1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Buyable/Easier to obtain Journal & Title Completion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Inyalga, Jun 20, 2022.

?

Have a means to buy Journals And Titles off the Webshop or Via kolkcoin or another way

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Yes but maybe a little bit different (Please if you could explain below that would nice)

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Just Buyable Titles

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Inyalga

Inyalga New Member

The thread name is simple i have this issue where alot of journals are locked behind things that are not commonly done as result of the gamez progression system
    and journals are so integral BDO as a whole i wish there was an easier way to get them in the game outside the rigerous and tedious chores they have us do

The simplest form would be to just busy journals from Webshop as an item you can take and read or something but if thats too pay to win/cheap then the ability to unlock journal books with kolkcoin...

Similar to that i had the idea of having option to either use Kolcoins or Webshop points to buy titles some titles are also hidden behind events or classes etc and it would be cool if you could just have a cool name next to yours. Titles are pretty inconsequential to gameplay they just are cool pieces of text meant to symbolise what you have done but unless you look at bdo codex or scroll the linear not so well navigated journal entry you dont even know what it means.. You cant even view other peoples profile so i dont think it would harm the game to be able to buy your favourite titles makes the game just a bit more fun and immersive to be in

Don't you think

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  2. Jonny

Jonny New Member

stop being lazy and go do it, i know alot of people who completed these journals in a day

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hmmm, no need to be so "direct" (rude) @Jonny :p

I always like when new suggestions are made, and I would like to point out, that having a [Vote] added to the title, might bring it more attention.

Now about the Journals, I added the quote above, because it seemed strange to me, that you think there is a difference, to how we get Titles and Journals here on GamezBD, than you would if you were playing on the Retail-BDO-servers?

Inyalga likes this.
  4. Inyalga

Inyalga New Member

I feel that's a very dis ingenious way of looking at my claims/suggestions a lot of people have gripes with the journals and for lack of better words the journals are poorly designed regardless of if you find them easy to do or not. They are extremely tedious and bad to do to.. Many times journals have you doing things which you have already done through out your time of playing the game but require you to do them understand a specific obscure npc or do it again because the game cant count your previous actions as you already knowing the game

Some journals are time gated and some are behind badly designed or buggy npcs like its really not fun

if you can pvp to unlock the journal books for extra DP and health (Pilgrim steps, yinaros light books etc) then i should have just as simple of a means to complete my journals especially when they are of the same gains

loboram likes this.
  5. Inyalga

Inyalga New Member

No i dont think that there is a different where did you get that idea from? which line so i may elaborate?

6. loboram

Naah, don't think there are any differences. But that's why I asked...

7. Inyalga

Inyalga New Member

its the same as retail but the issues are more on gamez alot of the resources needed to complete alot of the journals are dependant on the meta input of the server market items, some group events or bosses being killed etc

In retail this is abundant but on gamez because players dont care for the nieche functions of the game it makes completion alot more tedious

but honestly at the very least buying titles would be fun

loboram likes this.
  8. Slade

Slade New Member

you wish.

9. loboram

Yeah, I would have to agree, that there are some hurdles here on GamezBD, that you might be able to surpass Much quicker/better when playing on the Retail-BDO servers.

However, as you said so yourself; "Meta-gaming" (or call it what it is: Mainstream-gaming) is the Real problem. Because Some players get it into their heads, that there is Only-one-way-to-play, then a LOT of the game content, is just left without being used at all. I can see and understand, that this is an issue, BUT should it really open the doors, to Even More Pay-To-Win content here on GamezBD?

I mean the Whole point of the original game concept, created by PearlAbyss, was that this game would be a nearly endless Action-Combat-Open-World-RPG. So the format was, that progression was going to be SLOW. That everything you gained in-game, was a testament to how hard you had worked for something, and not just how much money you have, to spend on computer games, right?

I have recently returned to the Retail-BDO server, in order to test various things, in comparison to how they function here on GamezBD. The most unreliable thing I found, was the "supposed" high-drop-rate, which Some players here on GamezBD keep saying, which is an utter lie. Also the progression in general, leveling, life-skill drops, and just the whole idea, that Retail is somehow a better BDO, is just ludicrous.

Pearl-Abyss made sure, that players HAD to spend money, in order to "keep up", and those who do not spend money, are SO helplessly far behind, that they will not get near the end-game PvP in more than a year. Yeah, I assume that they are mature adults, with real-lives to live, that are much more important than a mere computer game.

I like the basic idea, making more things available to players here on GamezBD, However the Titles, And the Adventure Journals, are an aspect of the game, where you actually HAVE to play the game, and invest some time and effort into getting them. It would just make most of the game-play seem empty and pointless, once GamezBD starts "selling out" the basic premise, right?