things that are not worth missing just because we're lazy to spend an hour leveling up :p

solarjung and Eupp like this.
  10. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

The guy is right though. Why don't we bring back the surveys now that there's no insta 60?

Eupp likes this.
  11. pajkec2031

pajkec2031 Proficient

How about a boosted quest with crazy amount of EXP?? One was "bugged" that way in the past so i think is not hard to reproduce it if u fixed it than... So ppl can chose if they want to go lvl the normal way or take that one boosted quest to hit 65.
    (For me is easy to lvl up and all....but for somebody new is hard...and most of them just want to try more classes before they find the right one to play....and lvl up like 6 chars is rly rly borring xD)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.