1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[VOTE] GamezBD Central Market Fix

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Mar 7, 2021.

?

Change the state of our Central Market?

1. Yes

76.7%
  2. No

23.3%
  1. ludiq

ludiq New Member

Some of materials i do use .....for alchemy or cooking,like blodd,meat and so on ,but the main profit come from enhancing mats ,special mats and so on .And besides hards (already mention that in previous comment) ,all other suff is selling relatively fast,not reatail fast ,but more like gamez fast :D.And while topic is about fixing the market ,let me comment on that too .Market is far from broken ,sure there are some flaws (like when price change ,some goods are out of stock ,even that there are listed form ppl ,but they are outside range of current price and market sits and wait,instead to move to listed goods,forcing ppl to relist goods) ,but most problems come from ppl,ppl are those that need to be ''fixed '',to stop list on min price and have some patience .But we all know that this is impossible to fix ;).As for your suggestion in the vote - not much can be done here by gamez devs ,Kolka already explained why,modifying client could lead to legal problems ,and we all know that PA only wait such thing to happen and to jump on server.
    My 2 cents :)

loboram likes this.
  2. Visoral

Visoral Getting there

Many players have been complaining for over 6 (or more?) months but they did nothing
    Because they know they shouldn't
    Compare the population of one, two, or three years ago with the population of today
    The population of GamezBD continues to grow
    As Kolka always says, they'll only conduct polls on Telegram when they need

Sorry to say this but honestly, any suggestion to make big changes to the game client or the server to a different specification than retail is a waste of time
    Basically they follow the retail patch notes exactly because that's how they keep compatibility high and deploy updates faster
    Imagine adding a variable that doesn't exist in the retail and needs to adapt it every update

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello again, and thanks a lot for the kind tone of your response, I do think that we just had our wires crossed to begin with there. So I really liked your reply, it had a lot to dig into as well, which is why I quoted these particular pieces.

Selling TFS (Time Filled Stones)? But that isn't possible, is it?

Yeah I didn't actually include which maximum price I meant. I did mean the currently available maximum price, But there might be an arguement made for the absolute maximum. Well, if items were "artificially" (by default) brought to absolute maximum, then I am just hoping it would take more time for them, to drop to absolute minimum, yeah I know...not that much going for hope when it is up against human greed :D

You are Absolutely Right about that, I had not reviewed the entire list of goods, that's for sure. Completely missed that one, bottle of seawater...fragging amazing that it is That expensive, when you cannot really use it for ANYthing But heating into salt. Funny thing is, that you can buy salt from pretty much Any Safezone (with a few exceptions) NPC-food-vendor. However I did mean more elaborate item-crafting, not just processing. Processed items are quite well priced, although there are a few exceptions again, as you have pointed out. I mainly meant proper Crafted items; Mount-, Hunting-, Fishing-, Life-skills in general- GEAR, AND higher crafting Materials, such as the Enhanced Flax for instance, that has a price MUCH lower than the price of one of its materials.

Lastly, I thank you kindly for not bringing more cheating options into the game, however I do believe that you Should report it all to the developers, in order for them to try to make some changes, they might be able to stop the exploit, which is a bannable offense. Yeah...sorry...as I was typing it I realized, you probably already did, otherwise why say so on the forum :confused:

I like your reply there Mocks, however this bit has me really worried. The whole conversion of Real-Life-Money into in-game Silver currency, is an incredibly bad direction to take the GamezBD Server-Project in.

I know you will always argue that you wouldn't need to use real-life-money to get more Silver, BUT the fact is that there are some players that Would indeed do that. Buy Pearls with Real-Life-Money, and then get the Caphras in order to get more Silver.

So what is really needed is a larger Life-Skilling population on GamezBD, because they WILL bring the possitive change to the current state of the Central Market. However most life-skillers won't play on GamezBD, mainly because GamezBD isn't as welcoming to that type of player. Limiting the Trade-silver income over multiple areas, is likely to make this type of player stay away from our community :(

Yeah I did imagine, because I had this talk with Kolka a year or more ago.

So yeah, there should certainly be some groundwork done, as I tried to say; There is a way to sort a database, other than what the order of the item-IDs. With that tool, it is possible to make changes for the different categories that you have made yourself, so the changes won't affect anything but what is in that category.

The change isn't being made to the Client version, but the database itself, either Item-ID database, or Central Market database, both of which are server-side or it might be the same databse that carries both of these "infos". Which means that many concerns about it not being a doable thing aren't warranted.

Making a database category takes a LOT of time, and sure it would still need adjusting now and then, but it is a Heckofalot less work, than having manually adjust each item price, not just once but with every update as well.

4. loboram

Against the "hostile advice" from a certain player/forum-user, who is hellbent on being an arse towards me, for what seems like no reason at all, I shall again try to make this post come to light/life.

It just seems as if, while these changes are remarkably difficult on the surface to make, it is indeed in the collective gain of the entire GamezBD population, if these things were working well, and even with a special-GamezBD-custom-content sticker on it.

