1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Quality Enhancement Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SinsOfSeven, Nov 9, 2018.

?

Do you want the endgame gatekeepered for serious players

1. Yes, I think we should limit the end game content for serious players.

16.7%
  2. No, I thought this server was suppose to be a place where I could play BDO, AND have fun

83.3%
  1. SinsOfSeven

SinsOfSeven New Member

Something that has always bugged me about BDO's enhancement system is the line of red text next to the cron stone check box.
    Enhancement Level MAY decrease when Enhancement Fails.
    As a Private server, I feel like there could be a way for the staff to tune this to reflect what it says. Rather than, "If you're really lucky, your item won't downgrade".
    I understand that changing this would make enhancing a joke, and with the recent changes to the servers balance being more on the grindy side this wouldn't help.
    But why should it be harder? The people who have been playing longer will always be at the top, but isn't the point of this server to take away some of the frustrations of the retail game? When I started playing here, I was so happy that i could catch up to where I was in no time. And in the end, its still the enhancement system that is holding me back. Sharps and Hards feel just as bad to grind for and even with premium the enhancement system feels just as merciless. Sure I'm already lvl 64, and thats no small feat in retail, but in retail you'd have atleast tri/boss tet/green gear by about that point so you can do the lvl 64 content. It's really upsetting that the gear is still the limiting factor on this server.
    So, yea increasing the rate of this mechanism would make it super easy to get higher enhancements, but do we really need to be limiting new players? I've spent a fair amount of money on this server already because I was having fun and felt like I was making alot of progress. But now it feels like I'm exactly where I was when I stopped playing retail. Why limit me? So I can't play the end game? That's all I wanted to do when I started and I assumed I'd get there in about a month. Enough time to be serious, but not so long I'd be done with the game before I get there. I'm just frustrated. I know the rates are better in enhancing, I feel okay getting to duo, but Tri and up has proved to continue to be my bane.
    2018-11-09_116151955.JPG

2. BannanV2

BannanV2 New Member

it's already super easy to enhance here l0l.
    Just Remember Tri > TET > Pen have almost the same chance to enhance here :)

3. DNTK

DNTK Getting there

You can get full pen armors and weapons in around 3-4 weeks of "afk serious gaming". Don't waste stacks on shit items, don't overstack on useless tri. Just collect stacks and use it for pens, it's too easy already. (if u have premium ofc LUL). Also you can get your stacks now and wait 2 weeks for enhancing event.
    Fail stacks aren't meme here, you can check exact chances: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-iVonLVkNLoLHeEwtYF49hxQDc/edit#gid=124787748

4. Spawn9999

Spawn9999 New Member

when will the event be?

5. DNTK

DNTK Getting there

2 weeks from now