1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How to deal with Player Killing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

GamezBD is a private server, made primarily to avoid the toxic and shaite atmosphere of the Retail game, once again I do have to point out that games are made to have fun.

This means that all players on GamezBD decide how the community should work and in the spirit of taking distance to the Retail version of doing things, we should do our best to end the meaningless notion of: "This is MY grinding spot" There is NO SUCH thing!

First of all this is a MMO game (see above for definition of game), and in being a MASSIVELY Multiplayer Online game it cannot be possible to reserve a spot in the game world and just call it yours because it is NOT. It is NOT Your game, nor is it Your server, nor is it Your sandbox to behave like a moronic egocentric child.

So please let us ALL come together and just SHAME players when they start this sort of bullshaite. Playerkilling without any provocation, even when trying to be nice as well as polite and talk things over first, is not FUN. It is indeed what constitutes as interferring with another players gaming experience which is against the rules of the server.

So in the future when you come across PK'ing arseholes just do not attack them but follow them around and talk to them, using either General chat or Whispers (if they are running around a lot), tell them that it is not okay to behave like that here on GamezBD, if they want that sort of behavior then they should go play on Retail. If they start giving you the runaround tell them again that this is NOT Retail, and therefore it is NOT the same, we can and WILL report you if you do not stop.

That usually solves the problems.

RevelationsOn likes this.
  2. ITHECRABI

ITHECRABI New Member

Don't tell me that you actually do this

shady101 likes this.
  3. loboram

Are we really going to do this?
    Do you really want to start a discussion about this?

4. ITHECRABI

ITHECRABI New Member

You started the discussion when you initially posted, firstly lets get on the same page here. I'm simply trying to understand what you're trying to say that is all.
    So to my assumption you were grinding at a spot and another player just showed up and killed you? or This player was grinding at this said spot and when you arrived he stated the the spot was either taken or this is his grinding spot and proceeded by killing you?

5. loboram

Fair enough it does actually say "Discussion started in Suggestions", so I guess you are right that it is initially a discussion, but I did post it in Suggestions for a reason :)

I do get the confusion, the mass-mind-mentality does not allow for ideas not agreed upon by the majority.
    The huge problem with this is that no one can question what is decided by the majority, if you do you are suddenly not part of it anymore and will be treated badly by the mass, the other obvious problem is that the mass can EASILY choose a way/plan/idea that is complete shaite.

So why did I post this?

Easy, for the people just tuning in, "This is a game, games are made to have fun", MMO-games mean that the game has to please as many people as possible and I do believe that most can agree that it is not fun when someone is interferring with your gaming experience.

The troubling notion behind this post is that many think that PvP is a part of this game and therefore if it is possible to kill others for no reason at all (nor any rewards at all only penalty), then of course everyone should do that to everyone else, but then NO one would have time to actually play the game and it would quickly devolve into a sandbox arena PvP game where all everyone does is camp outside citites and towns just waiting for someone to exit a safezone for the Player Killing to commence.

I am of course exaggerating, but I hope it makes sense this way, the premise that "because it is possible it should be done" is faulty in so many ways I cannot begin that discussion, so if you are a fan of PvP then there are a multitude of games out there that cater specifically to that.

If you want some PvP action in this game, there are in fact specific ways to get that: Nodewars, Siege, Red Battlefield, and the Arsha server (which is the biggest reason for this post really).

Arsha server is the whole idea behind this, if you want to get challenged and have to fight for areas, then you have all the incentive, and rewards that go with it, to go to this part of the server and have it out there all you want.

If however you prefer the PvE side of this game, which is extensive and definately built for the purpose of enjoying the game without interruptions, then it is safe to assume that others should respect that wish.

So when players just start saying things like "this is my spot" in the general world then they must understand that it only works on the Retail-version of this game because there you can have all the toxicity that follows in its wake.

In my opinion, this community is a safehaven away from all that shaite and a place to actually enjoy this game, so in that spirit I will stand up to players who behave like small-minded-egocentric-children bullying other players just because they have the gear to do so. It is not alright to mess up someone elses gaming experience if there are several other options for the PvP players, and to state that an area of the game world is yours is complete insanity; this is not your private sandbox for aggroing strangers, nor is it your server to do with as you please.

It is really simple, I just talk to players whenever I encounter them and I always ask to share the area, most times no one answers but then again they also leave you alone, however sometimes you come across players who will repeatedly kill you for no reason whatsoever except you are in the area. When the player is confronted with the notion that "this is NOT Retail so please stop doing that" they will act out throwing a hissy fit trying to make me the one that is the idiot in the scenario, when all I did was enter an area, get killed several times while trying to talk to the player and eventually have the player follow me around killing me over and over again for 20 minutes or more. This is clearly interferring with my gaming experience and it is entirely based on the notion from the Retail-version that there is such a thing as "my spot".