It is SURE to drive up the numbers of players, who enjoy the Black Desert Online game for all it has to offer, especially if paired with the [Vote] Trade Reform (https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/vote-gamezbd-trade-reform.237382/), which would increase the overall number of players on the GamezBD servers :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  5. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Don't say that since you didn't bothered answering him the first time. But don't worry, now that the question has been answered I'll clear your thread and let it be.

@Jawa if you need any further assistance just DM me or create your own thread.

6. loboram

Well, let's try this again :)

More votes are certainly welcomed, so please, add your "two cents" or other suggestions (in line with the thread subject), and let's keep those votes coming...although...there is a change coming to the Central Market, in the form of the new big update, that is in the works...so maybe we should wait and see what is going to happen?

7. loboram

THIS is a possible and really good idea, to boost our GamezBD community Central Market :)

8. loboram

Anyone else have an idea on what could improove the Central Market?

"Out of the box" ideas are welcome :)

9. Arista

Arista New Member

I don't think the marketplace prices should be affected by people min listing. I think the price should stick at a max and the only reason an item price should decrease is because their is a higher quality item. When I came to gamez kzarka was 9bil now it's less than a billion. This causes 2 issues, the interest in the item is decreased and there is no value in removing caphras and selling the item if you have one and upgrade to blackstar. This is just one example...in fact it cost more to remove caphras than buying actual gear. We need a reboot of the cm that stays consistent.

loboram likes this.
  10. loboram

Hello there, I am glad that you are replying, and that you are offering you own ideas.

I was wondering, which items are "of higher quality"? I mean there are some obvious examples; Pepper, high quality Pepper, and Special Pepper. But if you are talking about the Boss (end-game) gear, then it is pretty difficult to say.

Say that the Blackstar gear, is the very highest, despite there being other Boss gear, with added Caphras of course, that rival -or might be even better than- the Blackstar gear. So it is really a decision that is up to the players, what type and combination of gear, that they want to use. Let's just remember, that the myth of meta (mainstream) gaming, doesn't always add up to the "ultimate/best/perfect" selection, that will work for all players, no matter who they are, or how they want to play.

So while I really like your idea, it needs a bit of fine tuning. If the Central Market has no price changes, then there wouldn't really be a need, for a Player-to-Player Market. Because if the prices are always the same, then why not just have NPCs, that just sell and buy things?

I have already said, that having the Central Market be managed by the Staff, is not going to be feasible, it is going to be an unending job, and it won't be something, that will really fix the underlying problem. The problem is, that the Central Market isn't using the various prices, of other items to set the price of a single item. But it is quite hard, to make an algorithm, that takes into account, ALL the variations, that go into making one item.

For instance: Making a Potion, where you have to add four different Reagents. Each reagent has a price, that will add to the final value of the potion, plus the time and effort that the player took, to create the potion (roughly 10-30%).
    However the prices of the Reagents, would also be affected by the price of the Potion, right? So if the Potion is flooded onto the Market, and there are 10.000s of potions there, so the price is plunging downwards. Then wouldn't it make sense, that the reagents for creating the potion, suddenly start costing more than the potion itself.

I can only envision a slightly easier approach, where the Minimum Prices are set higher, and the Maximum Prices are set higher, as well as that the rate, at which the Prices fluctuate.
    So everyday the Prices are changed by: number of preorders, or/and sales, or/and number of items for sale.
    Somehow the Prices have to be kept in tune, with the Prices of items used to create/craft other items.
    The individual Price of a single Reagent/Ingredient/Material item, should not be able to cost more, than an item created from said Reagent/Ingredient/Material item.

What do you think?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  11. loboram

I was writing on another thread, and suddenly I realized that it could be useful to have added to this thread as well:

"I mean the whole way the Central Market is setup for instance, has now been shown that it does not work, with the drop rates given here on GamezBD. Also that denying full access to Trading here on GamezBD, has hurt the Central Market so badly, that it is now very hard to find basic life-skill materials there. Once upon a time, there were up to 4000 players, playing on weekends, and the Central Market was buzzing with materials, as well as items of all sorts.

Sadly nowadays the Central Market is nearly empty, and still somehow all items are sold at minimum...makes no sense at all. So if you implement just this one change, it might not hurt the game at all, Or it could mean even more problems to how prices are set, and even less players interested in actually playing the game, instead they just do the "backwards mainstream thing", where you just buy whatever you need off the CM (Central Market).

The idea of the Central Market, was that ALL players were playing the Whole game, even trying for the most unobtainable items, because if enough players do this; SOMEone Will Get it eventually. If enough then get it, then ALL players will all reap the benefits, of ALL players playing the Whole game. Which includes Enhancing, Trading, Cooking, Hunting, Alchemy Stones, Training/Taming, Gathering, Alchemy...Basically trying Everything."

12. loboram

Trying once more, to see if there are some really good suggestions out there, on how to make things better here on GamezBD.