1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Special Deals [discussion]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by blueskies, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueskies

blueskies New Member

It seems this is a big issue lately. Apparently on the September 10th patch (or a week or 2 before), a feature was added that auto sold all items on a server restart, that were in special deals. This is great, because playing anything but solo in BDO is a hit to your exp/income. It encouraged people to actually play with others. Also good, because everyone just horse trains or lifeskills afk for their money. I feel it encouraged more people to grind and populate the map.

I grinded for a few hours on monday (because I was told it was the best thing to do now) and got roughly 100-250 million silver per hour (some say some spots were 300-400m), and was looking forward to grinding it more on the weekend when I had more time. Moreso, because solo-ing on gamez at anywhere but aakman/hystria/crescents is pretty much useless, as forbidden books, scrolls, stones, most gold accessories, and blue accessories pretty much NEVER sell on the market. This has been made worse because those items are near dirt cheap because of the change to special deals that was apparently done with a ninja-nerf on last night's patch.

I'm not saying my suggestion is better, I'm posting here to see if more people can chime in and we can get it balanced decently. I'd rather it be like this, where GRINDING in black desert is actually the best way to make money because you have to fight other players to do so. Not just afk horse train or in the house of a city.

Anyway, maybe keep the prices as they were at 100% so people can still somehow manage to sell in the regular market, but instead just tweak the money WE the players get at server restart, if possible? Example, say someone grinds somewhere and would get 200m from special deals in that hour. Maybe a % somewhere in 60-80 so it's still equal or better than the other things to do in the game? Getting 100-150m instead or something that way it's still beneficial but not too inflated.

Owari, Chiroko, Boop and 3 others like this.
  2. Cloudyrider

Cloudyrider New Member

Agreed, this is also giving a huge advantage to older players since now newer players have a harder time gearing up.

YouWOTm8, Dulka and totti911 like this.
  3. kenpache

kenpache New Member

The problem is, most accessory's don't sell, and it takes weeks for high value stuff like enhanced boss gear to sell as the source of income on the server is limited to certain methods such as; Gathering, horse training, Cresents or Tungrad accessory's grind. I am not new to the server, been playing for just about a year with breaks inbetween, I have enough gear to compete with hard cap players so I am not speaking on my behalf as I don't really need silver anymore, but It takes months for a new starter to get to a competitive level of gear and even then the certain grind spots are always contested by players who are soft or hard capped gear leaving new players struggle to find ways to make silver at a decent rate. still the special deals feature got introduced which gave new players a chance to catch up and buy their gear from the old players who enhance boss gear to PEN and sell them but when the nerf hit the special deals, it became just as slow of a grind as grinding memory fragments for money, at the end of the day most players want to PvP as soon as possible but instead have no choice but to grind contested spots and face the harsh reality that they have no chance at PVP for a long long time. I want players to catch up, its not fun PvP when you know the enemy have 0 chance against you

4. Dulka

Dulka New Member

There should be tought a medium deal where people who does SD doesnt get his main income super nerfed but also doesnt get the exagerated amount of silver it was. Something about 45-50% instead of the 25% that we have now.

5. YouWOTm8

YouWOTm8 New Member

They basically made solo grinding even less viable since it would be absolutely ludicrous to even try to sell anything in the marketplace now when you can get a 1/5 discount buying it in special deals. They have to remember that not everyone has a friend to party grind 24/7. Solo grinding has always been absolutely horrible but the armor stones would make it just barely bearable but that isn't even viable anymore. The marketplace is becoming more and more useless apart from buying your TET/PEN gear. Finding a partner can be very difficult at times. I duo grinded for 2 hours at pirates and made ~60m in special deals busting my butt sacrificing my xp in hopes to make a bit more money (you can easily make 30m/ hour in retail which makes this very very meh). I'm really torn with this... It almost seems like you can't do anything anymore. You don't have the incentive to duo grind (specially with all the pking that goes with that) and you'd have to be crazy to solo it since literally nothing sells in the marketplace anymore. It's been half a day and there are already 8,000 black armor stones in the market... I don't see this working out. They keep making the gap between new players and veterans wider and wider. Literally the reason why people quit retail to play this. I’d rather see everyone be PEN than stop new players from coming into the game.

totti911, Dulka and Cloudyrider like this.
  6. Kharash

Kharash New Member

I just got 3 friends from retail over here to GamezBD and one of my main arguments to play this server was, that party playing is actually rewarding here. We were very sad when we found out that this has just been changed as we arrived.
    I really hope these changes will be reverted. Right now i just feel like theres no chance for us to catch up to the higher level players.
    In my opinion the main focus on a game, and especially a private server, should be fun.
    If you want to make progression harder u can just base that around the new caphras stones or something. But please do not limit new players ability to catchup to the high-end geared people.
    Sorry for my english :)

7. Kirigg

Kirigg New Member

That change at SD really breaks all the community toughts that: GameZ keep the party together inthe way that retail don't do... but now... is pretty useless to grind 6 hour to get like 250M? If this going be like this rather play retail and make money on trade then... ridiculous... @Kolka @Noyah @Carl Could just pronounce about this question cause... really break all community toughts on server. If you guys are thinking that more money > easy gear > players got tired of being PEN; you are all wrong. The server was created to enjoy everything we can not enjoy in retail, yes? How i need to farm 1 year to get "competitive"... is bullshit, later the server just going into a retail like.

8. Boop

Boop Proficient

It's not even worth to special deals Nagas or Fogans for Seraps or Ancient Scrolls now.. It got bad after Capotia Necklace, now it's just worse. Those places after Capotia Necklace were salvageable only because special deals still sold off the Seraps at a decent price. Now the only place really worth grinding now in light of this nerf on special deals is Gyfin because for some reason special deals do not work there.

9. finalgamer

finalgamer New Member

Would love to see that getting reverted

10. Chiroko

Chiroko New Member

I think they just need a way to balance the outcome of Specialdeals. 300m per hour was way to much but 25% is way to less... Duo grinding was such a good way to find new friends and grind together.

11. Luckylooser

Luckylooser New Member

pls old rates for sd. capotia destroy much farmspots for solo grinding all go cresent atm only good place atm but 4 channel for all player there farm on this is not enough with fucking prison. pls let us the old sd selling prices.

12. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

We already investigated possibility to return last week special rate but its impossible to use high rate + reset autobuy, so we need choose: current sd minimal price and autobuy on server reset, or disable server reset autobuy but increase minimal price for special deal, in this case only players will buy this item.
    No another way, statistic show last week everyday more and more players come to special deal on this very high rate and its become bad for perfomance and create lag with risk of losing data (rollbacks etc). This game was not designed to spam special deals so high on x10 rates so thats reason, sure we can buy x4 servers and make it retail like 1 server - 1 channel but it will cost same like retail and for this need add pen items to webshop, remove auto gift pearl to players and in result we will have another game but with special deals what u asked. For now we desicde just optimise special deals to prevent all what i listed above. Stop gift pearls, sell pens in web and buy many servers for support this new type of game with this sd rates what u ask - only one way to implement it.

NorifumiAde, Boop, Umariya and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.