1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

3440x1440 win7 display driver has stopped responding and has automatically recovered

Discussion in 'Problems' started by wilaw1115, Oct 31, 2018.

1. wilaw1115

wilaw1115 New Member

I recently wanted to go around places to take SS in full resolution and have encountered this bug. Game works perfectly fine in 1920x1080 windowed. But when I switch to 3440x1440, either full screen, full screen window OR window mode, my nvidia kernel driver would crash and recover after 10-20 seconds. It crashes randomly around from 10-30 seconds into the game. The game would recover and then freezes again and repeat. I've updated the nvidia drivers to the most recent one, uninstalled and reinstalled it with DDU but the problem still persists. I'm using a 1070 on stock settings. I could play in 3440x1440 a couple patches ago (maybe 2 months ago) and everything was fine.

Are there anyone else encountering the same/similar problem?

2. Thakker

Thakker New Member

If DDU does not fix it, most probably it is your powersupply. Usually is related to GPU power delivery. Try and borrow a PSU from someone first.

P.S., I am also on a 3440x1440, no code related crashes as of yet. Most of my "crashes" were net disconnections and NOT gpu driver stopped working stuff.

3. wilaw1115

wilaw1115 New Member

I've never considered my PSU being the problem. I was thinking it's probably my 1070's slowly dying but I'll have them both tested. Thanks for the input!