1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Serious] Why do you play Gamez BD?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by evilroots, Nov 17, 2020.

1. evilroots

evilroots New Member

Hello guys,

First, I hope this is the correct section for submitting my thread. Secondly, hopefully I am not breaking any community rules with this thread, if so, apologies to the moderators in advance.

I have been playing BDO for a couple of years already. There have been times in which I have stopped playing for over a month and usually return to play the game, more so when good events are taking place. Recently I have seen a lot of discussion within the official BDO in-game chat and discord regarding private servers; some of the arguments being discussed got my attention, this is why I decided to come to this community and get the point of view directly from players who have been playing in this private server.

I made a list of questions from which I would like to get an insight of your point of view. Please don’t take is as a full questionnaire, rather feel free to answer the questions you feel are more relevant for you.

• How long have you been playing BDO? (official/private)
    • What made you want to turn into the private server community?
    • Did you quit the official server after playing on a private server?
    • Are there flaws in the private server that make you want to return to playing the official game?
    • What do you like the most about BDO?
    • What is the biggest issue on BDO?
    • Is there something you would add to the game?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Happy gaming!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Kyrillos likes this.
  2. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

- 7 months.
    - The paywall and timewall behind retail version of the game
    - Yes, totally quit
    - Definitely, crashes when swapping character, updates every 6 months, desync.
    - The combat system and class identity
    - RNG in almost every aspect of the game
    - More frequent small content updates and balance changes. Failsafe on high RNG items (elten piece) and such. Better PvP rewards.

desertkatze and CLANNADaniel like this.
  3. Morthar

Morthar New Member

1) Played retail from January to June of 2020/ Been playing GameZ for a month now;
    2) I chose to play in a private server because in the hands of the original owning company the game became enslaving to the point it was unbearable;
    3) I quit the official server even before I knew there were private servers, such was my discontent with the way retail was designed (extremely hard to force people to spend too much time and real money on it);
    4) There are flaws in the private server, which I really would like to see corrected in order for the server to become even better, but there are absolutely no flaw in the private server that would justify a return to retail;
    5) What I like the most about BDO is:
    a) It's awesome combat
    b) It's sober design that somehow manages to transport and immerse you in a logically fantasy world that recalls the roots of original medieval themed rpgs, in contrast to carnival like RPGs that makes you feel in my little pony universe;
    c) It's seamless open world that manages a lot to provide the immersion sensation;
    d) The progression system based primarily on grinding (which I love in the right amounts) and the enhancing system (which I also like a lot if it is based on reasonable ratings) that demands effort and knowledge from the player;
    6) The biggest issue on BDO is the excess of RNG based mechanics of progression. Enhancing rng is comprehensible (when in reasonable ratings!), but making everything rng based breaks the merit from the player, devalue the time invested on the game and segregate people based on pure randomness. But seriously, I wouldn't even mind the amount of RNG it has if the ratings were sober, which unfortunately I don't think we quite have in gameZ, although gameZ beautifully managed to achieve a lot of "Just right" customizations, which I praise, such like loot filter, free pearls, mobs aggro increase, desert opening, etc.
    7) If there is something I would add to the game? Do you mean the general game or GameZ BD?, If it is the first, I wouldn't add nothing right now, iif it is the latter, YES, I would add a couple of things:
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/tuvala-materials-drops-comparison.234989/

http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threa...stions-for-a-better-game.234815/#post-2199979

4. lumoz

lumoz Proficient

-about 2 years (last 4 and a half month on gamez)
    -i wanted to see everything from the game. on retail, you are logged out from so much stuff if you didnt play from day one, its a joke
    -i absolutely despice the guild Disbandwhen and they should get banned from the server (normaly such guilds would be no problem, but with an average of 1.5k to 1.8k players on eu, they have weight)
    -combat system, the sheer amount of stuff you can do (im normaly a grinder, but since its reachable on gamez, i started lifeskill stuff and also wana go for a ship next)
    -the absolutely bigges issue: some mechanics in game. just cause they are there, everyone thinks he can be a prick. i lately left my guild cause it was pve and i got jumped to often by 2 or more guys while grinding, so i left (cause guild leader had to many wardeclarations to clear up, and that sucks, cause the players in the guild were a bit like a fam but i had to leave if i still wanted to play :/ ) also RNG ^^
    -a fix for the stupid enhance system. i have an unlucky account. i was never able to upgrade stuff for cheaper than when i would have just bought the next upgradelevel... (would love to see a real failsafe: after a set amount of fails, you should get a 100% chance to upgrade. i dont upgrade anymore, since its just way cheaper for me to buy the stuff. will propably same with when i finally get dawns etc. ^^

Edit: Also kudos to kolka and his team. :D

5. RadiantCure

RadiantCure Witch of the Rainbow Forum Legend

Since Gamez beta, I only tried official once, but when I found out through a friend about private servers - I never looked back.
    I don't like the culture of retail, there's a lot more chill vibe in a private server - possibly because of population.
    Yup
    • Are there flaws in the private server that make you want to return to playing the official game?
    Personally, I think that certain updates between retail and a private server has a big difference and causes a big impact considering the difference in population.
    Character Customization, combat, graphics, beautiful open world.
    Succession :> class imbalance
    Emotes, user to user interactions, user to pet interactions, and as cliche as it is..I miss the wedding features in mmos, more variation with mounts.

