1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBD keeps disconnecting/crashing randomly when AFK/Minimized

Discussion in 'Problems' started by dannypt, Jun 12, 2020.

1. dannypt

dannypt New Member

Whenever i start doing the afk activity the game decides to disconnect randomly.
    I can be hours grinding without an issue, but when i minimize the game and let it be he will disconnect in the following hours for no reason.
    Already tried everything from getting the default modem settings, change dns, change pc, yet, this still happens in both pcs with LAN and Wifi network.
    I also can see that the inbound and outbound rules for the game are as allowed in the firewall, i can also see that the antivirus has the game's folder in the exceptions, but nothings works.
    Yesterday i let it for the night and when came back i saw the game saying that it has been disconnected after half an hour, other days go around 3 hours without a reason since i also leave a ping command in cmd and it doesn't show any failed package, so it had internet the whole time.
    Even the other day i was on the pc with the game minimized and the game disconnected, going directly to the launcher, and i was in the internet, so, once again, the game crashed without a reason.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. Foxx23

Foxx23 New Member

not a helpful comment, just keeping an eye on this thread because I'm also having some very occasional client closing issues recently.
    though I do use mods for some specific outfits, so I assumed it could be related to these. and last night apparently my seemingly client disconnected after ~5h of AFK time

3. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

my client does this sometimes. do you have the launcher running in the background as well? is it seeding? sometimes my computer spikes in memory usage and it causes BDO to close even if its in the system tray.

4. Creepiepie

Creepiepie New Member

I used to have some issues like this, especially afking in crowded areas. Changing some graphic settings did the trick for me.

5. Puffery

this too ^ when i afk'd processing near the central market in velia if I clicked off the game i crashed after awhile. when I afk run in a potato field or in ovlia or in port epheria the game stays on until i close it myself. the game basically overloading a cap it set for itself and force closed itself because of it (I guess thats one way to look at it). would like to also point out my game was in remastered mode at that time too.

6. dannypt

dannypt New Member

I don't have any mobs and the client was downloaded through the Gamez client, so everything is from GamezBD

Yes, even when i came back on the morning the launchr is open because BDO closes the client after sometime of been in the main screen

I have two different PC, one desktop and one laptop, with two different setups, the laptop doesn't even have a graphic card but has an i7, it is a work laptop, and this triggers in both.

Once again, this night it didn't even run for one hour, it disconncted again, i even minimized the game instead of sending it to the tray.

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

It does seem to be an ongoing problem, however it may very well be linked to server/client connection, but it is difficult to say unless you run a program to track the internet usage per program as well as tracking the connection stablity.

I too have the same problem, although I can minimize the game to tray without any trouble, however I do get at least 4-5 times a week, disconnections with the game-server that affect the AFK-Auto-Path, so that when I wake up to check, the character is either standing still, or is running without the mount, basically wasting a lot of AFK-training hours.

Puffery likes this.
  8. dannypt

dannypt New Member

Well, to me it isn't 4-5 times a week, it is every time between half an hour and 5 hours after minimizing the game.
    Never come back and had pearl for more than 5 hours when i got back to the game.
    And it also doesn't make sense to be a network issue, otherwise it would also trigger will playing it, not only while minimized.

another thing that i can see happening in the forum is the following:
    [​IMG]

not sure if it is related or not, but maybe the dns should be the one from cloudfare and not from google

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  9. loboram

@dannypt it seems to be a somewhat bigger issue for you then, have you tried doing a net-tracking on your system?

It may be the Internet Service Provider you are using, or perhaps the VPN-service, you are going to have to make a search, I can say that my issue is most likely down to the VPN I use, since it does have precedence to small temporary connection losses, which will make both the website and the game-client react badly.

10. dannypt

dannypt New Member

i don't use any VPN.
    Can you point me a good net-tracking software so i can run during the night?

11. loboram

Now the first thing I will say, is that I have not yet tested these myself, and they may not actually do what I think they do, so it is really up to you to find and use an "Open Source" or "Freeware" program, that can monitor your network usage.

simple google search got me to this...there are a few of them that will do the job:
    https://solutionsreview.com/network...ree-and-open-source-network-monitoring-tools/

Icinga is an open source network monitoring tool that measures network availability and performance

Paessler PRTG 100 is a network monitoring tool

SolarWinds Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor is a free bandwidth monitoring tool

Spiceworks Network Monitor is a free network monitoring program

Zabbix is an open source monitoring tool suite that includes network monitoring

12. dannypt

dannypt New Member

Ok, i was thinking of simplier solutions than those open sources.
    I already use some of those in my job and really didn't wanted to setup them for my home network for only this game and i would say that the ping test in the cmd would do what i want that is to see if i keep my network at all time during the night.

Another solution that i tried this afternoon, was afk the whole day, was to do the autopath for a place that doesn't have a lot of poeple, for example, at south of velia, mark with red:
    [​IMG]
    This work during the afternoon, but it might have been luck or not, going to try during the night.
    I saw someone giving this tip for this issue on the retail, people that were having issues wih the autopath/afk during the night, to do it where there aren't a lot of people.
    I before was passing through velia's market, where there are a lot of people, but never thought it could be that, going to test it and give news tomorrow.

loboram likes this.
  13. Puffery

velia market is where i always get disconnected if I minimize to tray. i stay far away from central market or make sure I'm not on ch1 or ch 3 which are usually the more crowded channels. auto path in the potato field or even ovlia because hardly anyone stays in ovlia.

loboram likes this.
  14. remilafo

remilafo New Member

I found this only happens in busy town and cities.. Game is perfectly stable if you are in a quite area..

Since we got tons of pearls get lots of market maids and live off the grid in a farm house or something.

loboram likes this.
  15. loboram

Unfortunately this isn't the issue for me personally, since I have ALways stayed away from busy areas, however it might have something to do with the "server day" reset, since it seems to happen around that time of day, my character just stops moving or gets pushed off the mount to continue running on their own, it is Extremely difficult to say for sure, since it mainly happens when I am not monitoring the game, and asleep.

16. dannypt

dannypt New Member

well... i did the test this night and it didn't worked.
    still got disconnected.
    Today i'm going to try to run two BDO clients, one from another server and this one, to see if both got disconnected or not, if only Gamez gets disconnected, then the issue is from the server, i can't get any other explanation.
    does anyone knows the EU servers ip to make cmd track the pings to the server?
    i have been doing to google, but i think it would be better to do it directly to the server.

17. dannypt

dannypt New Member

so, strange enough, with both clients running, this night it didn't disconnected, going to test it again this night to see if i get the same result.

18. dannypt

dannypt New Member

it seems that two night in a row the solution was to put a second bdo running in the background.
    this is simplest the most stupid solution that i can think of... and i wouldn't say that is a problem from my network, otherwise it would make both of them crash and, at this moment, none of them is crashing/disconnecting.

19. loboram

Well, it does work mostly, but there are weeks were the connection is interrupted several times a day, however mostly the server runs smoothly, it just so happens to be very annoying that it happens during the night, so the amount of Training/Mount experience is halted, although it is far worse when the game ends up on the start screen, because that means that your account is also missing out on the free Pearls :(

20. dannypt

dannypt New Member

mine would always end in Gamez launcher, this two nights it went ok with other BDO client running at the same time.