1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tuvala gear conversion question

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Vaeller, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Vaeller

Vaeller New Member

Hello. After following a helpful suggestion to read a guide on how season graduation works from ingame chat, I assumed that seasonal Tuvala gear would get auto-converted after season end like it does on retail. Big whoopsie. Is there no way to get it back now? Thank you.

P.S. As a suggestion, putting a reminder to do manual graduation in the maintenance/season end announcement would have been amazing. It only takes 5 seconds to type.

2. Mercerviral54

Mercerviral54 New Member

I also was unaware that the Tuvala gear would not be auto-converted...That sucks...

Kizumii likes this.
  3. jbone665

jbone665 New Member

Once a season ends it is done, any seasons gear gets fed to the staff and they get their quarterly feast.

As an alternative you can google bdo narchillan and https://grumpygreen.cricket/narchillan-gear/ has a good write up on it. Do keep in mind the weapons exchange was done in Feb of this year and I think the server is somewhere around Dec of last year so that won't be an option until a new patch goes live but it is a decent baseline armor/weapon set to fill the gap.

marsseven and Vaeller like this.
  4. Vaeller

Vaeller New Member

Thank you for the reply, it is most unfortunate. I have better gear on my main and a set of narcillan armor in the bank, but I intended to use tuvala on alts. Don't know why devs expect people to know it will get deleted without any warning, pretty much everyone I spoke to lost their gear on their first season to this. I expected it to either get auto-converted like it should or be like oasis gear, where it stays in your inventory but is unusable so you can convert it, not outright deleted.

Kizumii likes this.
  5. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

As you can see here, it wasn't because ALL Tuvala gear was deleted, at the end of the Season. It was Only the players, who didn't finish the Season Graduation, whom were affected.

I know that the Guide I referenced, Grumpygreen, wasn't in concurrence with the current Season+ here on GamezBD. That was my bad, I didn't know that the information, from Season to Season, would be that different.

I do feel for the players, who just started playing right before the end of the Season+, that they didn't have enough time to either Graduate at the end, or do the Early Graduation, before the end of the Season. However, in the defense of the GamezBD staff, the notice was posted about a week before the actual end, both on the Telegram Channel, and here on the Forum: https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/seasons-end-date.240676

Attached Files:

6. Vaeller

Vaeller New Member

I believe I stated it before, but the notice didn't mention that unlike retail, gamezdb requires manual graduation to not have your gear deleted, whereas on retail you gear gets auto-converted at the end of season regardless of whether you've finished season pass or not.
    Mentioning that requirement in further announcements would ensure that players who have just started season character will no longer lose their gear and pester administration with "can I have my gear back" at least 20% less often. (Like, let's be fair, lots of people miss it, but at least then you can say "we told you so")

P.S. I did check that thread btw, and, ironically, there's a suggestion to not graduate there, so I'm not sure it's the best example

loboram likes this.
  7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello and welcome to the GamezBD Forum, hope your stay with us will be an enjoyable one. I recommend that you read the Server, and Forum rules.

For future reference, when using the GamezBD Forum; Please ALways make a forum search before posting a new thread, or reply, since it is Highly likely, that the thread has already been posted And answered.

https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/seasons-end-date.240676/
    https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/update-8-01-2022-wheres-my-tuvula-gear.240759/
    https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/season-ended.240783/

So, Nope, Kolka isn't (as far as I know) going to "cave-in", to the demands of a few players, who didn't know about the Season+ 2021, posted here in the Forum: https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamezbd-season.239832/

8. Vaeller

Vaeller New Member

I mean, let's be fair, I'd rather have actual meaningful changes rather than them wasting time on coding auto-conversion. Just put the "Remember to graduate your character before the end of the season" on loading screen tooltip and people will memorize it just as well as "If you game crashes, clean client cache"

9. Vaeller

Vaeller New Member

Please do not confuse people who might find this thread in the future. There is no auto conversion and no mail-in compensation if you do not manually graduate. One time it happened due to abrupt season end and graduation issues that caused GameZ to give out season end rewards to all seasonal character as well as some bonus items. That was not a normal occurrence.

loboram likes this.