1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Incentivise solo grinding

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rizz, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Rizz

Rizz New Member

So I'm a bit of a soloer, casual player and not played retail for too long so treat me as a beginner. I find it quite worrying how inefficient solo grinding is, especially when you start out it feels almost like unless you have a friend to play with, you can play during peak gaming time with or know the game really well and how to obtain money elsewhere, you're kind of screwed but even then your progress is much slower.

At present, it takes me roughly 15 minutes to fill in my inventory with well, gear that costs 200-400k and many would consider 'junk' that needs throwing away. However, this is an invaluable income for a lot of players and I certainly find it almost pointless to grind solo as you will end up throwing money to the trash can.

Here's my plea, please incentivise solo grinding somehow, by either allowing players to sell the junk drops outside of the marketplace or allowing a system similar to SD to exist for solo grinding. I don't have a solution here, it's simply a suggestion I'm making to get a change in place.

To sum up in points, why I think the change is needed:
    • New and solo players have to throw away items, making grinding an extremely ineffective way to make money
    • In newbie friendly spots like helms, manes or even sausans, the drop frequency makes solo grinding truly ineffective
    • Items collected through solo grinding either can't be sold due to SD or the marketplace won't take any more due to the submission limit
    • Premium filter doesn't provide a solution - there is no difference whether you throw items away, or don't pick them up in the first place
    • Asking people to just 'do SD' isn't a solution either, sometimes SD just isn't possible due to other commitments, unsociable playing hours, no guild etc.
    I think if a solution was good, adding this as a premium feature would massively increase the sales of premium.

@Kolka

MrJLJL, OMEGAWLH and Boop like this.
  2. Rhitz

Rhitz New Member

yeah after reading your points it kind makes sense. I agreed with you now, it does suck for people starting if they don`t have much knowledge of bdo. I was arguing with you only seeing my point of view. For a new guy its really bad, my friend is even complaining about it too. He can`t play because he gets full every 5 minutes and its so annoying to delete items 1 by 1 that he said he is going back to retail.

3. Rizz

Rizz New Member

I think new and inexperienced players are hit the most by this and will quickly get turned off - my friend did anyway because he couldn't see the point in grinding like this.

Those who are experienced will find multiple ways to get money, they will also be efficient in spending money, do the right things to progress quickly and once you're at higher GS, the issue isn't as huge anymore I suppose? But for those inexperienced and new, it's a bit of a nightmare...

4. SeaMob

SeaMob New Member

solo grinding is already better then SD if you farm at the right places lol. Why do you need to make solo grinding better when it's already one of the best ways to make money. Group grinding has been nerfed too the ground so I don't see your point.
    1. That's why there's a premium filter.
    2. That's why there's a premium filter.
    3. You're not suppose to be grinding at helms/manes/sausans for armor pieces to sell anyways, most people just melt them down. You make your money from getting those mats to enchant.
    4. Premium filter is the solution, you don't know what's good to hold onto (I'm not going to tell you) and you probably don't have a inventory space to grind efficiently.
    5. Complaining about SD being the solution when solo grinding has been better than SD for the last month shows that you're ill experienced and don't have a proper understanding of the game.
    Buffing solo grinding will make it even harder for you to grind because people with 500gs+ will want to hold down the spots only noobs can grind.
    The problems that stems from new players having a hard time is due to the fact that most of them aren't going to put in the time to look for the best way to make money. And most people aren't going to lend a helping hand anyways unless you're in a guild. If you're planning to play this game completely solo while new and expect to find the best money making spot ever without the help of others. You're daydreaming, look for a group of people willing to help you (Guilds). It really just sounds like you want the server to be easier for you and other lazy players, but the server is already incredibly easy and has everything at your disposal to get full pen gear(excluding accessories ) in 2 weeks. You just need to know how to use your time wisely.

5. Rizz

Rizz New Member

Actually, this shows your lack of understanding and reading comprehension more than anything else.

When I say premium filter isnt a solution to throwing items away and you say it is, you simply dont read with understanding. You are STILL throwing items away, is that the game's design?

Tell me oh might knowledgeable user, beginner friendly spots for solo grinding. Skeletons? Manshas? You literally gave no solution here other than saying absolute nonsense. Not to mention I never said I want to buff solo grinding or saying that SD is a solution but then again, it just shows your lack of basic reading comprehension.