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  6. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

BTW in case most people DO NOT KNOW.

http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/server-rules.87934/

II. Harassment / Racism / Other offensive language (GamezAION / BDO)
    (This requires substantial proof)
    • These are dependent on the severity. Punishments may differ from this list.
    • First Offense: 48 hour temporary ban
    • Second Offense: 7 Day temporary ban
    • Third Offense: 14 Day temporary ban
    • Fourth Offense: Permanent Ban
    ---

Impeding Game-play / Fair-play (GamezAION / BDO)
    • Actions which include but are not limited to the following, Death Abuse, Certain Skill Abuse, Hide Abuse, Mount Abuse, etc.
    • Bans for these require certain proof, with out 100% Perfect Proof, the reports will be denied with out any question.
    • Any action which can be viewed as to gain unfair advantages over other players (with-in normal means not related to hacking, cheats, etc.). Subject to case by case review by H.GM and Admins upon such as deemed nessesary.
      • Warning: 1 hour Temp Ban (given on skill abuse)
      • First offense: 12 hours of Temp Ban.
      • Second Offense: 48 hours of Temp Ban.
      • Third Offense: 7 Day Ban
      • Fourth Offense: Permanent Ban
    ---
    Read on there's "Permanent Bans (Account Termination) [For ALL Servers]" as well.
    Which I am sure not everyone is aware that we ave rules about the server so I might as well add it hope you don't mind @loboram coz I think what you explained can lead on questions that can be answered that "hey, we have server rules" :)

loboram likes this.
  7. loboram

@RevelationsOn thanks a bunch, I should of course have added the link you just did as well as the quotes, makes things SO much easier to understand now :)

8. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

There are no rules against pvp in Gamez.

shady101, LeCalore and RevelationsOn like this.
  9. loboram

:D
    That is exactly what I wrote, well paraphrased: "GamezBD do not want to alienate their Playerbase"
    However this is not a PvP arena game, nor is it a sandbox PvP. This is a MMORPG-Action-game, now that being said I do understand the terribly easy mistake it is to make thinking that this game is the same everywhere you play it, because it is not.
    There is no incentive to do PvP in the general game world as well as there being Specific-PvP-Events AND a server Specifically for PvP oriented players called the Arsha server which also has incentives for doing exactly that.
    Now in the rest of the entire game world it is true that the mechanism exists to be able to do PvP almost everywhere, but seriously @Lareldal if you are not a sociopath then it seems reasonable to think that everyone can play this game and enjoy the gameworld without having to deal with the same shaite that ruined BDO-retail. Bullying in any and all its forms should not be accepted and excused with some imaginary rules that only exist on Retail about "my spot" or the favorite of most pricks "stop crying this is a PvP game".

I am not saying that it is a bannable offence to Player Kill, but it is certainly at odds with the server rules that make it clear to NOT interfere with others enjoyment of the game and since it is entirely idiotic to think that you are entitled to own a piece of the gameworld declaring it "my spot" in a MMO (MASSIVELY-multiplayer-online) game, I just wanted to point out that this is not retail and as such we do not have to accept any of the shaite made up "rules" they have there.

10. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

Again, Gamez has NO rule against pvp. Now, if it crosses the line of harassment, then take proof to the GM. There's also the mechanic that if one does not want to pvp at all, they can stay 49. this was put in the game for those who do not wish to pvp. When you level to 50, you are warned that you can be pk'd and that by leveling to 50, you accept that fact.

ArchDevil likes this.
  11. loboram

Now this is a first...I have never thought that I would have this argument with an actual staffmember when I have, at no point, indicated that this is the policy of GamezBD!

In fact! I have tried two times now to say that this post is in suggestions for a reason, as well as trying to make a valid "humanitarian" point that states that it is not in the best interest of GamezBD to become another Retail-version of a shaitestorm toxicity and everything that goes with that.

I simply cannot understand how you read passed the lot of the second message @Lareldal without picking up on the FACT that I said that it is not GamezBD policy to ban Player Killers AND that I do not think that Player Killing should be an automatic ban!

I can only see how this way of looking away from this being an actual problem for MANY players is going to affect your player base as well, I specifically did NOT mean to say that all PKing should be banned since it would impact the playerbase and yet you are advocating for this practice to continue when I am clearly making a grand point of it being horribly destructive to most people's gaming experience on your server.

So in order to create SOME sort of balance between the huge amount of players who (like me) think that since this game is being marketed as a MMO-Action-RPG then there certainly should be space for us as well here on GamezBD. The game does have a worldwide PvP mechanism, which to my knowledge has not lead to extreme PKing abuse all over the game-world (yet), I surely do not want the game to change, but seriously I do not think you are reading what I am writing and if so then you are focusing on only one tiny aspect of it.

Since there clearly are two (or more) sides to this issue, then I seriously think that you should take that into account when proudly and loudly declaring that GamezBD should function EXACTLY like the Retail-version because most players do not actually want that at all, they came here for the reason that it is NOT retail (then of course the perks and free stuff).

So please, pretty please...I am not attacking you personally @Lareldal, nor you views or opinions, but then do not do that to me either. I am merely making a sane and reasonable request that Player Killers not have the freedom to ruin other players gaming experience, it is essencially bullying and as I have now said three times; I do not want to ban PKing outright, I am just saying that it is stupid beyond belief to do so when there are other alternatives built into the game.

12. shady101

shady101 New Member

im not understanding the need to type so much, no i didnt read all of your other posts (only some parts) because if i wanted to read a book i i have better options. However if a player is harassing you , as explained by others u know that all u have to do is screenshot and report them. If you don't like that players claim a grinding spot, too bad. In this game the stronger player rules. If you can't beat him then your best option is to leave to another channel or rotation. That's how bdo works.
    now i do want to point out something you said on your first post.

This right here is toxic behavior. You are encouraging players to harass the players that killed them, talk down to them and tell them to quit the game. If you did that to me I'd report you for that type of behavior.

13. loboram

Yeah sorry I did not read what you wrote...because I am acting like you right now.
    Try again, reading is actually good for you as it will make you smarter in the long run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.