benzamg168 and desertkatze like this.
  6. KaySin

KaySin New Member

• I played around 1 year on retail and I play 2 weeks here
    • Tbh I did not know there was a private server to begin with that is why I started retail
    • I quit retail long before I joined the server cuz you could grind 10 hours a day for 1 month and not be able to afford a V accessory and it was very time consuming
    • Nop would not return to retail except if the server closed or if there was no people to pvp with at all here
    • Well a lot of classes , nice pvp , node wars and generally it feels like a complete game
    • I think the only issue I discovered till now is that the money making ways are limited . Because you can only make money with hunting gathering and horse breeding . With gathering you can make 400-600 m per hour when with bartering you need to farm 2 days to get 600m so yeah . If they could buff other life skills it would be awesome
    • I would add more people but I don’t think that is possible

7. Kyrillos

Kyrillos VI

How long have you been playing BDO? (official/private)
    = I never play the official game, I start playing Gamezbd since 2017 if my memory doesn't broke yet xD.
    What made you want to turn into the private server community?
    = more easier than the official many players came from official told me that.
    Did you quit the official server after playing on a private server?
    = I never play the official
    Are there flaws in the private server that make you want to return to playing the official game?
    = No there's no.
    What do you like the most about BDO?
    = her vast world, I love to. Explore it the music. Things like lifeskill close enough to old life.
    What is the biggest issue on BDO?
    = its RNG xD.
    Is there something you would add to the game?
    =I'd like to make the game in VR like Ready Player One film it's awesome

8. NothingNerfed

NothingNerfed New Member

• 3 years
    • Paywall
    • Yeah
    • No
    • pvp
    • gms destroying everything
    • gms not breaking everything

9. Khazz

Khazz New Member

1) about 3.5 years including retail.
    2) Disagreement with PA's handling of the game.
    3) No. I simply quit Retail because (2)
    4) Nothing major of value is lost compared to retail, looking at everything in general. Except the damn characterswap crashes on vell.
    5) Economy, Classdiversity, Economic manipulation options. Possibility of flooring everything. the huge map, exploration possibilities, tons of sandbox stuff. theorycrafting, simulations.
    6) no Silverbased Landscape ownership possibility. Nothing really in particular missing for me at this point. Unless we go into class balance, succ wizard and succ guardian etc. blah.
    7) Possibility to buy Parts of the map so people have to pay a royalty fee and taxes to you, on any channel, to grind there, aka Second life style.

10. Chartos

Chartos New Member

How long have you been playing BDO? (official/private)
    Retal since day1, 15k hours on retail and about 7k on gamez. GamezNA for 3 months then Gamez EU since day1
    What made you want to turn into the private server community?
    I cant be bothered grinding with retail rates anymore.
    Did you quit the official server after playing on a private server?
    Yeh, sold my pens and moved to gamez
    Are there flaws in the private server that make you want to return to playing the official game?
    No, its better in every way, pvpers might want more pvp scene but i do not care about pvp.
    Would not return to retail even if gamez closed, would just stop with bdo because i beat it here anyways.
    What do you like the most about BDO?
    Combat, Graphics, only decent looking mmo out there imo...
    What is the biggest issue on BDO?
    Lack of party content. Bring back SD, make more party oriented spots, guild is just a chatroom if you dont pvp.
    Is there something you would add to the game?
    Bdo?: finish the damn continent already, regions are getting smaller and smaller, tho they will have a huge lack of items for spots and such, guess they're working on it.
    Gamez?: Server has 10x on a lot of stuff but it does not have on one of them, item boxes, those are with retail rates.... Vell heart should have a better chance to drop, khan enhancement should be easier, even as a paid feature. (I have a khan enhanced vells heart already but this is something that feels wayyy out of place on gamez.)
    Tier 10 horse will be cancerous to get because red feathers drop only from lakiaro boxes so it will be 10x slower compared to the rest of server content. but other than that im good.

SecretCall likes this.
  11. bryanchi

bryanchi New Member

• How long have you been playing BDO? (official/private) 4 months
    • What made you want to turn into the private server community? free pearls
    • Did you quit the official server after playing on a private server? quit yes
    • Are there flaws in the private server that make you want to return to playing the official game? there's still a lot but biggest thing is market fix
    • What do you like the most about BDO? lifeskills pvp and open world
    • What is the biggest issue on BDO? RNG intensive
    • Is there something you would add to the game? add a little bit of froup activities, or add a little theme park type

12. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

4 years on retail, with many months of pause. a couple of months on gamezbd
      retail leech your damn life if you want to achieve something, don't have time/will for that anymore.
      Yep, just went back once for pen roulette, just destroyed everything.
      I'm ok with the crashes and little bugs, but I won't ever accept the underwater horses
      The immersive world and the fomentative combat
      lack of group content, played mostly solo.
      Group event, like in guild wars 2, and better world bosses, let's see if nightmare kzarka/nouver will be any challenging.

13. takyon

takyon New Member

BDO for 3 years starting from release then quit
      missed the game but retail too demanding to return to, gamezEU was about to come out and had friends going on it
      Quit before
      Not enough people for large scale pvp, not enough people in arena (important: I quit around March 2019 and just returned)
      Combat, PvP systems
      doesn't respect player's time or computer, too much focus on micromanagement/crafting (no alternatives, you don't afk/craft, you progress slower)
    minigames, toy items (we have couple instruments), more incentives for group play, content aimed towards group play (pve), monster AI, more pvp modes and rewards

14. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

it's 100% more fair than retail! you get more for your money here! and 100% less pay2win!

and most of all! free peals!